Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Does anybody own an "Easy Green" (auto sprouter)?
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 06, 2014 08:59PM

Did you juice all of those?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 06, 2014 09:08PM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you juice all of those?

That wasn't much juice. I often have a bucket of greens. But yes, l did juice them all. That chia is a real mood enhancer, amazing. I also have special chia shelves where l can grow up to 14 trays of grass. But you need to grow it in a hothouse environment or else it can rot or dry out easily.

I will be going on a big chia grass binge soon for a few months. Can't wait. I'll also do some flax grass.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 06, 2014 09:12PM

How much juice did it give you? How much do you normally have each day?

Date: March 06, 2014 09:27PM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How much juice did it give you? How much do you
> normally have each day?

Only about 16 oz in all yesterday. Only a small juice up. Only harvested the extra long broccoli with wide heads and left most to another day. Had almost the most potent juice possible - the chia, broccoli sprouts and the weeds...if l added the ryegrass it would have completed the extra high potency and made it completely perfect (adding the grass in brings that extra special effect). The stronger the taste, the more l like it. The extra strong green juice is my favourite part of the meals, nothing more satisfying than that. If l try freshly grown vegetable green juice l feel like l am drinking water, and it doesn't have much effect compared with the sprout juices, that's why l don't bother with vegetables. That's why l also like the kelp, it had a strong flavour and more satisfying to eat. The strongest tasting of all the sprouts is millet, but that is far too strong and needs fermenting to tone it down.

I try to do 32 oz each day, but sometimes only harvest 16 oz because l don't want to overdo anything, and it also depends on what's available. During the hottest month of Feb l have no greens at all because they are impossible to grow - I really miss my greens after not having them an entire month.

During winter l will fill big bags with weeds (nice and juicey during the cold months) once a week and do a day session of drinking weed juice and have 120 oz or more (always use a manual wheatgrass juicer for tough weeds so the electric machine doesn't jam up). The weed juice has a unique impact on the brain that no other sprout or vegetable has..there is something special in those weeds.

When the foods are really strong they have a better effect, and it tastes like real raw food. To me, that is what raw food is about...enjoying the strong tastes and the strong effects on the mind and body. I see fruit and vegetables as `party foods'.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 09:37PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables