Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

protien?
Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: November 30, 2006 12:02PM

I feel hungry. today is day 4. This is all very new to me. help. protien tips? am I s'pose to ease into this raw food?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: protien?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 30, 2006 01:20PM

Tips:

-If you eat a WIDE variety of fresh fruits and vegetables - and are getting enough calories / exercise to maintain your goal weight....then you are sure to get enough protein. Eat nuts or sprouts for added protein (which you don't need).

-I have NEVER seen an American (barring eating disorders & chronic disease) that even comes close to protein deficient. In my opinion, it is a myth.

-Yes. Ease into raw food eating a pace that is right for you. You'll get great support and advice from the wonderful folks on this board (myself included).

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: November 30, 2006 01:29PM

Are you saying that you are on day 4 of 100% raw? If so thats great. I found that just trying to go 100% raw right away was really difficult. I have failed numerous times. Some people are able to do it though.

I am still not quite 100% raw but I am working on it.

It can be a good idea to ease in slowly if you are having a hard time, replace one or two of your daily meals with raw and work up. Do what is comfortable for you.

You should be getting enough protein. Depending on what you are eating of course.

Are you sure you feel hungry or is it just cooked food addiction? If you are hungry, remember to eat enough you wont survive on just a bit of salad. Eat a various types of fruits and veggies and vary your diet, see what feels best.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2006 01:31PM by jadedshade.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: November 30, 2006 03:26PM

Seaweed is high in protien, also many other things which your body may enjoy.

Ian.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables