Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

apple cider vinegar baking soda for hair
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 05, 2014 10:10AM

was doing a little research on apple cider vinegar and baking soda for hair wash

someone wrote that apple cider vinegar should not be used on the scalp cuz your hair will smell like ACV

but to use it on the bottom half

and that the baking soda is the "shampoo"

well, im confused

other than the smell, what is wrong with using apple cider vinegar for scalp?

also what would be the best essential oil to get rid of the ACV smell?

So, to repeat my question:

1) what is wrong with putting ACV on scalp other than the smell

2) what can i do to take the ACV smell away?

Also, i heard other people saying that conditioner should not be used on scalp.
Are they talking about the not so nice conditioners that have lots of chemicals or are they talking about all conditioners including "natural" conditioners? I'm a little confused.

Is anyone a hair expert? I use "natural" shampoo/conditioners but still... i think that it leaves residue etc.

Why do "natural" shampoo/conditioners leave residue? Is using apple cider vinegar and baking soda the only way to not have residue?

I have a lot of hair. I'm not complaining but it can be a bit much to take care of sometimes. lolsmiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: apple cider vinegar baking soda for hair
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 05, 2014 01:30PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Why do "natural" shampoo/conditioners leave
> residue?

It sounds like the problem is with your water being too hard. This a problem in a lot of areas o the world. Now and then my water softener needs to be repaired and in it's down time I use coconut soap to wash my hair to get it clean enough. It's very inexpensive in grocery stores.

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 05, 2014 01:59PM

La_Veronoque, if it is hard water that is the problem you would probably be be a happy camper if you get a water softener. Not only will your hair be cleaner but so will your washed clothes and dishes. On top of that you can try some really cool stuff on your hair and in your bath like seaweed - which would probably be a disaster with hard water.

Anyway, if you decide to shop around for water conditioners the salesmen will test your water and you can find out how hard it is for free.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 05, 2014 02:08PM

interesting suez

that is an idea

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables