Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Today is my 6th day eating grapes only
Posted by: rab ()
Date: March 08, 2014 11:34PM

..and I feel great! Energy level is high, since I eat a lot of grapes. I eat mostly Concord grapes (no, they are not organic, I try to clean each grape but that's it). I also only drink distilled water (I have only been drinking distilled water for probably close to 10 years now).
I was planning to do one week on grapes and then continue vegan/vegetarian but I may continue on grapes for a while, don't know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Today is my 6th day eating grapes only
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 09, 2014 02:46AM

I did that until I started taking my blood sugar after grape meals and could see that it shot my blood sugar through the roof. Turns out each meal of Concord grapes I was taking had as much sugar in it as hospitals use on their blood sugar stress test! I was essentially giving myself a stress test three times a day. But, yes, it does feel good doesn't it? I was flying high as a kite. Hope you are younger and stronger than I was and don't end up pre diabetic like I did.

It wasn't worth the high. At all. Please get a kit and start taking your blood sugar before you have to.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 09, 2014 05:10AM

That sounds great rab! Keep up posted of your progress on this regimen.

I love concord grapes too. They are the best.

Date: March 09, 2014 05:44AM

Thanks, Prana. I have been eating A LOT of grapes for several years now, I can say that it is my main food (along with dates). I was born in a vineyard area, so maybe it comes natural to me.
SueZ, I am absolutely convinced that grapes are not harmful, regardless of how much sugar enters your blood stream. How? I have been doing it my whole life. If you eat chocolate, there is 'high' and then there is a deep 'low'. NO SUCH THING WITH GRAPES. Ever. And the 'high' is much longer, brain works perfect for HOURS after you eat grapes.
Maybe there is a difference between the sugar from grapes and the one from dates but whatever you eat RAW the body seems to know how to deal with it.

Date: March 09, 2014 06:06AM

rab Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks, Prana. I have been eating A LOT of grapes
> for several years now, I can say that it is my
> main food (along with dates). I was born in a
> vineyard area, so maybe it comes natural to me.
> SueZ, I am absolutely convinced that grapes are
> not harmful, regardless of how much sugar enters
> your blood stream. How? I have been doing it my
> whole life. If you eat chocolate, there is 'high'
> and then there is a deep 'low'. NO SUCH THING WITH
> GRAPES. Ever. And the 'high' is much longer, brain
> works perfect for HOURS after you eat grapes.
> Maybe there is a difference between the sugar from
> grapes and the one from dates but whatever you eat
> RAW the body seems to know how to deal with it.

I wish you well, Rab, despite Prana probably thinking otherwise.

Take care.

Date: March 09, 2014 06:11AM

Thanks, SueZ. I read a few of your messages and I see that you are trying to increase sulfur in your diet. I try to completely eliminate it. Different concepts, I guess. I wish you well also.

Date: March 09, 2014 06:50AM

rab Wrote:
> Thanks, SueZ. I read a few of your messages and I
> see that you are trying to increase sulfur in your
> diet. I try to completely eliminate it. Different
> concepts, I guess. I wish you well also.

Thanks, Rab, yes it seems we are going in different directions, lol. There is a lot of that surfacing in the raw food movement now as individuals hit various walls.

The old raw food guard is not happy with new stuff, just as it goes in any field of endeavor. Dr. Morse is a big pusher of "no sulfur". In his iridology videos he attributes the brown/yellow/orange in iris' to sulfur accumulations. In my opinion the problem is due to mercury which has chelated to, and inactivated, the bodies' needed sulfur so I try to replenish by taking in more sulfur.

The result of this, for me, is an objective success as almost all of those colors are now gone from my iris'! All that is left is less that a mm on each eye next to each iris in an ever shrinking half crescent.

Posted by: Vegetable Police ()
Date: March 09, 2014 12:43PM

I ate nothing but grapes for 4 days once. The cool thing was that any stomach pain I had had before that, disappeared completely. I woke up with fresh breath, and consider it to have been a great healing experience.

But I was also severely dehydrated and felt like crap the whole time lol. Grapes are one of the worst fruits for my teeth too. It's great that they do so well for you Rab. Grapes are one of those ultimate healing foods. Do you take herbs too?

SueZ I tried your style of diet too, with many benefits and some side effects. I think they are both valid approaches to healing the body. They both work which is why conversations can get so passionate when comparing the high fat to high fruit. I think it really matters what organ systems are weak in the body to dictate who will thrive on which diet. Weak congested liver probably won't do well on fats until it is cleaned out. Weak adrenals and pancreas will have problems with the sugars. And I believe we need both styles of diets at different times for complete healing. Continuous experiments winking smiley

Date: March 09, 2014 02:02PM

Vegetable Police Wrote:
> I ate nothing but grapes for 4 days once. The
> cool thing was that any stomach pain I had had
> before that, disappeared completely. I woke up
> with fresh breath, and consider it to have been a
> great healing experience.
>
> But I was also severely dehydrated and felt like
> crap the whole time lol. Grapes are one of the
> worst fruits for my teeth too. It's great that
> they do so well for you Rab. Grapes are one of
> those ultimate healing foods. Do you take herbs
> too?
>
> SueZ I tried your style of diet too, with many
> benefits and some side effects. I think they are
> both valid approaches to healing the body. They
> both work which is why conversations can get so
> passionate when comparing the high fat to high
> fruit. I think it really matters what organ
> systems are weak in the body to dictate who will
> thrive on which diet. Weak congested liver
> probably won't do well on fats until it is cleaned
> out. Weak adrenals and pancreas will have
> problems with the sugars. And I believe we need
> both styles of diets at different times for
> complete healing. Continuous experiments winking smiley

Hi, Vegetable Police, (lol, love that name), I totally agree with you and well said!

Date: March 09, 2014 10:57PM

I don't see any 'raw food guards' - they simply have no way of controlling anyone, it is not like FDA is behind them to inforce their opinion...so, if they are firm in their belief that does not mean that they are 'guards', unless someone directly depends on them.
Anyway, if you use the famous American phrase : "Either lead or follow...or move out of the way" - I belong to the "move out of the way". Even my blood type (Acool smiley according to the Japanese belief is not to be trusted because we always do what we like smiling smiley Not a team player smiling smiley

Back to the topic: If one eats nothing but grapes...how long does it take before some 'unusual' elimination ? So far it all looks normal as can be. The digestion is perfect.

Date: March 09, 2014 11:55PM

Vegetable Police Wrote:
> Grapes are one of the
> worst fruits for my teeth too.

I find that all fruits have a negative impact on my teeth because they become sensitive. When l avoid fruit l never have a problem.

Regarding the sulfar foods mentioned earlier...l am a big fan of sulfar foods. I find it to be very important in the diet, especially for a sproutarian who needs it to work with fucose sugars. Some diets may need less, but certianly not my diet.

Dr Morse says many things that make me cringe, winking smiley but l like the man very much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2014 11:58PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 10, 2014 12:22AM

Hi SueZ winking smiley Thanks! I enjoy your posts as well.

Rab, all you can do is just wait and hope for something crazy to come out of you lol. You never know what the body is working on at any given moment. You might not have anything strange to eliminate though so don't feel disappointed winking smiley

Sproutarian, I agree fruits can be horrible for teeth. I haven't quite figured it out other than the obvious unripe fruits are acidic, and the sugar likes to send painful electro shocks to any existing cavities. My teeth started really reparing on a juice fast though with lots of fruit juice so I don't really get it. For me, it's more the act of chewing fruit that screws me up.

I respect Dr. Morse because he gets results. I'm certified from his school. He is one of the people I trust, but he is very set in his ways about certain things. He thinks all infrared saunas are bad because of one case he saw where a woman used something called red ray therapy which hardened her cancerous breast tissue like a rock. Completely different than infrared saunas. And he is so very against sulfur because of the sulfur based medications doctors use. He lumps all organic sulfur in with that unfortunately. He's not perfect, but he gets more right than wrong in my opinion. His focus on the kidneys, adrenals and lymphatic system ring true with me. I love his simplicity.

People like Dr. Robert Young are saying the same exact things as Dr. Morse, it's just their approaches and solutions are different. Dr. Young and most Hippocrates style practitioners are focused on the blood, and Dr. Morse is focused on the lymph. Both very important sides to the health of a cell.

It's much easier to clean up the blood though which is why the Hippocrates style diet gets quicker more noticeable results right away like clear skin and more energy. They don't dig deep into your sewer system right away, and it's a much slower and safer detox in my opinion. Dr. Morses way is for people who don't have time to wait. Stage 4 cancers, MS etc. He goes at it full steam. His approach digs deep into the lymphatic system where the core of disease lay, and pulls out the toxins often faster than the body can even get rid of them so unless you are really following his approach correctly with a personalized herbal protocol to open up your channels of elimination, you can experience a lot of detox side effects, and feel like you are getting worse. But you are tackling the core issues of disease so lasting health should be the result if you can handle the ride winking smiley

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 10, 2014 01:21AM

"It's much easier to clean up the blood though which is why the Hippocrates style diet gets quicker more noticeable results right away like clear skin and more energy. They don't dig deep into your sewer system right away, and it's a much slower and safer detox in my opinion. Dr. Morses way is for people who don't have time to wait. Stage 4 cancers, MS etc. He goes at it full steam. His approach digs deep into the lymphatic system where the core of disease lay, and pulls out the toxins often faster than the body can even get rid of them so unless you are really following his approach correctly with a personalized herbal protocol to open up your channels of elimination, you can experience a lot of detox side effects, and feel like you are getting worse. But you are tackling the core issues of disease so lasting health should be the result if you can handle the ride"

Hippocrates cures people from stage 4 cancers and other chronic diseases all the time.

Date: March 10, 2014 01:45AM

Never said they didn't winking smiley I just imagine Morse's way would be a bit faster when time is of the essence as fruits are more aggressive than vegetables. With all Hippocrates other treatments like infrared saunas and lymph drainage massage, hot cold treatments, colonics etc. I could be wrong. Morse says he gets a fair bit of people coming to him from Hippocrates though, still with their cancers. I don't know if it's true.

I'm not sure why, but I just pictured people at hippocrates sleeping in hyperbaric chambers with a wheatgrass I.V, cucumber slices all over their bodies and a colonic running all night lol. Sounds refreshing winking smiley

Date: March 10, 2014 05:44AM

Vegetable Police Wrote:
> Morse says he gets a fair bit of people
> coming to him from Hippocrates though, still with
> their cancers. I don't know if it's true.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is true. I think the reason why various people would fail is because many are SAD people on the brink of death who have been forced to go to HHI. Some probably go there thinking it will be a simple fix, but when they get there they are shocked when they learn how hardcore the lifestyle is compared to their SAD lives. They come to a rude awakening when they discover enemas, 100% raw food that consists of foul tasting grass juice and sprouts (in their eyes) and no fruit. Some of these people resent having to live like that, complain, resent the institute and resent having to be there. They are negative. How are people like that supposed to heal. Brian Clement reckons he knows straight away who will succeed by their attitude...people need to realise it is up to them and they need to take responsibility for their health, HHI can only teach them the lifestyle to lead to overcome the cancer. If they don't want to do the lifestyle they need to see somebody else, and l think that's why they see Dr Morse.

I don't like Dr Morses' form of healing, but l understand why he does his methods. If someone is sick, why not feed them the high phytochemical nutrition from the potent cancer fighting broccoli sprouts. I know he wants to fast them quickly on fruit (usually not fresh because it needs to be bought from a shop), but why starve them, why not take it slow and feed them properly for the first time in their lives.

I have read the negative comments on HHI. Most come across as negative children who delight in complaining and being negative. It's all about blaming HHI instead of taking a long hard look in the mirror at themselves. These people think HHI is one big joke...they miss the entire point. I think people go to Dr Morse because it holds more appeal - eating fruit sounds more fun than enemas, grass and living on plain sprouts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2014 05:49AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 10, 2014 04:34PM

..by the way, my blood type is AB

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 10, 2014 05:12PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> These people think HHI
> is one big joke...they miss the entire point. I
> think people go to Dr Morse because it holds more
> appeal - eating fruit sounds more fun than enemas,
> grass and living on plain sprouts.

I think you miss the point. The point is that fruit CURES cancer. Dr. Morse uses fruits where as HHI doesn't. The evidence is overwhelming and the following is just a sample of a few studies that link fruits with curing cancer.

[nutritionfacts.org]

"The bottomline is we can’t eat a standard Western diet and just add a few fruits and vegetables and expect to be cancer-proof. We have to fundamentally change our diets. "

[nutritionfacts.org]

"Black raspberries appear to selectively inhibit the growth of both malignant and premalignant cells in a petri dish while leaving normal cells alone, but what about in an actual person? Researchers at Ohio State University took some folks with precancerous growths in their mouths (so called oral “intraepithelial neoplasia”) and had them apply a black raspberry gel for 6 weeks."

[nutritionfacts.org]

" Six months of eating the equivalent of over a pound of fresh strawberries a day, and the progression of disease was reversed in 80 percent of the high dose strawberry treatment."

[nutritionfacts.org]

"The preliminary results from that study are actually pretty amazing, though. After nine months of treatment, half of their rectal polyps disappeared, Normally you have to go in and cut them out, but the berries made them just totally regress back into the body. But, don’t try this at home. They were stuffing so many raspberries up there 20% of the patients developed, rectal fissures. I will spare you the pictures. Therefore, the use of black raspberry suppositories for future trials is questionable.
I recommend just eating them—let them take the long way ‘round"

[nutritionfacts.org]

"They decided to use liver cancer for this study. If you drip water on these cancer cells as a control, nothing happens they start out powering away at 100% growth and they keep powering away at 100% growth. And pineapples, pears, and oranges don't do much better. Peaches start pulling away from the pack. At high peach concentrations, cancer cell proliferation drops about 10%, but bananas and grapefruits work about 4 times better, dropping cancer growth rates by about 40%. Red grapes, strawberries and apples do even better, cutting cancer cell growth up to half at only half the dose, but these two fruits are the winners, causing a dramatic drop in cancer proliferation at just tiny doses, lemons, and, cranberries. So if you look at the effective dose required to suppress liver cancer cell proliferation, apples are more powerful than bananas, but cranberries win the day. And there was no effective dose listed for orange, pear, and pineapple since they didn't appear to affect the cancer cell growth at all."

[nutritionfacts.org]

"There was a study, though, that showed a significant increase in natural killer cell activity thanks to the spice cardamom. Hmm, cardamom and blueberries—I never thought we'd be fighting cancer with blueberry muffins, but check this out: You take some lymphoma cells in a petri dish and you add cardamom and… nothing happens. If however you add some natural killer cells about 5% of the cancer cells are wiped out. But then you add a little cardamom and your troops do a little better, and then if you add more and more and all the sudden—same number of natural killer cells, but they're now able to kill off 10 times more cancer cells. And remember cardamom alone, even at the highest dose, had no effect on cancer cells, but it seemed to really enhance our NK cells' killer instincts."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2014 05:14PM by Panchito.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 10, 2014 05:26PM

Both fresh fruit and sprouts cure cancer and they both have their own unique phytochemicals. However, sprouts have more overall healing power than fruits when it comes to disease (not just cancer) and there are downsides to consuming a lot of sugar.

Date: March 10, 2014 11:31PM

Just one thing about teeth hurting. While I was at my worst, long age, and detoxing big time from mercury poisoning I had many major detox "events" which were like some sort of wave like seizing up going through me. These events were always preceded by a day or so of really bad teeth pain. Even many years later I still had times when teeth pain was almost unbearable and several years ago I had had it and went from dentist to dentist until I finally found one who would pull the upper ones out for me and give me dentures.

Guess what. I still have times when I get those torturous teeth pains even though those teeth are gone! I now think it is, and always was, from backpressure of the toxins ready to release back down the way they got in - through the teeth roots! Needless to say since I discovered this I am in no great hurry to have my lower teeth pulled. I just ride the painful teeth detox days out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2014 11:33PM by SueZ.

Posted by: ramanan ()
Date: March 11, 2014 12:51AM

Suez, I agree with you, detox happens through tooth, I have seen this with many patients in our clinic as well as the case of Vik.

Date: March 11, 2014 01:08AM

ramanan Wrote:
> Suez, I agree with you, detox happens through
> tooth, I have seen this with many patients in our
> clinic as well as the case of Vik.

Thanks, Ramanan. I wish I had known that before I got them yanked, lol. Who knows, maybe by us talking about it here we can spare someone else from thinking they can end the hurting teeth problem by having them pulled to end the suffering.

Date: March 11, 2014 01:31AM

Vegetable Police Wrote:
> Hi SueZ winking smiley Thanks! I enjoy your posts as well.

Thanks, Vegetable Police!
It's good to know someone does to offset the haters.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 11, 2014 04:04AM

who is dr. morse and what is his perspective exactly
( first name for dr. morse?)

it does sound like a sound approach to balance the lymphatic and adrenal system

a 360 approach is always good

why is he against sulfur

i consider sulfur a very fine friend smiling smiley

Date: March 11, 2014 04:33AM

la_veronique Wrote:
> who is dr. morse and what is his perspective
> exactly
> ( first name for dr. morse?)
>
> it does sound like a sound approach to balance
> the lymphatic and adrenal system

Here is part 1 of his "The Great Lymphatic System" which aside from his iridology videos is my favorite series of his offerings...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 11, 2014 07:14PM

SueZ Wrote:
> Just one thing about teeth hurting. While I was at
> my worst, long age, and detoxing big time from
> mercury poisoning I had many major detox "events"
> which were like some sort of wave like seizing up
> going through me. These events were always
> preceded by a day or so of really bad teeth pain.
> Even many years later I still had times when teeth
> pain was almost unbearable and several years ago I
> had had it and went from dentist to dentist until
> I finally found one who would pull the upper ones
> out for me and give me dentures.
>
> Guess what. I still have times when I get
> those torturous teeth pains even though those
> teeth are gone! I now think it is, and always was,
> from backpressure of the toxins ready to release
> back down the way they got in - through the teeth
> roots! Needless to say since I discovered this I
> am in no great hurry to have my lower teeth
> pulled. I just ride the painful teeth detox days
> out.

It's interesting how a little bit of fruit will cause teeth pain, yet when l do large amounts of green juice or distilled water l get no such symptoms. Could it be that the fruit is targeting certain areas in more concentration (hence detox near the teeth) or could it really be the sugars and fruit acids causing the problem? It's hard to really know.

Date: March 11, 2014 08:05PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just one thing about teeth hurting. While I was
> at
> > my worst, long age, and detoxing big time from
> > mercury poisoning I had many major detox
> "events"
> > which were like some sort of wave like seizing
> up
> > going through me. These events were always
> > preceded by a day or so of really bad teeth
> pain.
> > Even many years later I still had times when
> teeth
> > pain was almost unbearable and several years ago
> I
> > had had it and went from dentist to dentist
> until
> > I finally found one who would pull the upper
> ones
> > out for me and give me dentures.
> >
> > Guess what. I still have times when I get
> > those torturous teeth pains even though those
> > teeth are gone! I now think it is, and always
> was,
> > from backpressure of the toxins ready to
> release
> > back down the way they got in - through the
> teeth
> > roots! Needless to say since I discovered this
> I
> > am in no great hurry to have my lower teeth
> > pulled. I just ride the painful teeth detox
> days
> > out.
>
>
> It's interesting how a little bit of fruit will
> cause teeth pain, yet when l do large amounts of
> green juice or distilled water l get no such
> symptoms. Could it be that the fruit is targeting
> certain areas in more concentration (hence detox
> near the teeth) or could it really be the sugars
> and fruit acids causing the problem? It's hard to
> really know.

If your teeth hurt immediately after consuming fruit you probably have cavities that need attending to or if you have amalgam fillings they could be reacting to the fruit's acids. In that case the saliva electrolytes can connect these various factors and turn your mouth into a battery of sorts.

The pain I'm talking about is from detoxing and doesn't correlate to when I eat or drink.

Date: March 11, 2014 08:21PM

SueZ Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> -----
> > SueZ Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Just one thing about teeth hurting. While I
> was
> > at
> > > my worst, long age, and detoxing big time
> from
> > > mercury poisoning I had many major detox
> > "events"
> > > which were like some sort of wave like
> seizing
> > up
> > > going through me. These events were always
> > > preceded by a day or so of really bad teeth
> > pain.
> > > Even many years later I still had times when
> > teeth
> > > pain was almost unbearable and several years
> ago
> > I
> > > had had it and went from dentist to dentist
> > until
> > > I finally found one who would pull the upper
> > ones
> > > out for me and give me dentures.
> > >
> > > Guess what. I still have times when I get
> > > those torturous teeth pains even though those
> > > teeth are gone! I now think it is, and always
> > was,
> > > from backpressure of the toxins ready to
> > release
> > > back down the way they got in - through the
> > teeth
> > > roots! Needless to say since I discovered
> this
> > I
> > > am in no great hurry to have my lower teeth
> > > pulled. I just ride the painful teeth detox
> > days
> > > out.
> >
> >
> > It's interesting how a little bit of fruit will
> > cause teeth pain, yet when l do large amounts
> of
> > green juice or distilled water l get no such
> > symptoms. Could it be that the fruit is
> targeting
> > certain areas in more concentration (hence
> detox
> > near the teeth) or could it really be the
> sugars
> > and fruit acids causing the problem? It's hard
> to
> > really know.
>
> If your teeth hurt immediately after consuming
> fruit you probably have cavities that need
> attending to or if you have amalgam fillings they
> could be reacting to the fruit's acids. In that
> case the saliva electrolytes can connect these
> various factors and turn your mouth into a battery
> of sorts.
>
>
> The pain I'm talking about is from detoxing and
> doesn't correlate to when I eat or drink.

Interesting. Yes, l do feel l may have a cavity. It's such a pity we can't grow new teeth to replace old ones like alligators do.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 12, 2014 02:59AM

After I read the grape cure I got grapes tattoo on my arm. I LOVE THAT BOOK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 03:01AM by coconutcream.

Date: April 28, 2014 05:30AM

Here is the epilogue: I had planned to do one week on pure grapes, just to see if I could make it and how I would feel. I made it but not a day longer. I continued with 80% vegan and 20% vegetarian but pure grapes diet lasted only seven days. The reason? Well, I originally planned to do 7 days and probably had that planted in my brain. The second reason is that the only way one can do a grape diet is if he can find sweet, ripe grapes. Eating a lot of sour grapes is not a good feeling, even if they are semi-ripe. Next time I will try this will only be during the harvest, in an area where I can get fresh grapes (pick them would be the best). But, it is NOT HARD WHATSOEVER to go on a grape diet with sweet grapes! I don't know how body works but there is not a trace of sugar problem, nothing. Am I imunue to sugar? Possibly but when I used to eat chocolate or sugar at work I would be miserable. So, I don't think I am any different from other people. So, grapes, action and water - cure for everything!

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: April 28, 2014 08:11AM

sounds awesome rab! Good job!

david

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables