Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
I'm giving powerlifter a vacation
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 22, 2014 03:31AM

Many of powerlifter's recent post have been very anti raw foods and non vegan in nature. I'm suspending his account for a month or so, to give him some time to consider if he can follow the rules of the forum.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm giving powerlifter a vacation
Posted by: temp ()
Date: March 22, 2014 07:53AM

Hey Prana,

This is powerlifer, just make it a permanent vacation please. I should have left here a long time ago, but my desire to help others and others wanting me to stick around, forced my hand to stay or to come back several times.

Panchito pushed me 3 times for a response on sardines, i tried ignoring his requests, but it gets to the point that you can't have a conversation if your not answering people's responses.

Anyway peace out, im abit disappointed but none the less the forum was virtually ruined by the bullies and over-run by trolls anyway, no one comes here anymore. These guys can't even be civil whilst discussing vegan topics without wanting to fight, bully and insult each other all day.

Ill never be able to understand how someone can be considered "anti-raw or anti-vegan" when there one of the most passionate member's on the forum when it comes to researching and promoting the health benefits of plant foods. Also highly laughable when my diet is 80% based around plantfoods.

But yes i guess i don't subscribe to the 100% dogma and i like to inform newbies of the full picture about raw veganism, rather than lying to them. I guess discussing the researched pitfalls and deficiencies that come with a vegan diet is considered anti-vegan to the delicate petals around here. If B12 is low or deficient on these vegan diets, i will tell people that. I won't give them a huge baloney excuse about soil from the 1800's.

Perma ban the powerlifter account please Prana and i guess this one too. If giving an honest view on diet warrants a temporary ban then i don't want to be part of such a dishonest forum.

To the other members who ive enjoyed talking with over the years, you know where to get in touch and feel free to as always. My ear is always open for a chat and i won't start crying if you tell me your non-100% raw lol.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2014 08:05AM by temp.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 22, 2014 09:56AM

Thank you. I think the forum rules are clear, Prana. smiling smiley

Date: March 22, 2014 10:05AM

Utopian Life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you. I think the forum rules are clear,
> Prana. smiling smiley

Haha, what you mean the same rules which are constantly being breached by a number of members everyday. Those who get to spout their racist views and insult members daily and it takes prana 2 months to even give these people a warning.

Not Permitted on the boards:

* Foul language
* Rude, offensive, insulting or vulgar posts.
* Anything for sale or give away
* Asking for, or giving medical advice, or
* Requests for contributions
* Off topic posts, or posts not deemed proper for the category they are placed
* Slander of individuals or Organizations
* Advertisments of products, services or advertising of other web sites

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2014 10:08AM by temp.

Date: March 22, 2014 10:17AM

You didn't get a warning or banned for months and years. LOL!

And yet you still come here under a new account.

Date: March 22, 2014 10:19AM

I came back to ask prana to permanently ban me, if Prana had provided me some sort of email i would have just used that.

If he leaves my account open after 30 days time out, ill only be tempted to come back to debunk the absolutely massive levels of pseudo-science that is often posted here. So like i say please ban both.

That way people like JR, Panchito and yourself can sleep at night without thinking im giving my opinion on the short-comings and possible safety problems of a vegan diet. Cults.....

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2014 10:21AM by temp.

Date: March 22, 2014 10:21AM

See, and even with the new account, you can't stop spouting your contrary and anti- opinions and attempting to disparage other people. Go somewhere where you can respect others maybe?

Date: March 22, 2014 10:23AM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> See, and even with the new account, you can't stop
> spouting your contrary and anti- opinions and
> attempting to disparage other people. Go
> somewhere where you can respect others maybe?

I respect most around here and get respect in return. Just not the fanatics that can't handle contrary opinion and are too delicate to hear anything negative about their beloved vegan diets.

I get on well with the majority of the members on here and have done since ive got here. Minus fresh, panchito, yourself and of course the ring leader John Rose. Big loss, 4 of the biggest trolls on the forum, who have driven countless members away. Ive tried to be nice to these people and i rarely rise to their bait or insults.

You have to give respect to earn it.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2014 10:26AM by temp.

Date: March 22, 2014 10:26AM

"Just not the fanatics that can't handle contrary opinion and are too delicate to hear anything negative about their beloved vegan diets."

There you go again, saying "cults" (after which you will probably edit) and the above statement is WHY you are banned, not because you have an opinion different from others. You are snide and disrespectful.

Date: March 22, 2014 10:27AM

I hate to break it to you, but personal attacks are not tolerated on any forum. I am not friends with nor do I communicate with John Rose, the supposed ring leader, so I'm not sure where that came from.

Date: March 22, 2014 10:28AM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> "Just not the fanatics that can't handle contrary
> opinion and are too delicate to hear anything
> negative about their beloved vegan diets."
>
> There you go again, saying "cults" (after which
> you will probably edit) and the above statement is
> WHY you are banned, not because you have an
> opinion different from others. You are snide and
> disrespectful.

Veganism is reminiscent of a cult or a religious zealot faction in alot of ways. That is not meaning to be disrespectful, its just the way many outsiders perceive it.

Many raw vegans come over as elitist snobs and are none to welcoming to people who eat in a different way.

Do you think thats enticing or inspiring to people who want to go raw vegan from the outside ?

Date: March 22, 2014 10:30AM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> I hate to break it to you, but personal attacks
> are not tolerated on any forum. I am not friends
> with nor do I communicate with John Rose, the
> supposed ring leader, so I'm not sure where that
> came from.

I was suggesting you were of similar mentality to these members i.e quite zealot and intolerant of other opinion on diet.

I can sit for days privately and publically discussing diet with people like TSM who is raw vegan and even though we are miles away on our opinions, we can still respect and be nice to each other.

It was the same for the majority of other members, tamukha, paul, jodi, kidraw, suncloud and so on. You can have a discussion and different opinion without worrying these people are going to throw their toys out of the pram and start insulting you.

The zealotism is what puts people off raw veganism, but you guys will never understand that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2014 10:31AM by temp.

Date: March 22, 2014 10:30AM

If you don't see the difference between a post saying "you are violating the forum rules" and a post calling someone a "zealot" or a "fanatic" and calling the whole intent of the forum "dogma" I don't see how anyone can help ya. But good luck, PL. smiling smiley

Date: March 22, 2014 10:31AM

temp Wrote:
start insulting
> you.

Huh. Interesting.

Date: March 22, 2014 10:33AM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> temp Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> start insulting
> > you.
>
>
>
> Huh. Interesting.

Have you never viewed a typical thread with members like fresh or John Rose then ?. You don't get more than 2 replies without being told your an idiot or a fool or a psychopath, shill etc.

Its an absolutely ridiculous and impossible environment to have an adult conversation at most days.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2014 10:34AM by temp.

Date: March 22, 2014 10:34AM

you are supposed to use the "report" function, not engage in violating the rules yourself, when that happens.

Date: March 22, 2014 10:35AM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> If you don't see the difference between a post
> saying "you are violating the forum rules" and a
> post calling someone a "zealot" or a "fanatic" and
> calling the whole intent of the forum "dogma" I
> don't see how anyone can help ya. But good luck,
> PL. smiling smiley

What your failing to see is that im not calling everyone here zealot only the likes of you, fresh, panchito and JR. The crew that ruin the forum, i get PM's every second day people say there not coming back because of these members or scared to take part. What kind of forum environment is prana cultivating when people are saying there scared to be honest about what they eat. Its a joke.

The rest of the members like i said are open-minded to others views, even if they don't agree or resonate with them, which naturally they often don't. Just as im open to their views.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2014 10:41AM by temp.

Date: March 22, 2014 10:38AM

temp Wrote:
> Utopian Life Wrote:
> -----
> > If you don't see the difference between a post
> > saying "you are violating the forum rules" and
> a
> > post calling someone a "zealot" or a "fanatic"
> and
> > calling the whole intent of the forum "dogma" I
> > don't see how anyone can help ya. But good
> luck,
> > PL. smiling smiley
>
> What your failing to see is that im not calling
> everyone here zealot only you, fresh, panchito and
> JR.
>
> The rest of the members like i said are
> open-minded to others views, even if they don't
> agree or resonate with them. Just as im open to
> their views.

--
yes, i said "someone" not "everyone" and you don't have to call 100 members a zealot a name to be banned typically; just one is enough. lol
thank you for demonstrating the point.

and no, it doesn't bother me, as you seem to want it to, that you think i'm a zealot or hard to talk to.

as anyone viewing this conversation can see.....exactly why you are banned.
and going out in full style as usual.

something has upset you on this forum and/or in your life, go do some yoga or take a walk and eat some veggies. geez.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 22, 2014 01:28PM

temp Wrote:
> Utopian Life Wrote:
> -----
> > If you don't see the difference between a post
> > saying "you are violating the forum rules" and
> a
> > post calling someone a "zealot" or a "fanatic"
> and
> > calling the whole intent of the forum "dogma" I
> > don't see how anyone can help ya. But good
> luck,
> > PL. smiling smiley
>
> What your failing to see is that im not calling
> everyone here zealot only the likes of you, fresh,
> panchito and JR. The crew that ruin the forum, i
> get PM's every second day people say there not
> coming back because of these members or scared to
> take part. What kind of forum environment is prana
> cultivating when people are saying there scared to
> be honest about what they eat. Its a joke.
>
> The rest of the members like i said are
> open-minded to others views, even if they don't
> agree or resonate with them, which naturally they
> often don't. Just as im open to their views.

I have enjoyed you being here and will miss you, Powerlifter. Even though you don't think being raw vegan is possible yet for you I have hopes that one day you will give a different version of it another try.

On a personal note you have been way more opened minded and tolerant than most raw fruit based vegans here have been toward a variation of the diet that they disapprove of regardless of their own glaring failures staring them in their mirrors every morning. It's crazy that what I'm doing gets more support from the general public, friends, and family in my life than it does on a web site set up to support the raw vegan lifestyle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2014 01:29PM by SueZ.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: March 22, 2014 05:27PM

Seriously, Prana. You expel someone for talking about cooked food, but allow and even particpate in the neo-Nazi cult threads. Sick.

It's OK to regularly spew venom toward individuals on this board; support genocide; repeatedly violate the no politics, no religion rules; make unfounded pseudo-scientifc claims; and berate and demand explusion for anyone who questions what you've said even remotely.

Prana, you've lost your way, and you really don't have a clue why so many people don't particpate in this forum more.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 22, 2014 06:18PM

The message from powerlifter is not that cooked food is better but that we cannot succeed in being vegan and he keep pounding on that. that is a problem.
We should be tolerant of other people choices even if we thing it is wrong.

Date: March 22, 2014 06:28PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> The message from powerlifter is not that cooked
> food is better but that we cannot succeed in being
> vegan and he keep pounding on that. that is a
> problem.
> We should be tolerant of other people choices even
> if we thing it is wrong.

I wouldn't mind hearing you say that, if you were a 100% raw vegan yourself RP, but you were just on here yesterday admitting to drinking goats milk, eating cooked foods and not being 100% raw either. Having cooked food at social events because it was of cultural and social importance to you.

The only difference is i don't make 100 excuses why im not 100% raw or vegan, i tell the truth, which is that strict veganism wasn't a workable diet for me. By the looks of it, its the same for many of you. Yet you continue to believe in a fable. I can't tell if you were trolling but straight after posting that you drink milk, you posted GO VEGAN, VEGAN FOR PRESIDENT in another thread i mean ?

Essentially Prana banning me is a message to others saying you have to believe in the 100% raw mantra and vegan ideology or else your gone. Recommending a healthy balance of plant foods is not accepted on the forum. So in the end you have a forum where people are more comfortable discussing via PM there real health status and what kind of diet they really eat.

Its a shame that people have to sneak and hide privately to discuss what there really eating, but its the environment that Prana wants to cultivate aswell as letting the trolls flourish. Rep-remands me but lets John Rose insult everyone for months on end, not to mention the constant racism which i see others have noticed too.

Suez i will miss you and many others also, Veghunter thanks that others can see this.

Peace

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2014 06:38PM by temp.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 22, 2014 07:15PM

So if a person says something positive about veganism they need to be vegan?

They cant be a vegan aspirant, they cant ever have eaten any animal products, they cant be a person doing their best in this world...

and a person who says all raw is the best for them but is not necessarily
all raw 365 days a year, that person is wrong also to say anything positive about raw diet?

you are a sad obsessive hypocrite powerlifter.

and you will never see this.

Date: March 22, 2014 08:19PM

fresh Wrote:
> you are a sad obsessive hypocrite powerlifter.
>
> and you will never see this.

I have been through too much in life with poor health in the past to give a damn about what a little abusive troll like you thinks of me fresh.

Ever tried looking in the mirror ?

Date: March 22, 2014 08:30PM

As usual you dont address my comments, just complaining, after being banned.

Date: March 22, 2014 08:35PM

Well the fact that there are a number of people who are supportive, shows that it was a tad harsh considering how many others breach the rules daily including yourself. But whatever like my original post in this thread i didn't have any hard feelings towards Prana and wasn't hostile.

I just wanted prana to make it a permanent vacation rather than the temporary 30 days or so. Or id just be tempted to come back, once my vacation was up. And for me this is it, i don't want to be part of this place anymore. Its not an honest platform to discuss health and far too hostile to be worth the effort. The site has all the potential in the world to be a great place to discuss plant foods, but in the end due to a lack of modding and dogma its a dying forum with about 6 regular members.

Im glad Prana has given me the push to leave, as this place is a completely toxic environment full of hate. Id have likely wasted another year of my life on here, trying to help people but taking the hit to my own health with the stress that comes with taking part on this type of forum.

Its not healthy that's for sure.

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2014 08:49PM by temp.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 22, 2014 08:51PM

If you get stressed from posting on a message board, you may need to address other areas of your life or health.

Date: March 22, 2014 09:04PM

Its not stress, its all that cooked food youre eating

;-)

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 22, 2014 09:08PM

fresh Wrote:
> Its not stress, its all that cooked food youre
> eating
>
> ;-)

Tell me. How did you get to be such a dick?

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 22, 2014 09:20PM

temp Wrote:
>
> I come away every night and think what was the
> point of posting there at all, i could be doing
> 100 things for myself rather than sitting writing
> essays worth of information that may help some
> random persons get the right help they need, but
> its at the expense of being insulted, ganged upon,
> all the stupid childish fighting daily on here.

There is the story of the little boy who helped blind men cross the road.
One day he came home very frustrated.
What is the matter today his parents asked.
I wanted to help them so much but no one wanted to cross the road today he replied.

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables