Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Advice to new "Fruitarians"
Date: December 01, 2006 09:02PM

I've noticed that there's been an influx of people here calling themselves Fruitarians lately....and by reading the posts I'm really not sure if these people actually know what they are doing....so I figured I would share some advice....

Fruitarianism (a diet consisting of mostly if not all fruits) is not something to mess with...fruits are very cleansing and will give you a hard ride interms of detox symptoms, due to the cleansing nature of fruits your detox symptom will be real intense so it's important to research and get prepared so you don't go off at the deep end.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to Fruitarianism unless they have experianced in strict 100% Raw Veganism for at least 3-7 years or if they are naturally drawn to the lifestyle are fully aware of what to expect because they have fully researched detoxification and Fruitarianism.

I've seen too many people get overwhelmed by jumping into Fruitarianism because they fell in love with the concept only to quit when the going got tough...or proceed to bash the lifestyle because they confused illness with detox symptoms.

My advice would be to stick with heavier raw foods and master going 100% before even thinking about going fruitarian....I was naturally drawn to fruitarianism and I got my butt kicked real hard when I first started and I had ample chance to say that Fruitarianism didn't work for me or that I got sick but I kept on and weathered the storm but it took many, many years of adjustment!

Another piece of advice would be to quit asking strangers what you should and should not eat....learn for yourself what works for you and what doesn't, eat whatever rawfoods you like to beging with then as the years go by let your body guide you from there.

One of the best sites on Fruitarianism is the one www.fruitarian.com it will give you all the info you need.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Advice to new "Fruitarians"
Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: December 01, 2006 09:04PM

Great advice!

Posted by: jamied1217 ()
Date: December 01, 2006 09:38PM

well i disagree with you the "fritarian" one.

When you start something new, especially a diet, I think its ok to ask for advice.

I have been raw for 3 months and I am still unsure for what my body is begging for.

Love you,
Jamie smiling smiley

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: December 01, 2006 10:01PM

Hey Jamie,

what TF1 is saying isn't "don't ask for advice", please do that, what (I think) he is saying is "don't ask what you should and shouldn't eat".

Think of as moving to a new country and voting. Do you ask "who should I vote for?" and blindly vote for whoever you're told to vote for, or do you ask "what does this person stand for and why should I vote for them", the vote for the person who best suits your needs.

So many people are showing up on this forum and saying, "hey, what should I be eating", some self proclaimed "raw guru" says stuff like you should only eat this, this and this, don't eat the other stuff it's rotten or poison or cancer causing or some other made up BS, then people blindly follow the advice. These people don't know what is best for you, nor do they really have your best interests at heart. They are not being 'bad', they believe what works for them will work for all and they are doing everybody a favour by convicing them (normally with false science) to follow their path. It seems many of the people who come here and start off as a strict fruitirian have lots of problems/issues and fall off the wagon or give up on raw foods.

I cannot understand why anybody would start on the raw foods path as a mono eating fruitarian, I'm sure it works for some, but if you don't explore the full range of raw foods, then I don't think you'll ever really learn/know enough to be successful at the harder diets like mono eating fruitarian.

If you're new to raw foods, you can eat ***anything***, it doesn't matter, whatever you eat that's raw is going to be healthier than what you where eating. Enjoy everything, explore the diet, eat lots of different stuff, eventually you'll start to find your path in raw foods, it might gourmet foods, it might be mono eating fruit, it might be leafy greens, it might 100% raw fermented foods(!).

Cheers,
Ian.

Date: December 01, 2006 10:08PM

Nice one sodoffsocks....thanks for making my post clearer....

Yess what I meant was....explore what works for you....when you ask other people for advice your probably gonna get advice based on their experience, you need advice bvased on YOUR OWN experiences!

Going mono fruitarian is for the more experienced individuals....not for the beginner!

Date: December 01, 2006 10:18PM

jamied1217....go on other raw forums and tell people you wanna be a fruitarian and see what advise you get!

Chances are your gonna get dissed and get a load of negative info/advice!!!

So does that mean you listen and quit?

Or does that mean you carry on regardless and live the life and learn for yourself?

What I'm trying to say is...don't be dependant on other peoples advice/experience, if I listened to all the advice I got I would have quit a long time ago!

You've been raw 3 months and you've got a heck of a lot more cleansing to do before you get to know what your body is begging for and that only comes with time, experience and cleansing...as you cleanse the easier it will be to know what your body needs.

Peace!

F1

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2006 10:23PM by The Fruitarian One.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 02, 2006 01:50AM

Hi F1,

What book best describes the fruitarian lifestyle?

Date: December 03, 2006 04:19AM

I personaly think that if done right the raw/fruitarian lifestyle is too personal to pin down...

I also personaly believe that the best book that would best describe the fruitarian lifestyle is any book on breatharianism....

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: December 04, 2006 09:33AM

Some good points made here. I have switched my diet over to a higher fruit diet recently and it is working out really well, when I was more of "General Rawfoodist" I was always struggling to maintain my diet.
Since going over to fruit, I have found that I feel better, my skin has cleared up really fast (I have been suffering from acne for years).
Haven't really suffered any detox symptoms, but I did do the Master Cleanser earlier this year so perhaps that helped.

I can imagine the ride going from SAD to Fruitarian would be very rough.

I don't know if my diet now is technically Fruitarian by anyones definition, I haven't even called myself Fruitarian. I just know that what I am doing is working for me.

I am doing about 70% - 75% Fruit, lots of green leaves, a few above ground vegetables, a few seeds and nuts, a few sprouts, very few legumes.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 04, 2006 10:41AM

I have been raw 4.6 years and mostly fruitarian 1 year.

I slip up some times , eat salads and raw vegan stuff...but only this past month.. like I am sure we all do .

I am glad to find fruitarian boards , people and sites..It gets me back on track and inspired. I am on all the fruitarian boards I know of, even trying to read german and if there are some I do not know please send me link. It is the easiest and hardest thing to do.. but the best, I think.

And Kudos to you fruitarian one, I saw your you tube videos! is that you doing, "fruitarian workout?"

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2006 10:45AM by coconutcream.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables