Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

wheatgrass
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 02, 2006 04:35AM

Hi,

I've been having wheatgrass (blended) for the past many months now. For the past wo weeks I have been juicing it, and over the past few days (3 or 4) I have been feeling intensely nauseous while drinking it. Any ideas about why this might be, or any remedies? Is there anything that it can be blended with to reduce this - or alternatively are there things one must not have in case it combines poorly?

All suggestions would be very welcome!

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wheatgrass
Date: December 03, 2006 12:09AM

Are you growing it yourself and does it has mold? [www.cityfarmer.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2006 12:11AM by djatchi.

Date: December 03, 2006 03:10AM

I have been buying it - and I can't really see any mould - and I have been washing it quite well before juicing it, but yes, I did think of phoning and checking with them about all these things. I was growing my own earlier but it just wasn't sufficient, and when I initially started with the commercial wheatgrass, it seemed to work really well.I was actually feeling much better for having the juice than the blend that I could manage earlier (because the quantities were too small)....I feel awful as I really like the juice.

Date: December 03, 2006 05:47AM

One way to make to it easier to drink is to mix it with barley grass juice which is bitter. If you are not growing your own then it may be difficult to get commercial barley grass juice. One thing you can try is to mix it with dandelion green juice to reduce the sweetness. That is particularly true for those who may have blood sugar problems [www.grainmills.com.au] .

Date: December 03, 2006 11:29AM

I have never tried sprouting barley - is it done the same way? I could try that I guess....Maybe I should just dilute the wheatgrass juice with water and see how that works?

Date: December 03, 2006 01:16PM

Barley grass is grown exactly the same way is wheatgrass although it does not grow as well. Try mixing it with other bitter juice such as collard green or dandelion green juice.

Date: December 04, 2006 02:20AM

Thanks, will try that....

Posted by: mtnkathy ()
Date: December 05, 2006 09:13PM

Your hydrochloric acid level in the stomach could be low. You can have a doctor test it. I am not sure why it would suddenly happen, but it could be a cause. You could try adding 1 HCL tablet and see what happens with your wheatgrass. If you don't feel to "acidic" by experiencing a burning sensation, then try 2, and up to 4.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables