Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Newbie Raw Worries
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: December 02, 2006 11:02PM

Hi,
I'm fast moving from green smoothies to all raw 60/40 fruits vs veggies. Some people posting here describe unpleasant experiences when they are raw for a while and then eat a cooked meal. Does this mean if I eat raw faithfully for a month or two straight I can get ill if I innocently eat say a slice of Pizza or some mashed potatoes some night? (Sounds like fruitarian bad Karma in a way LOL).

Also, I understand that I must tune in to what I like and am doing just that and am relaxing more about what I eat but I have seen the odd post by really keen people like me who end up with nutritional deficiencies down the line. Is there any way I can ensure I've got my bases covered?
I realize there are no guarantees after 50 years of eating cooked but would like to know what to watch out for. Also what's a good book for me? There are a lot out there.

Most Grateful,
Dulset

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie Raw Worries
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 02, 2006 11:29PM

Use the pantry at nutritiondata.com to track your micronutrient intakes. If you chose foods that meet them your likelihood of success in the long term is significantly increased. Some people choose pretty well without it but most people don't.

You won't undo the good you do with an occasional cooked vegetable meal especially if it's a whole foods, non-fried meal.

That kind of all or nothing thinking doesn't have a sound science behind it.

Your 60/40 figure must be by weight or volume, not kcals. If you examined the kcals it's probably more like 40% or more fat sources, 40% or more fruit sources, 20% or less vegetable sources (with 10% or less more likely).

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables