Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

To stay healthy, eat an onion a day
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 31, 2014 02:34AM

[www.foxnews.com]

Onion is a super food.

You can ferment onions

[fermup.com]

Cure for grey hair
[greenyatrablog.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: To stay healthy, eat an onion a day
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 31, 2014 02:48AM

shallots are better (wild ancient onions). scallions are way better too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2014 02:52AM by Panchito.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 31, 2014 03:30AM

I dehydrate onions and garlic and they taste great like that for adding to recipes along with raw onions and garlic for more of a roasted flavor without having to cook them. Just slice them up thinly in a food processor. It only takes a minute or two to prep a whole bag of onions this way. Once they are dehydrated you can powder some of the batch, too.

Caution though! When you dehydrate onions don't do it inside your house because the smell is way too strong for that. Take your dehydrator outside when the wind is blowing away from your's and your neighbor's houses preferably on a dry day.

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: March 31, 2014 04:34AM

Tanks SueZ
You have so many good recipes.
Very practical approach to food.

I do not like my neighbors so this will work fine to have the wind blowing on their house.

In onion we have a local food being a super food.

You do not to wait for nuts from Brazil or berries from Tibet

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2014 04:37AM by CommonSenseRaw.

Posted by: close2raw ()
Date: September 06, 2014 04:17AM

To get the most benefit from raw onion, should it be eaten immediately after cutting, or should it as I have heard let sit for a half hour to an hour for reasons that have to do with sulforaphane?

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: September 06, 2014 05:11PM

Gabriel Cousens banned onions from the TRee of Life, and I remember this one raw vegan fruitarian guy ( We snuck over to Mexico and I forgot my id and his car was towed by Mexican city and we were stuck, paid 100$ tip to get the car --and once his tooth fell out on the floor when we were in the kitchen juicing lemons) anyways, he snuck in onions and made raw vegan onion bagels and they were a hit and Gabriel was SO MAD.

I am a raw vegan who yes, eats onions, so if you want to attack me go ahead. I love them in guacamole and some rings in my salads. I have made raw onion bread, Matt Amsden recipe, and I love those. I love the taste of onions and flax. If I feel hungry they fill me up.

I watch fox news too sometimes. The article said nothing I did not know and is very short. Just to eat onion a day.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: September 08, 2014 10:04AM

Why did Gabriel Cousens ban onions from the TRee of Life?

Date: September 08, 2014 03:09PM

He says it messes up with the vata pitta thing he believes in. About how we are all- individually four essences or something. I never understood it. ALso, its bad for meditation.

ANd twice a day, sunrise and sunset, we all meditated, and onions screw up your mojo or something.

DOnt ask me. I dont know that is my understanding on the ban of onions and garlic there.

THEre you go RP, all I know. I have put up with a lot of weird stuff in the raw food movement. I try to learn and be open minded, maybe it is true..who knows.

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: September 08, 2014 05:22PM

It seems that the main reason for avoiding garlic and onion is the smell they give
which is disturbing to others during group meditation
Interesting

"Food items prepared mixing with Garlic and onion give off profound smell that would impair Deity worship, effectively disturb the sadhaka from performing his rituals.

Many Hindu homes avoid using Garlic and onion on in their food item on Ekadasi/ Dwadasi and other pooja days. Imagine that you are doing a daily prayer and if the neighbor cooks Karuvadu (dry fish) mixed with garlic and onion, the odor coming out from cooking would become unbearable for you to concentrate on your daily prayer.

Temple Prasadams never contain Garlic or onion.
In the temples where there is a crowd, some bad smell may emanate from someone; this will surely disturb meditating on the deity. To nullify the effect of bad odor, we find Scented Dhoops, Samprani, Camphor are lighted.

Reiki practitioners explain that garlic and onions are among the first substances to be expelled from a person’s system – along with tobacco, alcohol and pharmaceutical medications. "

[in.answers.yahoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2014 05:31PM by CommonSenseRaw.

Date: September 08, 2014 08:43PM

Well, thats how holy being at the Tree of Life is. For Realz. DId you know once an hour, all day long, every hour the workers who pay to work there, hold hands and pray to a different angel? And when we meditate, for an hour twice a day, gabriel walks around and gently touches your third eye. To activate the kundalini? So yes, Onions would be very not heavenly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2014 08:45PM by coconutcream.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables