Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Losing Too Much Weight…
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: April 02, 2014 12:20PM

A common complaint I get from my students is that most of their friends and family say that they are starting to look too thin. Isn’t it sad that we live in a world where most people are so UNHEALTHY that HEALTHY people are perceived as UNHEALTHY?!?!?!

For those who are concerned about looking too thin, here is my File Preview from Losing Too Much Weight:

…File Preview…
• If you're concerned about losing too much weight, I like what Stanley Burroughs said, "For those who are underweight and worried about losing more weight, REMEMBER, the only things you can possibly lose are mucus, waste, and disease. Healthy tissue will not be eliminated. Many people who need to gain weight actually do so near the end of the diet period." Unfortunately, Burroughs did not understand how to fill up the carbohydrate fuel tank, so his recommendations are too low.
• “Dr. I-Min Lee, of the Harvard School of Public Health, said her twenty-seven-year study of 19,297 men found there was no such thing as being too thin. (Obviously, it is possible to be too thin; however, it is uncommon and usually called anorexia, but that is not the subject of this book.) Among men who never smoked, the lowest mortality occurred in the lightest fifth. Those who were in the thinnest 20 percent in the early 1960s were two and a half times less likely to have died of cardiovascular disease by 1988 than those in the heaviest fifth. Overall, the thinnest were two–thirds more likely to be alive in 1988 than the heaviest. Lee stated, ‘We observed a direct relationship between body weight and mortality. By that I mean that the thinnest fifth of men experienced the lowest mortality, and mortality increased progressively with heavier and heavier weight.’ The point is not to judge your ideal weight by traditional weight-loss tables, which are based on American's overweight averages. After carefully examining the twenty-five major studies available on the subject, I have found that the evidence indicates that optimal weight, as determined by who lives the longest, occurs at weights at least 10 percent below the average body-weight tables.”
• “As almost everyone is overweight, many people think they are too thin when they have reached their best weight. You are not the judge of your ideal; your body is. As almost everyone is overweight, many people think they are too thin when they have reached their best weight. I have many patients who, after following my plan to reverse diabetes or heart disease, report, ‘Everyone tells me I look too thin now.’ I then measure their periumbilical fat and check their percentage of body fat, and usually show them that they are still not thin enough.”
• A person is like a dirty fat sponge. The body squeezes out the dirt and the body shrinks, but when the cleaning is done the body goes back to the size it should be - just like the sponge. Your body is self-healing and self-regulating when you treat it right. Eventually your weight will stabilize and it probably will be less than the SAD charts.
• Paul's book gave the wonderful example of the toxic body compared to a dirty sponge. When you squeeze the dirt out the sponge gets small, but when it is clean it goes back to its normal size. The body does the same thing. The body will go back to its correct size after detoxing, but will not be as heavy as the SAD charts because the colon is not full of fecal matter and the cells aren't weighed down with toxins.
• I have met Juliano in person, and he looks very healthy to me. Not to mention, he if full of energy and enthusiasm. Most people in this country would look very thin if they lost the volumes of fat that they have on their bodies, i.e. they are also "walking skeletons" that happen to be covered by layers of fat, i.e. they have about the same amount of muscle tissue as the skeletal raw fooders.
• In Food Revolution, John Robbins tells how he met someone who was vegan and thought the person looked too thin, weak and unhealthy...it turns out he was a triathlete! He points out that this is what our society is doing, making us think people who are thin must somehow be weak, we are so used to seeing overweight people that it has distorted our images of what is fat/thin!
• ...when you go raw that makes you lose instant weight. You can lose 10 to 15 pounds within a month after going raw without losing body mass. This is because your colon is emptying out buckets of sludge because raw foods move right through you cleaning out the debris in the intestines.
• CATABOLISM - ELIMINATION Wastes are dis-carded more rapidly than new tissue is made from the new food. This becomes evident as weight loss.
• STABILIZATION This persists for a while and is then followed by the second phase - called stabilization. Here the weight remains more or less stable. During this phase, the amount of waste material being discarded daily is equal to the amount of tissue which is being formed and replaced by the newer, more vital food. This occurs after the excess of obstructing material in the tissues has been removed.
• ANABOLISM - BUILDUP This state persists for a while and is then followed by a third phase - a build- up period called anabolism, wherein weight starts to go up, even though the diet is lower in calories than it was before. At this point, much or more of the interferring wastes have already been discarded.
• The higher the percentage of raw food one lives on, the slower the rate of tissue deterioration which one evolves into. A sick body requires a gradual carefully worked-out entry into this stage, where one is able to live on a 100% unfired (raw) diet.
• I was really skinny for about 10 months before I started getting back up to a "normal" weight.
• A healthy person will always look thin compared to an average person. ...what other people say, do, think etc. really is not that important to you. ...there are no fat old people, and that the average person is grossly fat. So when you compare yourself, compare yourself to the best. World class athletes and the like.
• Yes, I got down to 99 lbs and then went up to whatever I am now 120 or something -- am not sure. I didn't do enough exercise when I first went raw so just was skin and bones after a while. Now I *look* healthy, as well as feeling it.
• Yes, it started happening when I finally got myself into some muscle-building excercise that I enjoy.
• Before I went 100% raw (1.5 years ago) I weighed about 156. I detoxed all the way down to 121. I have since gained back weight am at 143. I ate less when I gained the weight than I did losing it.
• I am 43 years old and at age 19 weighed 172lbs. I went down to 140lbs at age 22. And then 127lbs at age 25. Stayed at that weight until 3 years ago when I went on a 60 percent raw food diet. Went down to 110lbs. I just went through the Hippocrates Program and really did a thorough cleansing and went down to 99lbs. I really feel that I detoxed all the way. I didn't think that i could lose any more weight. In the past month I am back up to 110lbs.
• When thin people tell me that they do not want to lose any more weight, I try to help them understand that we do not want to lose any healthy weight, but that we do want to (1) reduce their current waste matter and (2) eliminate all of their accumulated waste matter.
• Current waste matter is inevitable and is healthy, but most of us are eating foods that take 2 to 6 times too long to go through our 30 foot food tube. If we use an average of 4, then that means we will have 4 times as much current waste matter. This is additional weight that is not healthy...this excess of waste matter is the most dangerous component of weight that we have because this filth leads to accumulated morbid matter and autointoxication. This cesspool in our intestines and the intercellular pollution that it creates throughout our bodies are responsible for so many of our unpleasant symptoms, which are many times referred to as dis-eases. These dis-eases are nothing but warning signs trying to tell us that we are making a mistake and all mistakes have side-effects...you know, like drugs.
• When people say to me that they got so skinny on the raw food diet, I can only smile and say, "You have probably always been skinny, you just couldn't tell because you were fat, too. Congratulations on losing the fat, for it was only then that you noticed how undermuscled you are."
…End of File Preview…

Peace and Love..........John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Losing Too Much Weight…
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 02, 2014 03:07PM

Keeping a daily calorie diary can help people achieve & maintain their target weight by having a daily calorie target.

[cronometer.com]

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 02, 2014 04:18PM

John, I have never thought that being underweight is unhealthy in and of itself. I just don't think it looks good.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 02, 2014 04:48PM

weights and looks can be misleading. I look very thin but I weight +180 lbs (5-11 height). The fat you need to worry about is the belly fat (that gives you an indication of organs fat). If you got a belly, then you need to shrink more. Then you'll feel great. People should pinch their stomach area instead of using weight as an indicator of health.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 04:49PM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables