Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

book: Eating on the Wild Side
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 03, 2014 01:56AM

Not a raw or vegan book but raw fooders could expand some of their knowledge when selecting fruits and vegs at the supermarket.

book: [www.amazon.com]

Radio interview: [www.npr.org]

short vid: [www.youtube.com]

longer vid: [www.youtube.com]

Re: book: Eating on the Wild Side
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: April 03, 2014 03:22AM

Thanks for that, I love info on wild foods. I always thought it was kind of funny that OUR natural diet doesn't seem to exist in the wild. Are WE supposed to tend and plant the Paradise as part of OUR gig of being human?

No carrots, no romaine lettuce, no grains or potatoes for the "raw till 4" crowd...

Another very interesting book is "Tending the Wild". It's about the California Native Americans and how they tended the state like a large wild garden with intentional planting, controlled burns etc. Their diet across the state was some 75% plant foods, though much of it cooked by necessity such as leeching acorns and the like.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 03, 2014 04:19AM

nunativs

<<Another very interesting book is "Tending the Wild". It's about the California Native Americans and how they tended the state like a large wild garden with intentional planting, controlled burns etc. Their diet across the state was some 75% plant foods, though much of it cooked by necessity such as leeching acorns and the like.>>

that does look interesting

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 04, 2014 01:44AM

I think some people still survive on foraging in south east Asia. They burnt the land and all that (thats good). But that only works when the population is low. Now that there is superpopulation things don't work that well.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: April 04, 2014 05:07AM

I tend to agree with you on that, but I also feel that with a combination of the older practices as illustrated and documented in that book along with widespread intentional Permaculture planting, WE could achieve an abundance of semi-permanent foodstuffs for ALL with little input of labor over time.

I live in California and have come across and witnessed wild growing fruits such as apples, pears, pomegranites, apricots, figs, walnuts etc. that shower down bushels of produce year after year WITHOUT ANY human labor, watering, fertilizing etc.

This isn't including naturally occuring wild foods such as Miners Lettuce, acorns, pine nuts and other crops utilized by the Native Americans traditionally...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables