Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Prana, I seem to be blocked from one thread?
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: April 12, 2014 07:53AM

I don't know why, but for some reason, I seem to be blocked from La Veronique's thread "Digestive Juices effect on Raw Enzymes..." I posted on the same thread once before, and it went through.

This hasn't happened before, so I was wondering if you have any idea about it or if anything can be done from my end. No problem though, if you're busy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Prana, I seem to be blocked from one thread?
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: April 12, 2014 12:48PM

suncloud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know why, but for some reason, I seem to
> be blocked from La Veronique's thread "Digestive
> Juices effect on Raw Enzymes..." I posted on the
> same thread once before, and it went through.
>
> This hasn't happened before, so I was wondering if
> you have any idea about it or if anything can be
> done from my end. No problem though, if you're
> busy.

Suncloud, you can post what you want to post in that thread here and I will copy it to the raw enzyme thread if you want me to. I just posted in the Enzyme thread so, so far, it's still working for me.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 13, 2014 12:03AM

Suncloud, there is no way to block a person from just one thread. It could be a bug in your browser. Try quitting the browser and restarting it. Or perhaps restart your computer. Or try emptying the cache, quitting and restarting.

Date: April 13, 2014 03:36AM

SueZ, Thanks for your kind offer! I think this might confuse other readers though - two threads with the same post/posts - so I'll pass for now. Very thoughtful of you though!

Thank you Prana! Unfortunately, I've restarted my computer several times with the same result: a window saying "Phorum Database Error" and then a bunch of gobbledygook. Today I tried emptying the cache, and there was no change.

Oh well! Thanks again anyway!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2014 03:39AM by suncloud.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 13, 2014 07:49AM

Download a different browser. Chrome, Maxthon, ...

Date: April 14, 2014 08:37AM

Hi RawPracticalist. Thanks for your suggestion. It sounded good, so I tried Chrome and Firefox. Same result.

Oh well.

Date: April 14, 2014 06:17PM

Thanks temp for your suggestion (see below)! I think I'll just start another thread, so no need for further work on Prana's part. It's probably something coming from my own computer, but just in case it's helpful for site maintenance, here's the message I get:

Phorum Database Error
Sorry, a Phorum database error occurred.
Please try again later!
Error:
Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' (1267): SELECT message_id FROM phorum_messages WHERE forum_id = 2 AND author ='suncloud' AND subject ='Re: Digestive Juices effect on RAw Enzymes from raw foods and bioavailability of nutrients in raw question' AND body ='I looked around for any studies that confirmed the presence of digestive leukocytosis. I did find one, but it was conducted by an enzyme supplement company – not the most reliable resource. Their findings suggested that the effect lasts only 90 minutes. Also, their study did not compare cooked food to raw food. It compared cooked food with enzyme supplements to cooked food without enzyme supplements.\r\n\r\n[www.wholefoodsmagazine.com]\r\n\r\n(My apologies if anyone has already posted that study)\r\n\r\nDr. Kouchakoff and Dr. Howell conducted their research early in the 1900s and were lacking much of the information we now have. It’s possible they were correct, but the science doesn’t appear to support their hypotheses, given what we now know about protein digestion (enzymes are proteins).\r\n \r\nTo me, the possibility of an effect from coenzymes derived from raw food vitamins is intriguing. For example:\r\n\r\nMany (but not all) B vitamins are destroyed by cooking. As a consequence of cooking we will have less B coenzymes available to help us turn our food into energy. Vitamin B coenzymes play crucial roles in energy metabolism as well as other body functions. \r\n\r\nB vitamins don\'t require metabolism in the mitochondria before they can be used as co-enzymes. In fact, it’s somewhat vice versa: Vitamin B co-enzymes are required by mitochondria for generating energy. \r\n\r\nEnergy is metabolized in mitochondria from glucose, lipids, and some amino acids. The process of converting B vitamins to the B coenzyme form is entirely different.\r\n\r\nFor example, thiamin (B1) exists in its free form in plants. The free form is absorbed into the small intestine, with no digestion (breakdown) required. It passes through the basolateral membrane of the small intestine into the blood stream, where ~90% of thiamin enters blood cells. From there, it is transferred to the liver, where thiamin is converted to its most prolific coenzyme form (TDP) by transfer of two P from ATP. Thiamin does not have to enter mitochondria to access ATP. \r\n\r\nTDP plays at least 2 vital roles related to how we process our foods:\r\n \r\n-Energy metabolism requires TDP. \r\n-Synthesis of NADPH for detoxification requires TDP.\r\n\r\nIn addition, thiamin is essential for membrane and nerve conduction in its noncoenzyme capacity.\r\n \r\nUnlike coenzymes, all enzymes – including plant enzymes – are proteins. No appreciable digestion (breakdown) of protein occurs in the mouth or esophagus. Protein digestion begins in the stomach with the action of HCl in gastric juice (which has a pH of 1-2: very acid). HCl denatures protein and destroys its function by breaking apart hydrogen and electrostatic bonds. Low pH in the stomach is also protective, since it inhibits the growth of many infectious microorganisms.\r\n \r\nReference: Gropper S, Smith J, Groff J. Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism. 5th Ed. 2009.\r\n\r\nIn conclusion, it could be that vitamin B coenzymes play at least some role in making the raw food/cooked food difference in how we feel after we eat.' AND datestamp > 1397495026
Backtrace:
Function phorum_database_error called at
{path to Phorum}/include/db/mysql/mysqli.php:212
----
Function phorum_db_interact called at
{path to Phorum}/include/db/mysql.php:920
----
Function phorum_db_post_message called at
{path to Phorum}/include/posting/action_post.php:149
----
Function include called at
{path to Phorum}/posting.php:592
----

Date: April 14, 2014 06:32PM

Hi temp. Thanks! I think you must be right. I just tried starting a new thread with it, and I got the same message.

I'll look through it and see if I can find anything unusual to take out.

Thanks again.

Date: April 14, 2014 06:40PM

You were right temp! I took out the "approximately" sign that I had in there. It's a little wavy line I used from a character map. Just one little wavy line causing all that trouble!

Sorry to be a bother, and thanks people for your help!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 16, 2014 12:26AM

suncloud

<<Just one little wavy line causing all that trouble!>>

sheesh! its always the little things that go by unnoticed that have monumental effects smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables