Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lyme Disease
Posted by: veganrawdude ()
Date: April 16, 2014 12:17AM

I've been having typical Lyme symptoms for a few weeks now. I'm going to schedule an appt. for the test(s), although from what I understand they are inconclusive anyway. Doing some online research on alternative treatmenst, I have discovered Ledum Palustre.

It is regulary used in the veterinary field for dogs, cats, horses and more. Many folks claim excellent results whan using it as their main treatment for Lyme. This intrigues me, as I regulary use Nux, Bryonia and several other remedies for occasional ailments I may have.

I.ve worked with a few people who have gone he standard medical route with lyme treatment, i.e. the various antibotics - and from what I've seen the treatment messes them up almost more than the disease.

One friend developed stomach ulcers, to which they put him on ulcer meds; another developed skin rashes which never went away. Not to mention the fluoride and other chemicals that are present in these drugs.

What do you guys think? Anyone on here with firsthand experiece with Lyme? Sucessful alternative treatments?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lyme Disease
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 16, 2014 12:23AM

veganrawdude

maybe check this thing out

[thesestatementshavenotbeenevaluatedbythefda.com]

Date: April 16, 2014 12:48AM

Thanks so much for that info. I have a TENS unit and another type of zapper I purchased years ago for making colloidal silver. I am going to look into this, for sure.

Date: April 16, 2014 01:07AM

hiveganrawdude

what is a tens unit
also, maybe look into the role of colloidal silver as well

Date: April 16, 2014 01:16AM

A TENS unit is an electrical gizmo along the lines of a zapper. Typically a pain relief device, although if you read a bit on them, you can actually make your own colloidal silver with it.

[omronpainrelief.com]

I purchased one years ago for a bad back & sciatia pain and I swear by them. Some will argue (of course) that they only "mask" the pain, but I know firsthand that it stimulates & promotes healing.

They used to be very expensive years ago, they have come down in price a great deal.

Doing more reading on Lyme, I see that a lot of the Naturopathic doctors use a lot of herbs in the healing process. I'm on a quest now... winking smiley

Date: April 16, 2014 01:26AM

looks like you are already in the realm of high healing and health

enjoy your quest

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 16, 2014 01:52AM

For a zapper on steroids, check out Spooky2.

Date: April 16, 2014 10:20AM

Thanks for that, Prana. I do know about the Rife machine too. Do you have any experience with zappers or the like?

Posted by: diamond ()
Date: April 18, 2014 08:51PM

do you know the suggested doseage for hom. ledum trt of lyme pls?

Date: April 19, 2014 01:27AM

Ledum 1M is suggested in this article. I've read similar dosage on other websites.

[www.thepenzancehorse.com]

Date: April 19, 2014 01:45AM

i never got lyme
but i like to hike and be outdoors
other than tucking my pants into my shoes ( don't like to do in the summer)
cuz i like to wear shorts
and just covering myself from head to toe
how do i prevent ticks ?

is there some holistic home made thing i can make like a lotion with essential oils
that i can put on my skin
so that they can decide to avoid me?

Date: April 19, 2014 02:09AM

My one lady friend years ago contracted lyme from her cat. She lived in the city and would let the cat out in her backyard. She never did any hiking or outdoor activities yet still got it.

I haven't looked into whether there are essential oils that will repel them, but in the last few days I have read on sites that some practitioners recommend low homeopathic doses for a preventive treatment.

Date: April 19, 2014 06:18AM

okay
thanks for the info

Posted by: diamond ()
Date: April 19, 2014 01:17PM

Thanks. Thsts great.

I believe lyme testing can be quite unreliable and i have an illness that resembles lyme although no bulleseye rash.

My first experience with Ledum was when i stood on a rusty nail through my solar plexus...the 30c gave me a profound shift and calm. (and i never got tetanus which is why i took it).

then a couple of days ago i took it again and the same happened. i may try the stronger doseage.

Date: April 26, 2014 05:58PM

Rawvegandude, I haven't used zappers, but I have played with spooky2. I've used spooky on my friends and family with excellent results. It is not always 100% effective, but it works well enough that 3 of my friends/family bought their own system after getting rife sessions with me. What's really cool, and surprising effective, is using the remote device to give a session via a person's fingernail clipping. So far I had good results with people who had nerve damage, tapeworms, dental pain, and hormonal imbalance.

Date: April 26, 2014 08:00PM

I've already purchased the Zapper and am waiting on it to arrive. My older unit is a silver pulser by Bob Beck. I decided to opt for a newer unit, as this on I use primarly for making the silver. At this point I am having a bit of constant joint pain. It is not alot but it is noticeable. The doctor wants me to put me on amoxicillin but she has said it is ultimately my decision. I'll check into the spooky2.

Date: April 26, 2014 08:09PM

Are you currently eating all raw? Most people see their joint inflammation disappear on a raw diet.

Zappers usually have a limited set of frequencies they can run. With spooky, you can run from 0 hz through 5 MHz (and beyond to 33mhz with over clocking). spooky comes with an extensive frequency database, plus you can create your own custom frequency sets.

Date: April 26, 2014 09:56PM

Sadly, no - not currently eating 100% raw. Over the winter months I succumb to eating like the rest of the family does. I am maybe 60% raw over the winter. In the summer months when local produce is more plentiful I can usually get to maybe 90%. I changed jobs awhile back and now am working ten hour days in a production plant, so my time for raw prep is a bit limited. But I'm trying! I do try to juice alot though, especially on the weekends when I have more free time.

Date: April 27, 2014 03:44AM

Well, spooky has a bunch of programs for arthritis, whether it be osteo or rheumatoid or generic.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 27, 2014 05:18PM

I know a little about electricty, signal generators, etc. D'arsonval wands (inexpensive from like $30) kill bacteria, virus, and fungus (like in the nails, deep inside the skin, etc). google it out. smells like ozone.

Date: May 16, 2014 08:32PM

Does anyone have any experience with homeopathic nosodes? I came across a few threads on other forums on nosodes in which the postors claim to have great results using them. But then, after doing more reading online I see there is a movement against them as well. I would like to give them a try but not if they are "bad."

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: May 17, 2014 10:10PM

To repel ticks I have found that the most effective essential oil is Rose Geranium. I just put one drop on each shoe, my hat, and a smudge on shirt and shorts. It works good, lasting all day. I have heard others putting it into a carrier oil (like olive oil) and applying to skin. Ticks hate the smell of Rose Geranium the most of all essential oils.

Just one little link with lots of science:
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Posted by: mattscr ()
Date: May 18, 2014 03:00PM

Isn't doxycycline used to treat that disease? I wouldn't rely on alternative treatments, but would use them as something to enhance the antibiotics effects. When I had to treat a chronic condition I had a long time ago, I used doxycycline for a month combined with some some supplements to block quroum sensing, block tet Efflux pumps and boost immunity using alpha and beta glucan like AHCC or Beta glucan product (they're derived from mushrooms). I've known people with serious long term issues from lyme disease that wasn't treated properly in its early stages. Doxycycline is extremely safe, so that's my opinion.

Look at Kevin Gianni when he had lyme disease. He took the antibiotics and cured it and that was the end of it. If you had just like a sinus infection or something that wasn't potentially going to cause widespread issues, then I'd say try to go for a natural approach... but lyme disease can be quiet for a long time before symptoms start to show. At least once the acute phase has gone

Hope you feel better!

-------------------------------------------
My blog: [www.crvitality.com]

Date: May 18, 2014 06:46PM

vermontl

thanks for the rose geranium study abstract
very interesting

i was wondering though
where could i get the full article?

i tried clicking on for full article but it just led me to two citations
for the article

do you know how i can get the full article?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2014 06:46PM by la_veronique.

Date: May 26, 2014 12:08AM

la_veronique,

I think it costs money. Here is the link for that:
[pubs.acs.org]

I know there is other research, just not scientific. I will look and forward more links when I have a few moments.

Date: May 26, 2014 04:33AM

okay thanks

Date: May 31, 2014 10:56AM

I've been using nosode doses daily along with Ledum 1M doses and so far I feel really good. Also cleaned up my diet pretty well, one cooked meal in the evening, that's all. Living in a home where everyone else eats cookedfood, it's too tough for me to go 100%.

I'm not going to go the antibiotic route unless I would absolutely need to. The joint pain has subsided. Other than headaches the first couple of weeks, I've had no other symptoms.

I also picked up a Lyme tick spray at the HFS which contains several different essential oils and I've been using that on my hikes.

Date: June 05, 2014 10:43PM

No scientific studies but more info:

[wholefedhomestead.com]

[www.advancednaturalmedicine.com]

[pambakerrn.com]

Let me know if you want more.

Date: June 22, 2014 05:38PM

vermontnl, Thanks for those links, good stuff.

Update on my condition; A week or so ago I started feeling a bit more tired at the end of the day. Other than the fatigue, I do still get headaches once in awhile and my elbow joints hurt if I try to lify something heavy. I started consuming juices all day except for one solid meal, and I feel a lot better after that. Still continuing with the Nosodes, one bottle goes a long way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables