Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

going raw after a failed candida diet
Posted by: Ambrosia_angel ()
Date: April 16, 2014 05:37PM

I'm going raw as I saw no improve with my Candida and later learned that low/no carb doesn't work. My main aim of going raw is to get tons of nutrition and vitamins to build up my immune system which has allowed yeast to grow extremely out of control and to not mask the actually infection by taking out sugar that we need to survive on. The Candida diet has massive flaws and the only time it can help is if people were eating crap before and have changed to a whole foods diet. My diet was a lot better then the standard diet before I went low carb.

A bit if background : I was diagnosed with cfs 2 and a half years ago and have been 90% bedbound/housebound since. I was given the flawed treatment of cbt and get which did nothing as I didn't have an unhealthy thought process about my illness and became ill very suddenly. One day I was exercising on a treadmill the next I can't walk properly? I've tried so many other treatments and I've not seen any benefit so I'm trying this along with taking moringa powder(created from Sun/air dried leaves) as I want to get better as natural as possible.

Right now I'm concerned about certain things:

-my period. I'm nearly 17 years old and don't feel comfortable with loosing my period no matter how natural it is. Do I just need to use nutritional yeast with added b12 in a lot of my meals?? Do I need to by b12 and iron supplements?

-70/10/20??? I don't think I want to be eating loads of fruits personally as that's really sweet for me and I don't know how healthy 80/10/10 is? I'm all for raw vegan but isn't so much fruit healthy? Isn't veg healthier?? I want to get as much nutrition as possible and eating veg is important to me. Does it have as much carbs?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: going raw after a failed candida diet
Date: April 16, 2014 06:21PM

This was a little intro btw smiling smiley I'm looking for friends too as I don't have any. I also need a somebody to help guide me down the healthy path. I'm so new to this but I'm learning everyday.
Thank you smiling smiley

Date: April 16, 2014 08:54PM

Hi I know a lot about cfs and the deficiencies involved with them. smiling smiley I know the possible causes too. No treatments have really helped me though.

I'm positive this lifestyle change will smiling smiley

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: April 17, 2014 01:29AM

I no longer suffer from CFS. Olive leaf extract helped very much. One day at a time. That was in my 20s, now I am in my 50s. Greens are the best foods for me.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: April 17, 2014 02:21AM

Green juices such as wheatgrass, barley grass, sprout juice, and green vegetable juice, along with algae's like chlorella, spirulina, and marine phytoplankton should help a lot. Also, high-quality probiotics and eliminating meat and grains. According to Dr. Brian Clement, all forms of sugar including fruit should also be eliminated, but I think he's wrong on that. There are many testimonials where people cured candida on low fat, high-fruit diets. Coconut oil has also been shown to kill off candida (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17651080)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2014 02:23AM by jtprindl.

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: April 17, 2014 12:43PM

Ambrosia Angel,

I totally agree with jtprindl's post.

Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: April 18, 2014 10:31PM

The only mistake about jtprindl's advice would be ignoring B.C.'s advice, lol if you are very ill you best stay off fruit. Do you like to gamble? well then just go ahead and eat your fruit lol. I have found that most people with cfs have pretty significant yeast issues, and that yeast is a hardy bunch ya know. Imo you need to get a live blood analysis to see if you have it in your blood or else you are just gambling with any other tests which are expensive. Significant bloating in the gut would be a good tip that you are overwhelmed with parasites such as yeast among others. Just my opinion

Date: April 18, 2014 10:33PM

"The only mistake about jtprindl's advice would be ignoring B.C.'s advice, lol if you are very ill you best stay off fruit."

Where's the scientific evidence to support this? Many have healed candida on low-fat, high-fruit diets. Not saying it's incorrect, I just think Clement may be a bit extreme when it comes to the sugar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2014 10:38PM by jtprindl.

Date: April 19, 2014 07:17PM

Yes, hope you were not offended, but if you knew B.C. and what they do at HHI you would be saying the same thing.

I have told people to use wheat-grass implants for this with good results which is probably one of the first things anyone should do if very ill. Follow this up by drinking two ounces twice a day also! o-so good for you!

Date: April 19, 2014 07:40PM

"Yes, hope you were not offended, but if you knew B.C. and what they do at HHI you would be saying the same thing."

I know what Brian Clement has to say on the subject and I agree with most of it, but I don't necessarily agree with the whole anti-sugar concept because many people have healed candida on high-fruit diets. Sprouts, grasses, and algae's should remain a significant part of the diet, though, candida or not. I think going on a temporary low-fat diet is the main thing that heals candida, and the reason I say temporary is because there seem to be many people who are doing well on high-fat diets out there. Seems to be that if you have candida, low-fat is the way to go, if you don't, you don't need to stress about low-fat (if you're raw vegan/vegetarian). I'd certainly love to see studies addressing high-fat versus low-fat raw plant-based diets.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2014 07:44PM by jtprindl.

Date: April 23, 2014 05:47PM

Brian is speaking via experience and yeast is very difficult to be rid of. You can stop having symptoms but still carry it to some extent probably because of a weak immune system. Brian see's 70-100 people a month would be my best guess and in my experience being there a lot of them have yeast in their blood. They house about this many people and for the most part rotate every three weeks, so don't quote me on the numbers it's been a long time since I have been there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables