Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

body asking for a fast?
Posted by: thevoyager ()
Date: December 04, 2006 03:11PM

i feel like my body is asking for a fast, i'm only a few days into being raw and yesterday i ate as much as i could and only ate under 500 calories. today i woke up and have been trying to eat this apple for an hour and still only got half way through it. what is this about? is my body asking for a fast? i forced myself to eat the little food i did yesterday and it did not want it.

i don't want to fast, i exercise everyday now and work a lot, but i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

also i'm currently not eating nuts as i have an addiction to them i'd like to break, and i'm eating about 90% fruit, it just feels right

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2006 03:12PM by thevoyager.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: body asking for a fast?
Posted by: thevoyager ()
Date: December 04, 2006 09:36PM

any thoughts anyone?

i was raw a long time ago and didn't have this happen infact then i was so hungry.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: December 04, 2006 10:18PM

I find that I am not hungry first thing in the morning. I eat later, when I develop some appetite, and in the meantime, I drink water.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: mtnkathy ()
Date: December 05, 2006 09:21PM

I believe your body is asking for less food. Eat less or not at all, but be sure to have plenty of water. If you get hungry, but still don't want to eat, you might try juicing or even blending small amounts of fruits and veggies. It is a good way to ease into a fast or a cleanse.

This happened to me recently. I simply ate less. I would having nothing but Super Greens (a green powder) mixed with water throughout the day. In the evening I might have a salad. Other days I would have a quart or so of a mixture of fresh juice and blended veggies and fruits including avocado.

I was able to rest a bit more than usual but still had plenty of stamina to get through the day. It lasted for two weeks.

There is no explanation I know of for what happened. I simply listened to my body and what it wanted - or didn't want. My intuition told me that my assimilation of nutrients was up and I was satisfied with less, but it is certainly not scientific and could be completely wrong!

Listen to your body and do what it is asking you to do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables