Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

"Beyond Broccoli"
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 03, 2014 11:35PM

[www.amazon.com]

I have "Live Food Factor" in my backpack as we speak. Great book. Someone on here recommended it and I ordered it. At first I thought it was mostly rehashing other books but I came to see it as a very valuable resource. However, when I found out that Schenck was going to write another book about how raw vegan didn't work for her, I was a bit stunned. I kept looking for this new book, never saw it, but for some reason it came up for me today.

The symptoms she describes could be inability to digest fat properly and fat overload, could it not? I don't think I would ever do 80-10-10 but one thing I have to hand to Graham, he put a spotlight on how much fat are in so many raw recipes. I think a middle ground is fine but some of these books are just full of high-fat recipes!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Beyond Broccoli"
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: May 03, 2014 11:49PM

did you see this review?

Having read Ms Schenck's Live Food Factor, it is little wonder she failed on a raw vegan diet where she outlined her daily menu of juice and a few seeds for breakfast; salad with little or know dressing for lunch; and a raw soup for dinner. There would not be enough calories in that diet to even perform basic physiological functions. It is easy to see why her health was failing. A rabbit could barely exist on that menu! I myself am what I would define as a largely raw, fairly high fat pescetarian. I do however believe that some people can thrive on vegetarian and raw vegan diets if they are carefully executed. Unfortunately, like with most 'diets' this usually is not the case. A well balanced diet, with or without animal foods depends entirely on the individual to self educate, filter the information gathered and apply the knowledge learned. One could be eating a paleo diet that is unbalanced if the range of food included is not nutritionally diverse. Get informed, educate yourself by reading not just books, but peer reviewed articles and take the nutritional advice of Ms Schenck with a grain of salt. Save your hard earned money to spend on high quality nutritionally dense food instead.

Date: May 04, 2014 12:00AM

No, I didn't. I would have to check with my copy to see proof that she mentioned such a lacking meal plan.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: September 01, 2014 09:30PM

Raw veganism can work if done properly.
Broccoli is not enough, you need sprouts and indoor greens.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: September 01, 2014 11:06PM

I like the review entitled, " THIS WOMAN IS NUTS"

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: September 01, 2014 11:31PM

I agree she is NUTS
One point where the author is right in my opinion is the observation that the eating of grains is one of the most important reasons why most vegans fail.

Date: September 03, 2014 04:17AM

I see Paul Nison wrote a review and here it is

After being on a 100% raw vegan diet for 15 years, I have come to the conclusion that it is not the ideal diet I once thought it was. I'm so thrilled a book is finally written on this topic. Thank you, Susan, for letting people know the real deal about healthy eating. I pray people can have an open mind and heart to understand why this information needs to be told. --Paul Nison, author of numerous raw food diet and health books

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: September 03, 2014 04:36AM

Victoria Bidwell had a huge influence on the material for Live Food Factor, and this material was largely Natural Hygiene.

Date: September 03, 2014 05:41PM

coconutcream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see Paul Nison wrote a review and here it is
>
> After being on a 100% raw vegan diet for 15 years,
> I have come to the conclusion that it is not the
> ideal diet I once thought it was. I'm so thrilled
> a book is finally written on this topic. Thank
> you, Susan, for letting people know the real deal
> about healthy eating. I pray people can have an
> open mind and heart to understand why this
> information needs to be told. --Paul Nison, author
> of numerous raw food diet and health books

WTF????????????????????!!!! Are these people walk-ins or what? Did aliens invade their bodies?!

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: September 03, 2014 06:21PM

the book does not make sense (haven't read it) but check this out:

She ate raw for 6 years, didn't work. Therefore she had to eat meat? Where is the vegan diet (huge gap)

She ate only peanunts for a year. Therefore she had to eat bluecheese later. wtf?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2014 06:22PM by Panchito.

Date: September 06, 2014 05:21PM

Banana WHo. Thats what I was thinking. The Durian King, remember??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables