Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

wheat berries
Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: May 05, 2014 10:59AM

Soaked some wheat berries last night with the intent of making wheat grass. I tried a few and found them to be to my liking as is.
Now, can anyone inform me why this is unhealthy?

david

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wheat berries
Date: May 06, 2014 10:06AM

dvdai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Soaked some wheat berries last night with the
> intent of making wheat grass. I tried a few and
> found them to be to my liking as is.
> Now, can anyone inform me why this is unhealthy?

Hi David,

you never EVER want to be eating non sprouted soaked wheat berries. In the next day or two l will explain why it is your worst nightmare. Please don't do it ever again...keep well away from that stuff.

You want an enlarged pancreas? You want nutrient binding in the intestines so you don't get all the good stuff? You want lots of indigestable starch and proteins in your body? You want your body to get messed up really really good? If you do, eat the unsprouted wheat berries. If you don't, keep well away from them.

Watch out for the anti nutrients David, they can make grown men cry. smiling smiley Watch out for the big bad daddy of the grain world, the nasty old lectins....he'll grab you in a headlock and pummel you into the ground, and he loves doing it too. winking smiley

Regards David: The Sproutarian.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: May 06, 2014 10:10AM

Oh yeah David...if you eat the unsprouted wheat berries, your face will end up looking miserable like the pussycat in your picture there.

Btw, l like that picture very very much indeed. It is excellent, and thankyou for presenting it in public for us all to see. I shall be saving that picture later...been meaning to for a day or two.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 07, 2014 12:46AM

I'm sprouting some rye berries right now. I plan to make either crackers or Essene bread with them. smiling smiley

Date: May 07, 2014 07:36AM

Thanks for all the info! I will not eat them anymore!

david

Date: May 11, 2014 08:49AM

Where did you get your wheat berries from? I'm having trouble growing mine

Date: May 11, 2014 07:03PM

I got mine at a local co-op. Organic Hard winter wheat berries. They sprouted rather easily. Try to find someone local.

david

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables