Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Adjusting to health restrictions
Posted by: JohnDoeiii ()
Date: May 18, 2014 05:34PM

Hello Friends,
I'm sure there are many more of us with certain restrictions as to what we can/cannot eat. I do hope that raw food diet with improve my condition, but .... I have very aggressive diabetes, reaction to insulin (where I cannot take enough insulin), and so I must reduce carbs and fats to a minimum.
That prevents me from using natural dressings with my salads. I cannot eat any sweet fruits, no seeds/nuts, no honey, etc.
The only dressing I can take without increasing my sugar to high levels is Walden Farms variety - [waldenfarms.com]
While they claim that it is a natural product, I'm sure it has a bunch of "harmful" ingredients.
So, my question is .... From the raw diet perspective, cleansing, and benefits of my otherwise healthy eating, HOW REALLY harmful is Walden Farms dressing?
Thank you!
Vlad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adjusting to health restrictions
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 18, 2014 06:36PM

well its kinda hard to tell because they do not list their ingredients
if they do, i was unable to click on it and get the list of ingredients

at any rate,

here is some info and video on reversing diabetes with raw vegan

wikipedia brief description:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Film : Simply Raw Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days ( youtube full film i think)

[www.youtube.com]

I haven't seen the video ( just heard of it) but maybe they will have some tips or something in what kinds of dressings to put on your salad. Worth a try.

Also, if you are unable to eat your salads without dubious dressings ( containing nuts, oils, fruit etc. ), you might just want to blend them.

Get veggies... put in blender... add water and also add tomato or red bell pepper and lemon juice ( This makes sort of like a V-8 drink / raw soup)

yeah i know technically tomato and red bell pepper is considered a "fruit" cuz it contains seeds but you need to gauge its glycemic index as well and its lower on the sugar scale than other fruits like bananas and pineapple

okay good luck

wishing you outstanding perfect health

enjoy

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: May 18, 2014 07:54PM

Algae's such as chlorella, marine phytoplankton, and spirulina will be helpful for controlling blood sugar and insulin sensitivity. You may also benefit from astaxanthin (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12688512), wheatgrass juice, sprouts (especially fenugreek), curcumin, ginseng, and avoiding dairy/coffee. Are you overweight? Your body could also be toxic with heavy metals, which kill the beta cells of the pancreas, blocking insulin function. Algae's will be very helpful in this regard, as will edible green clay and zeolites.

For salad dressings, you could go with these: [zukay.com] ... I've never tried them but it seems to be a solid product. You may have to email the company to see where you can purchase them online.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2014 07:55PM by jtprindl.

Date: May 18, 2014 10:36PM

oh yeah also cinnamon
that helps with blood sugar level regulation too

that and cactus

Date: May 19, 2014 10:23PM

Hello jtprindl,

Thank you for the link!!! Even their kvass seems to be O.K. for me on the nutrition (I might add it to smoothies). Unfortunately, they do not show nutrition of their dressings ... will ask them.
I'm not overweighed (actually severally under). I've had diabetes for almost 30 years, my pancreas produces no insulin whatsoever (test show 0 own insulin production) and with my reaction I can ONLY! tolerate about 8 units/day through insulin pump (need to take 48 units). My sugars never go below 300 and I'm in a constant DKA.
Nice picture? Ha...

Thank you again! I like this community.
Vlad.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: May 19, 2014 10:47PM

I'm assuming you have type-1 diabetes, correct? How has your diet been this past year and have you noticed anything over these 30 years that has significantly helped you? Are you sure you don't have a lingering, unknown viral infection, or heavy metal toxicity? For starters, I think you'd really benefit from 4 ounces of wheatgrass juice per day (2 oz. in the morning and 2 oz. in the afternoon) and chlorella (fresh-water algae). If you've never taken chlorella, you should probably start around 3-5 grams per day, and work your way up to 10 grams over a few weeks or months.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2014 10:48PM by jtprindl.

Date: May 20, 2014 02:04AM

Hello la_veronique,
Thank you for your ideas! Sugar control through diet regulation mostly works for type 2 diabetes.
Let's see what it does for me.

Vlad.

Date: May 20, 2014 02:30AM

jtprindl,
There is one other great thing for sugar control - Gymnema Sylvestre 75!

But .... my main problem is not controlling the sugar. It is my reaction to insulin that is the issue here. Before this reaction started, I controlled my diabetes pretty well with insulin.

The reaction started about 20 years ago and since then it has been a total nightmare.

will try these other things.....

Thank you!

Date: May 20, 2014 11:54PM

john doeii

<<Hello la_veronique,
Thank you for your ideas! Sugar control through diet regulation mostly works for type 2 diabetes.
Let's see what it does for me.

Vlad.>>

i think one of victoria boutenko's kids had juvenile diabetes ( don't recall which one but she only has two kids so it won't be too much research lolsmiling smiley

at any rate, the kid got rid of it... completely

with a raw diet

but to be honest, i'm not sure what that kid's ( well, this person is an adult now) protocol was exactly

maybe worth a search

plus, maybe the video ( the one i sent a link to) has people who also had juvenile diabetes so more immediate tips on what to do

surely others might also have experienced complications with insulin

as it is very complex

good luck on your journey

keep us posted on your increasing progress

wishing you prosperous health

Date: May 20, 2014 11:56PM

here is a "salad" ( blended salad) i ate today

parsley tomato sliver of onion lemon water

was refreshing

i just saw what was leftover in my fridge and blended with water and lemon lolsmiling smiley

so no profound reasons for those ingredients except parsley has tons of minerals and i like it a lot

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables