Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: always wanted to know... reason for 80 10 10
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: June 16, 2014 02:40AM

la_v, and jtprindl,

la_v,
I found your request reasonable and if jtprindl would have agreed to your request, it would have prevented a lot of back and forth nonsense with people who have never done 811 and are stuck in their nutrient inadequacy paradigm.

jtprindl
>No symptoms =/= no deficiency... and blood tests can be very misleading, it doesn't tell you what you are absorbing into your cells.

I believe you have stated this innumerable times.
I don't know why you keep repeating it.
And your statement is incorrect.

The deficiencies you are speaking of, zinc, etc , within the context of 30 years high fruit diet that you claim should be deficient, WILL absolutely result in symptoms.
Of which I have none.

But this means nothing to a person who is unwilling to consider a reality different from the reality that you currently entertain.
fine with me.

>And yes, if you eat mainly fruit and are claiming to have sufficient levels of all nutrients, you are lying. Which fruits are you eating that are providing you with iron, zinc, EPA/DHA, iodine, and B12?

Have you ever heard of watermelon? dates? they contain iron as do other fruits and veg.
same as iodine, zinc, etc.
I'm surprised you didn't ask where I get my protein or calcium.
virtually all of the foods that I eat contain the above alleged difficult to obtain nutrients, or the body synthesizes it (dha).
with the exception perhaps of b12.

you are denying the existence of scores of raw eaters who eat a lot of fruit.
so tell me how do you explain this conundrum, other than calling me and others liars?

>You don't need to juice sprouts, only wheatgrass.
I am quite aware of that .

>No, they are not drawbacks unless you're stuck in the outdated, ignorant, and cultish Natural Hygiene mentality.

Has nothing to do with natural hygiene.
I personally have that preference/opinion.
So why are you unwilling to allow me my opinion?

>Mother nature doesn't use computers, either, guess that means they are useless.
Your example has been used countless times, and is irrelevant to food and digestion.

>Well let's see... chlorophyll cleans the blood, detoxifies the body, and is anti-inflammatory/anti-bacterial among others. All of those can help you live longer.

If you think that's proof.

>Neither do I, but juicing still has its tremendous health benefits.

you are entitled to your opinion

>Digestion takes energy away from the body.

my point related to problems caused by cessation of chewing on muscle wasting, as well as the value of the exercise of the digestive system . as well as the benefits of fiber - things you have not considered.

>If your food, calorie for calorie, has more phytochemicals, enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, etc... it is better than food with inferior levels. RDA's for nutrients are bare minimum's, not for optimal levels of health.

nope. all we need is an adequate diet overall. to say that X food is "better" is absurd to me .

RDA's are not bare minimums. they are estimates with doubled or tripled safety factors.
excess is not beneficial,, and causes unwanted energy loss due to the need for excretion, as well as negatively impacting endogenous nutrient synthesis.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: June 16, 2014 04:20AM

"Have you ever heard of watermelon? dates? they contain iron as do other fruits and veg.
same as iodine, zinc, etc"

Iron in plants has very poor bioavailability and watermelon and dates wouldn't provide anywhere near the amount of iron or zinc you need unless you were consuming massive quantities of sugar in the process. One watermelon has 280 grams of sugar and 60% RDA iron, 30% RDA zinc. 100 grams of dates gives you 19 grams of sugar and 1% RDA iron/1% RDA zinc. And again, iron is poorly absorbed from plants. You aren't going to get anywhere close sufficient iodine on a predominantly fruit diet, unless you are also eating sea vegetables. You need high levels of ALA to convert into enough EPA/DHA, fruits provide very little. It doesn't take a scientist to figure out that a diet of predominantly fruit with some veggies is a nutritionally inadequate diet.

Do you take supplements?

"Your example has been used countless times, and is irrelevant to food and digestion."

So is juicing not being "optimal". By the way, where's proof of this?

"you are entitled to your opinion"

It's not an opinion, kind of like how believing the sun exists isn't an opinion.

"my point related to problems caused by cessation of chewing on muscle wasting, as well as the value of the exercise of the digestive system . as well as the benefits of fiber - things you have not considered."

I have considered them and have never said anything about being a strict liquidarian, of course eating some food is beneficial. You can both juice and eat, you know.

"RDA's are not bare minimums. they are estimates with doubled or tripled safety factors."

Not even close, what are your sources? Your body has the ability to store minerals and certain vitamins, and you will always be excreting things the body doesn't need anyways.

[www.healingwithnutrition.com]
[www.healthdefence.com]

"If you think that's proof."

If you can do the math, it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2014 04:21AM by jtprindl.

Date: June 16, 2014 05:41AM

la_v,

jtprindl you are a tiresome troll.

I don't know why I bother.

" Iron in plants has very poor bioavailability and watermelon and dates wouldn't provide anywhere near the amount of iron or zinc you need unless you were consuming massive quantities of sugar in the process. One watermelon has 280 grams of sugar and 60% RDA iron, 30% RDA zinc. 100 grams of dates gives you 19 grams of sugar and 1% RDA iron/1% RDA zinc. And again, iron is poorly absorbed from plants. You aren't going to get anywhere close sufficient iodine on a predominantly fruit diet, unless you are also eating sea vegetables. You need high levels of ALA to convert into enough EPA/DHA, fruits provide very little. It doesn't take a scientist to figure out that a diet of predominantly fruit with some veggies is a nutritionally inadequate diet. "

and why do I not have any of the below symptoms, no supplementation?

you're like one of those "bumblebees can't fly" scientists.

you can spew your "poorly available" rubbish out ad infinitum, but
you will never get it.
As I have told you, the rda's are inflated for some things, especially zinc and iron.

for you to just accept these numbers is unfortunate for you.

I have researched the numbers that only the world health organization puts out, and they are scientifically based and lower than the rda.

iron deficiency symptoms
•Extreme fatigue
•Pale skin
•Weakness
•Shortness of breath
•Chest pain
•Frequent infections
•Headache
•Dizziness or lightheadedness
•Cold hands and feet
•Inflammation or soreness of your tongue
•Brittle nails
•Fast heartbeat
•Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or starch
•Poor appetite, especially in infants and children with iron deficiency anemia
•An uncomfortable tingling or crawling feeling in your legs (restless legs syndrome)

> It's not an opinion, kind of like how believing the sun exists isn't an opinion.

a more pompous sentence has rarely been uttered.

you and temp should start your own discussion group.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: June 16, 2014 01:55PM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"It's not an opinion, kind of like how believing
the sun exists isn't an opinion."

> a more pompous sentence has rarely been uttered.

I would say it might be a pomposity toss up due to it being a response to this utterance...

"Have you ever heard of watermelon?"

Date: June 16, 2014 10:48PM

What are you getting at, and what was your main question?

I am alittle distracted right now so maybe l have missed the point of this whole exercise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2014 10:48PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: June 16, 2014 11:40PM

mattscr Wrote:
> Perhaps it's because many raw foodists struggle to
> get in enough calories when they are eating
> primarily vegetables -- so they go over the top
> and consume lots of fruit, believing that all this
> sugar won't do them any harm. Just because some
> people are staying "lean" on a high fruit diet,
> doesn't mean it's the most optimal. I tend to
> focus more on vegetables and then eat fruit in
> moderate amounts. Like 1 apple, 1 banana, 1 kiwi,
> and a few handfuls of different berries. That's in
> addition to my 700 grams a day of mixed vegetables
> with extra virgin olive oil for my main meal. The
> rest of the day I'll have some nuts, avocado,
> maybe even oatmeal, dark chocolate or whatever...
> I'm about 70% raw. smiling smiley
>
> Fat helps absorb the nutrients in your diet, so I
> don't see why it's so feared by some people.
> Healthy fats are fine, and even reduce the risk of
> disease- especially extra virgin olive oil. A
> study was just published recently showing that
> EVOO dramatically lowered the risk of
> cardiovascular disease for those at high risk...
>
> The problem is people simplify things too much.
> And there's a HUGE amount of misunderstanding even
> about the basics of human biology.
>
> There's plenty of evidence showing that it's
> vegetables that lower the risk of disease more
> dramatically than fruits. Most fruit has a very
> modest impact.

I like many of the things you are saying, and various studies are showing a higher protein and fat diet can have benefits if we consume a nutritious diet high in antioxidants.

But the next bit causes massive confusion because it goes against new science (see my next set of comments).

>
> People at high risk for cardiovascular disease do
> better with higher extra virgin olive oil
> consumption
> During follow-up, 277 cardiovascular events and
> 323 deaths occurred. Participants in the highest
> energy-adjusted tertile of baseline total olive
> oil and extra-virgin olive oil consumption had 35%
> (HR: 0.65; 95% CI: 0.47 to 0.89) and 39% (HR:
> 0.61; 95% CI: 0.44 to 0.85) cardiovascular disease
> risk reduction, respectively, compared to the
> reference. Higher baseline total olive oil
> consumption was associated with 48% (HR: 0.52; 95%
> CI: 0.29 to 0.93) reduced risk of cardiovascular
> mortality. For each 10 g/d increase in
> extra-virgin olive oil consumption, cardiovascular
> disease and mortality risk decreased by 10% and
> 7%, respectively.
>
> [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
> 1/

This study was 4.8 years, a good amount of time, but it goes against what other long studies studies are saying. First we will start with a 5 year study done on monkeys, and then talk about studies on humans.

Compared with dietary monounsaturated and saturated fat, polyunsaturated fat protects African green monkeys from coronary artery atherosclerosis

Rudel LL, Parks JS, Sawyer JK

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

This study tells us that the high monounsaturated fats (eg olive oil) contributed towards Coronary artery atherosclerosis as much as the saturated fats, but the polyunsaturated fats has less effect than those two fat groups.

Coronary artery atherosclerosis as measured by intimal area was less in the polyunsaturated fat compared with the saturated fat groups, was less in the animals fed polyunsaturated fat compared with the monounsaturated fat-fed animals, but did not differ between the monounsaturated and saturated fat groups. Cholesteryl ester, particularly cholesteryl oleate, accumulation in the coronary arteries was also similar between groups fed monounsaturated and saturated fat but was minimal in the animals fed polyunsaturated fat.
In sum, the monkeys fed monounsaturated fat developed equivalent amounts of coronary artery atherosclerosis as those fed saturated fat, but monkeys fed polyunsaturated fat developed less. The beneficial effects of the lower LDL and higher HDL in the animals fed monounsaturated fat apparently were offset by the atherogenic shifts in LDL particle composition. Dietary polyunsaturated fat appears to result in the least amount of coronary artery atherosclerosis because it prevents cholesteryl oleate accumulation in LDL and the coronary arteries in these primates

Everyone went crazy, so L rudel repeated the experiment three years later and got the same result.

Dietary monounsaturated fatty acids promote aortic atherosclerosis in LDL receptor-null, human ApoB100-overexpressing transgenic mice

Rudel LL, Kelley K

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

monounsaturated fat did not protect against atherosclerosis development, whereas aortic atherosclerosis in either of the polyunsaturated fat groups was significantly less than in the saturated fat group

So people may say, it is only 16 weeks and on animals. I say, read the Lion Heart Study...this shows that mono fats did slow the rate of progression of coronary disease, but people were still getting coronary disease on the Mediterranean diet after 4 years..... the wheels fell off and the high mono fats reared their ugly head.

Mediterranean Diet, Traditional Risk Factors, and the Rate of Cardiovascular Complications After Myocardial Infarction Final Report of the Lyon Diet Heart Study

Michel de Lorgeril, MD; Patricia Salen, BSc

[www.drhirani.com]

And now we get this study showing that all fats activate blood clotting factor 7 which is bad for heart health.

Effects of dietary fat quality and quantity on postprandial activation of blood coagulation factor VII
Larsen LF, Bladbjerg EM

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

But....a nutritious diet high in anti oxidants can protect against the fats, but the nature of the plant fats themselves don't appear to be protective of heart health (especially if omega 3 - 6's aren't in favourable proportions), and the poly fats contribute less coronary disease than the mono fats.

The endotoxin/toll-like receptor-4 axis mediates gut microvascular dysfunction associated with post-prandial lipidemia

Ping Yi, Jia Pang

[www.biomedcentral.com]

Olive oil, a staple of the Mediterranean diet, has been
presumed to have vaso-protective properties. However,
this assumption is under dispute with some studies suggesting that olive oil may actually cause postprandial impairment of endothelial function leading to atherosclerosis and vascular stress [22,23]. Such endothelial dysfunction
could reflect increased postprandial oxidative stress, as administration of antioxidant vitamins C and E together with olive oil appears to reverse this type of endothelial dysfunction have reported that in a clinical study, olive oil activated coagulation factor VII to the same extent as butter. Therefore, olive oil does not have a clearly beneficial, direct effect on vascular function

So these are some of the issues = overdoing the mono fats and omega 6's and having less of the poly/omega 3 fats which makes producing EPA/DHA much harder for vegans.

What about having more poly fats instead of mono fats as Rudel suggests? What about balancing omega 3 better with 6's better so we get the benefits of EPA/DHA (assuming other parts of the vegan diet are done right).

See the potential issues here, and see why your recent study causes confusion?

I might send your study to Dr Caldwell Esselstyn to see what he has to say. Talking about the good Dr, here he is:

No Oil -- Not Even Olive Oil!
[www.youtube.com]

I just say...be very careful. Get those poly's/omega 3's up and get those nutrients up to deal with the fats and their clotting factors. Also have the FRESH high phytochemical foods which show stronger and longer lasting anti oxidant effects than the typical anti oxidant vitamins.

And l say to Suez...are you going to be absorbing the omega 3's from those ground up flax as well as the freely available omega 6's from the olive oil? Absorption of oils from flax is reported not to be so good (can't find a study to confirm this). Still, l give you credit for taking herbs as a protection mechanism for the high fat diet.

Conclusion = lots of issues...who is right and who is wrong? The point is, we need good nutritious diets and to consume less mono fats and balance up with poly fats and omega 3's. Is avocado going to balancer it?...no! Are walnuts going to balance it?...no! We need to take foods with high poly fats and omega 3's if we wish to balance with the oils and various nuts and high fat foods because most contain the higher mono fats and omega 3's.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2014 11:54PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: June 16, 2014 11:59PM

Slight correction...last sentence should say this:

"We need to take foods with high poly fats and omega 3's if we wish to balance with the oils and various nuts and high fat foods because most contain the higher mono fats and omega 6's"

And l say to Suez, can you be sure you are getting good omega 3 - 6 balance. In other words, are those omega 3's from ground up flax as bioavailable as the omega 6 from the oilve oil? Who knows, but it is something l have thought about over the time.

Date: June 17, 2014 03:16AM

SueZ,

"Have you ever heard of watermelon?"

When somebody says to me, "where do you get your iron" ?

(Instead of saying something like, "I know there is iron in plants but
from my studies it does not appear that there is enough"winking smiley

As if there are no fruits or veg that contain iron
or
as if he/she knows with certainty our requirements
and the exact iron content of foods that I am eating,
or as if there are no healthy high fruit eaters
(when it is quite apparent there are)

it displays a level of laziness and ignorance that is
fully deserving of that response.

Date: June 17, 2014 04:01AM

Fresh, you have so much to learn smiling smiley

Date: June 17, 2014 04:15AM

Still waiting for why I and others who eat predominantly fruit are healthy.

and your phony ego bluster is not fooling me, but you have fun with it.

you're only holding yourself back, as compared to TSM, who is open to change and learning.

Date: June 17, 2014 04:16AM

winking smiley

We must choose our sources of information carefully. winking smiley

Date: June 17, 2014 04:28AM

"Still waiting for why I and others who eat predominantly fruit are healthy."

Well for one, nobody knows if this statement is even true unless you can prove it with a SpectraCell test (while NOT taking supplements)... and secondly, there are many reasons one could seem healthy outside of diet. Let's remember, just because you feel good and have lots of energy and no deficiency symptoms doesn't mean you're in great health. Many SAD individuals are in great shape and feel great as well but I'm sure you would agree their diets are far from healthy.

I'm definitely open to change and learning, I learn all the time. Nobody in the naturopathic/holistic nutrition field knows everything, there's a lot more for all of us to learn. What I do know, however, is that a predominantly fruit diet is a nutrient deficient diet. Not only in zinc and iron as we've been talking about, but also EPA/DHA, iodine, and B12. Again, this isn't something that is difficult to understand. All you have to do is simply look at the nutritional info of fruits and vegetables and you'll realize the aforementioned nutrients are nowhere to be found or in irrelevant quantities.

Date: June 17, 2014 05:08AM

I think you actually ARE temp. I don't see a difference between you.
Which means that you argue with yourself just to confuse others?

>What I do know, however, is that a predominantly fruit diet is a nutrient deficient diet.

If you ignore reality, yes. Which does not seem to be a problem for you.

>Not only in zinc and iron as we've been talking about, but also EPA/DHA, iodine, and B12.

you are quite repetitive.

it must be comforting for you .

>Again, this isn't something that is difficult to understand. All you have to do is simply look at the nutritional info of fruits and vegetables and you'll realize the aforementioned nutrients are nowhere to be found or in irrelevant quantities.

yes, if you accept the rdas. which are incorrect.

well, off to take some supplements.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: June 17, 2014 11:46AM

Hey Prindl, you paying for the spectracell test? If so I'm in. But if everything comes out fine don't say I've been eating other things on the side.

As a side note, even if the test shows I'm critically deficient in every nutrient I still won't change my diet.

Date: June 17, 2014 11:57AM

Whatever nutrients fruits and greens have then that the way it's supposed to be. If man made tests show that they are low/high in some things then that the way they are supposed to be. Whatever they have is enough to make you healthy until you die.

Prindle, TSm and others, you go and search for more stuff to make you healthy. It seems you guys are never finding it though. You're always searching. The Searchers. lol.

I put my trust in the humble fruit to see me through. It's never let me down yet.

Date: June 17, 2014 02:29PM

Anon 102 Wrote:
> I put my trust in the humble fruit to see me
> through. It's never let me down yet.

I put my trust in fruit on the hclf diet, too, until eating too many of them wrecked my metabolism. Now I can't eat them without endangering myself - according to my blood glucose monitor.

I miss fruit. I would suggest caution for those thinking about "graduating" in raw food diets to 811 as I did. You can buy a little blood sugar monitoring machine from any drugstore to learn what that diet is doing to you. They are cheap. I wish I had known then what I do now so I wouldn't be having to miss fruit.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 17, 2014 02:35PM

mattscr Wrote:
> Perhaps it's because many raw foodists struggle to
> get in enough calories when they are eating
> primarily vegetables -- so they go over the top
> and consume lots of fruit, believing that all this
> sugar won't do them any harm. Just because some
> people are staying "lean" on a high fruit diet,
> doesn't mean it's the most optimal. I tend to
> focus more on vegetables and then eat fruit in
> moderate amounts. Like 1 apple, 1 banana, 1 kiwi,
> and a few handfuls of different berries. That's in
> addition to my 700 grams a day of mixed vegetables
> with extra virgin olive oil for my main meal. The
> rest of the day I'll have some nuts, avocado,
> maybe even oatmeal, dark chocolate or whatever...
> I'm about 70% raw. smiling smiley
>
> Fat helps absorb the nutrients in your diet, so I
> don't see why it's so feared by some people.
> Healthy fats are fine, and even reduce the risk of
> disease- especially extra virgin olive oil. A
> study was just published recently showing that
> EVOO dramatically lowered the risk of
> cardiovascular disease for those at high risk...
>
> The problem is people simplify things too much.
> And there's a HUGE amount of misunderstanding even
> about the basics of human biology.
>
> There's plenty of evidence showing that it's
> vegetables that lower the risk of disease more
> dramatically than fruits. Most fruit has a very
> modest impact.
>
> People at high risk for cardiovascular disease do
> better with higher extra virgin olive oil
> consumption
> During follow-up, 277 cardiovascular events and
> 323 deaths occurred. Participants in the highest
> energy-adjusted tertile of baseline total olive
> oil and extra-virgin olive oil consumption had 35%
> (HR: 0.65; 95% CI: 0.47 to 0.89) and 39% (HR:
> 0.61; 95% CI: 0.44 to 0.85) cardiovascular disease
> risk reduction, respectively, compared to the
> reference. Higher baseline total olive oil
> consumption was associated with 48% (HR: 0.52; 95%
> CI: 0.29 to 0.93) reduced risk of cardiovascular
> mortality. For each 10 g/d increase in
> extra-virgin olive oil consumption, cardiovascular
> disease and mortality risk decreased by 10% and
> 7%, respectively.
>
> [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
> 1/

I agree with you! I think the phobia about fat is due to anorexic backgrounds where they are afraid of BEING fat so they don't want to CONSUME fat. And you are right--it serves a purpose.

I found it amusing that you used the term CARDIAC EVENT. Is that the PC version of HEART ATTACK?

Date: June 17, 2014 02:52PM

"Whatever nutrients fruits and greens have then that the way it's supposed to be. If man made tests show that they are low/high in some things then that the way they are supposed to be. Whatever they have is enough to make you healthy until you die."

Based off what exactly? A Natural Hygiene book you read decades ago? There's really no debating that our bodies NEED zinc, iron, EPA/DHA, iodine, and B12 and function a lot better when we have them, many of which are non-existent or in irrelevant quantities in fruits and veggies. If you just want to eat fruits and vegetables, that's fine, that's your choice and you have the right to do so.

"Prindle, TSm and others, you go and search for more stuff to make you healthy. It seems you guys are never finding it though. You're always searching. The Searchers. lol."

Much has been found and much has yet to be found, searching for more and more answers is how you become more knowledgeable. Maybe you don't share the same passion as I or TSM has when it comes to this, that's fine... but “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it”.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2014 02:53PM by jtprindl.

Date: June 17, 2014 03:04PM

Some science on olive oil...

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - "Preliminary results allow us to conclude that the CoQ10 dietetic supplementation as well as the enrichment of the cellular membranes with monounsaturated fatty acids, successfully protect mitochondrial membranes from aged rats against the free radical insult."... However CoQ10 itself is great for heart health so the olive oil could be irrelevant.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - "Olive oil is more than a monounsaturated fat. Its phenolic content can also provide benefits for plasma lipid levels and oxidative damage."

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - "These cross-sectional findings from a large population sample suggest that consumption of butter may detrimentally affect coronary risk factors, while polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats may be associated with a lower coronary risk profile."

Date: June 17, 2014 04:20PM

fresh Wrote:
> it displays a level of laziness and ignorance that
> is
> fully deserving of that response.

I didn't say it didn't. He reminds me of a younger you.

Date: June 17, 2014 05:01PM

Hey Prindl, 6 of my friends from a raw food group on meetup.com are willing to take the test. I told them you were paying. That makes 7 of us. When do we start?

Date: June 17, 2014 05:06PM

Prindl--"Based off what exactly?"

Based off me, Prindl, based off me. My book!

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: June 18, 2014 12:09PM

I generally follow 80/10/10 but most often I am 90/5/5 as I have no overt fats in my diet. I choose to get the bulk of my calories from sweet fruits because this is the way I feel the best. I only eat sweet fruit in mono-meals. The only fruits I mix together are the non-sweet fruits in my dinner. My digestion is extremely fast, I have no bad cravings, I have a lot of energy, I feel light, refreshed, happy. I have a great relaxing night sleep, I don't feel sleepy after a meal, I get to eat as much as I want until my body naturally tells me to stop. My skin is soft and clean, my eyes are bright, my hair and nails are growing fast and strong. I have a flat stomach, no bloating, no cramps. I eat mostly sweet fruits because they are the true fast-food, they are nourishing, satisfying, pleasant to the eye. I don't get the bulk of my calories from non-sweet fruits/veggies/greens because they are very low in calories, they don't give me enough energy, they leave me with the desire for sweet fruits afterwards. I however incorporate them in my diet, but just as a complementary part and for the fun of making large salads and mixing delicious veggies together in a pleasant dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Date: June 18, 2014 01:22PM

Ela, that's awesome!

However, The Searchers will tell you that you're deficient in many nutrients and want you to take a spectracell test, which they'll want you to pay for of course, and if the results are good they'll say you've been eating other things.

And if you say you've doing this for many decades, like fresh has, they'll say it doesn't mean a thing. Nevermind that Pringle, one of the Searchers, has been doing this for 4 decades minus 47 months.

And because TSM, another Searcher, had a bad experience with fruits he's gone bat s**t crazy in trying to get the world to not eat fruits. Kind of like someone who hates their ex with a vengeance and cannot bear to see others having a good relation with her.

Date: June 18, 2014 01:56PM

anon102 for president.

sue, fruit did nothing to your "metabolism" , which is the sum of anabolism and catabolism, and you are using the word incorrectly.

and i would suggest you look a little harder to find differences between jt and i.

for example, i can accept that you and tsm had your issues with fruit and are doing something else, since we are quite adaptable, and i do not call you a liar for your reporting of your health and dietary intake.

Date: June 18, 2014 02:45PM

fresh Wrote:
> sue, fruit did nothing to your "metabolism" ,
> which is the sum of anabolism and catabolism, and
> you are using the word incorrectly.

Apparently you do not know more about biology than you have read online.

Date: June 18, 2014 04:52PM

Anon 102 Wrote:
> Ela, that's awesome!
>
> However, The Searchers will tell you that you're
> deficient in many nutrients and want you to take a
> spectracell test, which they'll want you to pay
> for of course, and if the results are good they'll
> say you've been eating other things.
>
> And if you say you've doing this for many
> decades, like fresh has, they'll say it doesn't
> mean a thing. Nevermind that Pringle, one of the
> Searchers, has been doing this for 4 decades minus
> 47 months.
>
> And because TSM, another Searcher, had a bad
> experience with fruits he's gone bat s**t crazy in
> trying to get the world to not eat fruits. Kind of
> like someone who hates their ex with a vengeance
> and cannot bear to see others having a good
> relation with her.

Sorry, should have read 4 decades minus 39 months. I approve this message and I'll accept the job of POTUS.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 19, 2014 12:08AM

ela 123

<<I have a lot of energy, I feel light, refreshed, happy. I have a great relaxing night sleep, I don't feel sleepy after a meal, I get to eat as much as I want until my body naturally tells me to stop. My skin is soft and clean, my eyes are bright, my hair and nails are growing fast and strong. >>

hi ela
thanks for sharing
it is nice to know that this is working out for you
especially
it is good to hear that you are "happy"
that is wonderful news!

Date: June 19, 2014 02:30AM

SueZ Wrote:
> fresh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > sue, fruit did nothing to your "metabolism" ,
> > which is the sum of anabolism and catabolism,
> and
> > you are using the word incorrectly.
>
>
> Apparently you do not know more about biology
> than you have read online.

Fresh, it's never too late to take a biology 101 class you know. Many colleges offer night courses so it won't interfere with your day job.

Date: June 19, 2014 07:00PM

not sure why you don't ever respond with any substance, but it does not serve your cause well.

fruit did not do anything to your metabolism.

"Metabolism is usually divided into two categories. Catabolism, that breaks down organic matter and harvests energy by way of cellular respiration, and anabolism that uses energy to construct components of cells such as proteins and nucleic acids."

your body, from years of abuse, could not properly handle the dietary transition both from cleansing reactions and elements in your body preventing the proper digestion and assimilation of the food.

this has nothing to do with fruit "ruining" your metabolism.
your metabolism is what it is regardless - no Food ruins it
it's a process that the body undergoes to assimilate food and process waste.

but of course we would rather blame the food - takes the focus off of us.

this message brought to you by what your twisted mind sees as bat$$%%t crazy (is there anyone you have not called b.s. crazy yet?) , possibly to divert your thoughts from your own demons?

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables