Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: jtprindl vs TSM ?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: June 23, 2014 02:27AM

once they truth is unmasked, the aggression starts winking smiley love it when there is no other option but name calling.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: June 23, 2014 02:31AM

"then, why don't you say that smoking makes you live longer?"

Because unlike smoking, olive oil has a well-documented history of proven health benefits and is rich in a variety of nutrients, including vitamin E, vitamin K, healthy fats, and phytochemicals.

For the study, they did not use HFCS, they used pure fructose, glucose, and sucrose. Glucose and sucrose didn't produce the same results.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - Here's another study on fructose - "These results suggest that fructose promotes both AGE formation and protein oxidation possibly through the formation of hydroxyl radicals."

"as I said, sugars do produce some AGEs when metabolized. These are handle by the body naturally (like with Taurine)."

And where is the evidence that the body doesn't naturally handle AGE's in raw olive oil? How do you know the nutritional benefits of certain foods don't outweigh the AGE's? Do you believe AGE's have a direct impact on longevity or something?

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: June 23, 2014 02:34AM

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> once they truth is unmasked, the aggression starts
> winking smiley love it when there is no other option but name
> calling.

I didn't call you a name. I asked you a question I already know the answer to. Why do you bother to eat raw vs cooked food if it's all the same health wise to you?

Date: June 23, 2014 02:35AM

the study that I haven't show you yet says that the fat in olive oil (chocked full with AGEs) damages the endothelial layer of the blood vessels.

measured olive oil AGEs levels 11000 units

apple AGEs less than 10

other fruits in the low 20s (practically non existent)

pure sugar 0 AGEs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2014 02:42AM by Panchito.

Date: June 23, 2014 02:38AM

SueZ Wrote:
> Are you stupid or something?

SueZ Wrote:
> I didn't call you a name.

Date: June 23, 2014 02:44AM

Panchito Wrote:
> the study that I haven't show you yet says that
> the fat in olive oil (chocked full with AGEs)
> damages the endothelial layer of the blood
> vessels.
>
> measured olive oil AGEs levels 11000 units
>
> apple AGEs less than 10
>
> other fruits in the low 20s (practically non
> existent)

Don't look now but those hairs on you fingers you say you have been growing while waiting for you goofy study to be accepted as gospel have all rubbed of from dragging your knuckles along on the ground.

Date: June 23, 2014 02:45AM

"the study that I haven't show you yet says that the fat in olive oil (chocked full with AGEs) damages the endothelial layer of the blood vessels."

Does it state specifically what kind of olive oil it is? Not all olive oil is created equal.

Date: June 23, 2014 02:50AM

It shows that all dietary fats are high AGEs (measured). It shows that even fresh raw avocados are high in AGEs (~ 5000 units). There could be some minimal difference between "stone oil" or "hydraulic pressed oil" but that would be insignificant. It is the only study in existence to date that measures AGEs in foods.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2014 02:54AM by Panchito.

Date: June 23, 2014 02:51AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> "the study that I haven't show you yet says that
> the fat in olive oil (chocked full with AGEs)
> damages the endothelial layer of the blood
> vessels."
>
> Does it state specifically what kind of olive oil
> it is? Not all olive oil is created equal.

As I recall there were a couple and they were typical cheapass cooked SAD grocery store brands, lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2014 02:51AM by SueZ.

Date: June 23, 2014 02:53AM

Panchito Wrote:
> It shows that all dietary fats are high AGEs
> (measured). It shows that even fresh raw avocados
> are high in AGEs (~ 5000 units). There could be
> some minimal difference between "stone oil" or
> "hydraulic pressed oil" but that would be
> insignificant.

Okay and can you address my post, including "And where is the evidence that the body doesn't naturally handle AGE's in raw olive oil? How do you know the nutritional benefits of certain foods don't outweigh the AGE's? Do you believe AGE's have a direct impact on longevity or something?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2014 02:55AM by jtprindl.

Date: June 23, 2014 03:03AM

when you gulp oils by the tub (some crazy people eat like two tubs of coconut oil a month) your body has to come up with enough anti AGEs to prevent the negative effect. What I am saying is that a little fat is OK (the body can cope) but a fat based diet is not. Sugar is what the body was made to get most of its energy from, and the body was made from that background because you are an heterotroph and you live from carbon.

Date: June 23, 2014 03:12AM

"when you gulp oils by the tub (some crazy people eat like two tubs of coconut oil a month) your body has to come up with enough anti AGEs to prevent the negative effect. What I am saying is that a little fat is OK (the body can cope) but a fat based diet is not."

Do you have any evidence regarding how much is too much fat in regards to being able to prevent the negative effects, or that the health benefits of certain foods don't outweigh any of these negatives? Do you have any evidence that raw AGE's have the same effect on the body as cooked AGE's, such as meat or cooked starches?

I'll re-quote this since you never responded:

"then, why don't you say that smoking makes you live longer?"

Because unlike smoking, olive oil has a well-documented history of proven health benefits and is rich in a variety of nutrients, including vitamin E, vitamin K, healthy fats, and phytochemicals.

For the study, they did not use HFCS, they used pure fructose, glucose, and sucrose. Glucose and sucrose didn't produce the same results.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - Here's another study on fructose - "These results suggest that fructose promotes both AGE formation and protein oxidation possibly through the formation of hydroxyl radicals."

Date: June 23, 2014 03:23AM

when you stop drumming your anti fruit drum and pro oils stance, I'll show you the study and you yourself can make up your opinion without asking me to come up with all shorts of proves. Otherwise, I am wasting time.

Date: June 23, 2014 03:33AM

All I'm doing is asking questions. I'm neither anti-fruit nor pro-oils.

If the study doesn't address these questions, then it significantly damages its credibility (and I repeat)...

1.) Does it show any evidence that raw AGE's have the same effect on the body as cooked AGE's, such as meat or cooked starches?

2.) Does it show that the health benefits of certain foods don't outweigh any of these alleged negatives from AGE's?

3.) Does it show a limit regarding how much fat is too much in terms of how effectively the body can naturally handle the AGE's?

Why did you mysteriously stop responding to the studies regarding fructose?

For the first study, they did not use HFCS, they used pure fructose, glucose, and sucrose. Glucose and sucrose didn't produce the same results.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2014 03:39AM by jtprindl.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables