Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

q about grain n beans on raw diet
Posted by: intrstelr ()
Date: June 28, 2014 12:08PM

Began raw diet a few months ago, and was already vegan for over 2 yrs. What grains are often eaten on raw diet, besides raw buckwheat groats, raw oat groats (if anyone can actually manage to get them truly raw), flax seed? Pseudograins? I've read some can be sprouted, but what, and can anyone eat anything by soaking without sprouting?
Also, since some beans are poisonous raw, what are typical beans besides mung, adzuki, lentils, n peas raw? The ones that are sold refrigerated in health food stores. What is the difference between these beans and the poisonous kind, since they're all beans? Some say these also should be avoided, is that true?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: q about grain n beans on raw diet
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 28, 2014 02:09PM

I don't eat any grains or legumes.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: June 28, 2014 06:44PM

you can enhance the protein (ie. Lysine) with raw hemp seeds or chia seeds

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: June 28, 2014 07:48PM

I don't eat grains or beans. Instead try fruits vegetables nuts and seeds.

Date: June 28, 2014 09:53PM

intrstelr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What grains are often eaten
> on raw diet, besides raw buckwheat groats, raw oat
> groats (if anyone can actually manage to get them
> truly raw), flax seed? Pseudograins? I've read
> some can be sprouted, but what, and can anyone eat
> anything by soaking without sprouting?

Grains to be eaten on a raw diet must always be soaked and sprouted for various reasons l won't go into.

Grains to eat are: amaranth, quinoa for starters.

> Also, since some beans are poisonous raw, what are
> typical beans besides mung, adzuki, lentils, n
> peas raw? The ones that are sold refrigerated in
> health food stores. What is the difference between
> these beans and the poisonous kind, since they're
> all beans? Some say these also should be avoided,
> is that true?

Best to try eating sprouted adzuki, mung and lentils. The poisoness beans are the ones containing high levels of cyanide such as lima and kidney beans. I am sure there are other poisoness elements but l don't have time to recheck all my notes right now.

When you start eating sprouted beans and grains you may have trouble digesting them, so it is highly advisable to go through a period of eating fermented foods. Eg, ferment rye sprout water and then ferment soak quinoa and amaranth sprouts in it. Also ferment some lentil sprouts and some nuts and sprouted seeds etc. Build the bacteria levels up for a few months.

Also have brown seaweeds each day...this is essential to help carry off the nasty lectin non digestable proteins from any non fermented sprouted grains/beans.

I don't have time to explain the fermentation stuff, but soak the sprouted beans and grains in rye based "rejuvalic". Look it up in the search function or ask someone here who can explain it to you.

No need to be scared of sprouted beans or grains...just tame the savage beast within them and work on improving your digestion.

www.thesproutarian.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables