Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What To Eat If You Can't Have Fruit
Posted by: Wild_Belle ()
Date: June 30, 2014 09:08AM

I am not new to raw foods but I do still have some questions when it comes to maintaining the diet. I was on it for four years once but ended up getting massive cravings toward the end and found it very hard to sustain the diet. I try to follow the Hippocrate's diet, and for my own personal health issues need to stay away from all fruit. My fallback ends up being to eat a lot of nuts, oils, avacados...lots of fatty foods to feel like the "edge" is taken off, and to get calories. Its very easy to overeat on them though, and I just want to know if anyone has come across this, and any solutions you may have found. I know many raw foodists correct the fat issue by eating more fruit, which I obviously cannot do, and I love veggies, sprouts, and juices but some days I feel like I just need something more.

Thank you for your suggestions and thoughts smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What To Eat If You Can't Have Fruit
Date: June 30, 2014 09:59AM

Adjusting to a Hippocrates style diet can take some time. You won't feel actual hunger, but you might not quite feel satisfied at first. In time things get easier.

You might want to try blending your evening meal so you get that more satisfying bottom heavy feeling that comes from blending. You may want to take dehydrated sprouted grains or to blend fermented sprouted grains with sprouted legumes (especially sprouted lentils), the fermented grains (especially sprouted amaranth, sprouted quinoa and sprouted fermented blended millet) will give it more of a tangy orange juice (millet) or nutty flavour (quinoa) so it doesn't taste so hardcore.

You also may want to do sprouted seeds for lunch after some seaweed and algae. Do your 100 grams of sprouted seed and don't worry..sprouting those seeds will roughly reduce fats by 20%. + if you concentrate more on the sprouted omega 3 seeds you will put your lipid consumption in a more favourable balance without the problems caused by excess omega 6's and monounsaturated fats.

Personally l wouldn't want to be having nuts too much (hard to balance the fats and nutrients with regular nut consumption). Sprouted seeds are a big part of my diet, especially sprouted chia. They will satisfy and are extremely important, more so than nuts.

Give your body time to adjust. You will become satisfied in time - it is probably not physical hunger, it could be mental hunger. You will probably notice that you aren't dis-satisfied with the food, but you aren't satisfied and full either.

If you aren't a sports person l wouldn't get too hung up on calories. Just have the high protein sprouted green drinks, seaweeds, algaes, sprouted seeds, sprouted legumes and sprouted grains most days. BUT, do some weight bearing exercise each day before a major meal to sustain the weight, and exercise a different part of the body each day. You will see muscle come up and it will give you confidence that weight can be sustained on low calorie diets. At the same time, do cardio using weights...you don't want to be doing marathon running on low calorie diets, so combine cardio with weights.

Also drink plenty of water and do a green sprout juice fast 24 - 40 hours each week. This can make you adjust to the diet better so you overcome the addictions of high fat and become more satisfied with the sprouted foods and green drinks.

Try these things, adjust and see how you go. The diet can be refined over time.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2014 10:04AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 30, 2014 03:58PM

I don't understand your question since you talk about not eating fruit and you talk about eating avocadoes. Please clarify.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: June 30, 2014 03:59PM

what health issues keep you away from fruit?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 30, 2014 06:37PM

Wild_Belle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not new to raw foods but I do still have some
> questions when it comes to maintaining the diet. I
> was on it for four years once but ended up getting
> massive cravings toward the end and found it very
> hard to sustain the diet. I try to follow the
> Hippocrate's diet, and for my own personal health
> issues need to stay away from all fruit. My
> fallback ends up being to eat a lot of nuts, oils,
> avacados...lots of fatty foods to feel like the
> "edge" is taken off, and to get calories. Its very
> easy to overeat on them though, and I just want to
> know if anyone has come across this, and any
> solutions you may have found. I know many raw
> foodists correct the fat issue by eating more
> fruit, which I obviously cannot do, and I love
> veggies, sprouts, and juices but some days I feel
> like I just need something more.
>
> Thank you for your suggestions and thoughts smiling smiley

Breaking news! Avocados are fruits! Film at 11!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 30, 2014 11:37PM

banana who

i think the individual posting was referring to "sweet" high glycemic index fruits which is why they choose not to have them

Posted by: Wild_Belle ()
Date: July 01, 2014 05:36AM

Thank you very much Sproutarian. Those are a lot of good thoughts.

I have type 1 diabetes, candida, and chronic Uti's.

Also, I'm only asking for constructive advice and thoughts here. No need to be condescending. Yes, avacados are technically a fruit but digest easily with vegetables and, as someone pointed out, and to point to the reason why I don't eat "fruit", it is because of their high sugar content.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 01, 2014 06:26AM

I understand this is not what you're asking,

but since people have healed of diabetes, candida and uti's while eating fruit,

that belief does not seem valid to me,

and it makes your diet much harder as you're finding out.

at least morning and/or noon meal you may want to try some fruit, see how it goes.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: July 01, 2014 08:49AM

Wild_Belle Wrote:
> Thank you very much Sproutarian. Those are a lot
> of good thoughts.
>
> I have type 1 diabetes, candida, and chronic
> Uti's.
>
> Also, I'm only asking for constructive advice and
> thoughts here. No need to be condescending. Yes,
> avacados are technically a fruit but digest easily
> with vegetables and, as someone pointed out, and
> to point to the reason why I don't eat "fruit", it
> is because of their high sugar content.

Do you know the severity of how fruit impacts your blood sugar? How do you react after eating low GI fruits like berries, grapefruit, and apples? Have you been checked for a lingering viral infection that could be producing antibodies against your pancreas?

For diabetes, you may find benefit from curcumin, astaxanthin/flavangenol combo, 1-2 grams of chlorella every 3-4 hours, panax ginseng, chromium, broccoli sprouts, fenugreek sprouts, exercising, intermittent fasting, and vitamin D3. Also, ginkgo biloba can help prevent diabetic retinopathy (failing eyesight) and peripheral vascular disease.

For candida, chlorella, probiotics, olive leaf extract, extra-virgin coconut oil, curcumin, wheatgrass juice, garlic, echinacea, oregano oil, 10-Undecenoic Acid and colloidal silver should help. Maybe take double the amount of probiotics since some of the other treatments could potentially kill off some healthy bacteria, but take them alone, preferably with water when you wake up in the morning. Colon hydrotherapy may also be helpful, and of course, exercise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2014 08:51AM by jtprindl.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 02, 2014 02:08AM

Wild_Belle Wrote:
> Thank you very much Sproutarian. Those are a lot
> of good thoughts.
>
> I have type 1 diabetes, candida, and chronic
> Uti's.
>
> Also, I'm only asking for constructive advice and
> thoughts here. No need to be condescending. Yes,
> avacados are technically a fruit but digest easily
> with vegetables and, as someone pointed out, and
> to point to the reason why I don't eat "fruit", it
> is because of their high sugar content.

I am not trying to be condescending. Diabetics can eat sweet fruit. See Dr. Cousens' documentary on it--sure it's up on the Tubes. Candida, also. I have heard of many fruitarians who gorge on fruit and had candida. If you think about it, telling people that they cannot eat fresh fruit seems counter-intuitive. What else could be better for you than fruit?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables