Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

seeds and peels that can be eaten
Posted by: intrstelr ()
Date: July 01, 2014 02:48PM

Was reading about pumpkin seeds n sesame seeds, etc. being nutritious. Got me thinking about what seeds can or cannot be eaten. So apparently if someone eats a pumpkin, they should include the seeds. Many foods, we are told to get rid of the seeds. Such as watermelon, though I've heard of people eating them, n a raw food co. sells watermelon seeds for consumption. I think the white ones. Also heard some citrus seeds are okay to eat. So which ones are poisonous n not poisonous? Are people leaving out important nutrients by tossing many kinds of seeds? Also, some citrus peels can be eaten, but many places add wax to theirs, without saying they do. Which fruits n veggies can have peel included, n how nutritious? Would a watermelon rind make someone sick, for instance? There are so many opinions, hard to know what can n cannot be eaten. When eating an orange, people often leave the white middle part out. Would that be okay to eat?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: seeds and peels that can be eaten
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: July 01, 2014 02:55PM

"Would a watermelon rind make someone sick, for instance?"

No, in fact, watermelon rind is allegedly great for guys who have trouble 'getting it up' due to its citrulline content, which is primarily found in the rind.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 01, 2014 03:51PM

you could tap into your senses, and a million years of evolution....

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: October 09, 2014 02:59PM

13 Great Benefits of Eating Avocado Seeds [omtimes.com]

Posted by: brome ()
Date: October 09, 2014 07:19PM

A film clip showing a gorilla eating a banana - as you would expect he peeled it and ate the core just as any human would. But then he ate the peel too!

An apricot grown in mountainous southern Asia has an edible nut.

People make marmalade out of orange peels. Teas are flavored with the oil from orange peels - ie Earl Grey with Bergamot.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 13, 2014 05:13PM

Maybe the gorilla was just too hungry so he ate the peel too.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 13, 2014 10:16PM

I ate seeds from watermelons and they were surprisingly soft. I also made a drink by putting the seeded watermelon (without rinds, though) in the Vitamix and it made a nice concoction. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables