Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

1 year vegan!
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 03, 2014 12:36AM

I am approaching my 1 year Anniversary of being vegan! I told myself at any point that I don't like it, or if it becomes 'too difficult' I can stop.However...that hasn't happened! I love it! Although I am not raw, I do find that without really thinking about it, produce has become more appealing, especially with the hot and dry summer days where I live now.

I will have a physical with lab work at the end of August, just to see how well objective evidence matches with my experience of feeling much healthier, better.

The one year mark is supposed to be significant because I have heard it takes that long for all the microflora in the intestines to change over, perhaps there are other things that take this long to change?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year vegan!
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 03, 2014 01:20AM

Congrats! so happy to hear. grinning smileyDDD

Date: July 03, 2014 01:21AM

Thank you Utopian Life!

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 03, 2014 01:30AM

Congrat, Mislu! smiling smiley I was just thinking about you and was planning to check to see if your profile was active. What sorts of benefits have you noticed in the past year?

Date: July 03, 2014 01:51AM

I noticed a big improvement in vision. I compare this to cleaning a window, like removing all the dust. While that has improved, I still wear glasses, so the distance vision hasn't improved. Something has changed and I like it. I am not sure what did that, but maybe I don't need to know everything. Just accept that the vision has improved.

My blood lipids are down, sugar down. But I didn't really have a problem with sugar, but my cholesterol was a bit high. Blood pressure is good, but I dont recall really having a problem.

I feel cleaner, difficult to describe. Its like taking a bath internally. I think I feel more compassion, and don't feel the negative emotions as strongly. I guess it would be more accurate to say that I feel them from time to time, but not as intensely and my reaction to them is different. Although I started the diet for health ideals, I think I do feel more compassion for animals. Anything animal just doesn't register as 'food' for me anymore.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: July 03, 2014 02:59AM

Yes, congrats. What a beautiful way to love yourself!

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: July 03, 2014 03:13PM

I am so happy for you Mislu. This is great!!! Glad you're feeling better in general. That is why I like it also for me.

Yea!!!!!!

Date: July 03, 2014 05:05PM

Thank you Prana, and Vermont

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables