Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Too much nutrients in sprout / veggie juice
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 03, 2014 02:28PM

You can easily get TOO much nutrients by ingesting sprout/vegetable drinks.

The below levels are EASILY achievable while drinking sprouts and other vegetables.

This level of intake causes many negative symptoms.

Prolonged intake of zinc ranging from 50-150 mg/day can lead to:

Disturbance of copper metabolism, causing low copper status, reduced iron function, red blood cell microcytosis, neutropenia and reduced immune function.
It can also lead to reduced levels of high-density lipoproteins and so it has been suggested that excessive zinc intake may be atherogenic.[5]
Excess zinc can also affect cardiac function and can impair the pancreatic enzymes amylase and lipase

The tolerable upper intake level for iron is 45 milligrams per day

calcium upper limit is 2500 mg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Too much nutrients in sprout / veggie juice
Date: July 03, 2014 10:09PM

Pthhh.

Remember that iron and zinc are much less bioavailable from plants. Also remember that copper is high in plant foods also, and not highly bioavailable either, so if zinc is high along with iron and copper and the ratios are reasonablky favourable so they work togeather well, all should be good.

Alarm bells are being raised for absolutely no reason. Now...if we were taking synthetic supplements, that would be an entirely different ballgame.

As for all this stuff about amylase and lipase...pthh. All will be o.k when taking plant juices, and extra o.k when taking the mighty fermented nuts in rye sprout juice...a virtual amylase and lipase factory at it's highest levels possible!!!

Fresh: are you misinterpreting the data by using info applying to synthetics and then applying it to plants? Where is this information source? I would like to see the link so we can bust the nonsense talk.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: July 03, 2014 10:21PM

I don't think I am misapplying the information and it does not apply only to supplements.

as far as references, you can use any nutrient table and any nutrient excess limit reference out there, they are widely available.

It's something to consider for those who wish to do so.

I could say the same thing about you unnecessarily raising alarm bells about what you call the NH diet.

the point is people are always jabbering about deficiency and never consider excess.

Date: July 03, 2014 10:42PM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think I am misapplying the information and
> it does not apply only to supplements.
>
> as far as references, you can use any nutrient
> table and any nutrient excess limit reference out
> there, they are widely available.
>

I am not going to buy into such talk Fresh. No way! There is a big difference, and those differences were mentioned above in regards to ratio balances and synthetics in my above post.

One point l will mention of critical importance comes from the literature. Having a wide varied diet is very very important in regards to phytochemical anti oxidants. Having a wide spectrum of phytochemicals is important, infact, a wider spectrum of phytochemicals in lower amounts has more protective anti oxidant action that higher amounts of a narrower range of phytochemicals. That's why l say to have 4 - 5 different seaweeds, a variety of weeds, a variety of sprout juices, a variety of algaes, a variety of nuts/seeds, a variety of sprouted grains and a variety of legumes. Sprout diets can get over 38 different foods, and we shouldn't restrict ourselves to limited variety.

>
> I could say the same thing about you unnecessarily
> raising alarm bells about what you call the NH
> diet.

I raise very good alrm bells with this diet. Also...how many different foods does a N.H diet contain for most people? 20 foods, 30, 40 or more? Remember, a wide range of phyto chemicals has better anti oxidant action than from a narrow range of foods. BUT...there is always the problem of post harvest food deterioration from mass food delivery systems. + the nutrient ratio problems.

You are hoping the WHO data is correct, but that is very iffy as various folks have mentioned. But the big thing is...how do we bring ratios of nutrients in the N.H diet into more favourable balance so the nutrient dissonace becomes one of synergy?

>
> the point is people are always jabbering about
> deficiency and never consider excess.

Oh no, l am very aware of excess, particularly in relation to consistantly high phytochemical intake from a narrow range of phytochemical intakes.

Phytochemicals are the most interesting things ever, It's fascinating what they do. I have a big book of phytochemical studies and it is mind blowing to read what they do.

Remember Fresh...we need our phytochemicals from a wide range of foods, but post harvest fruit and veggie purchase can greatly compromise such wonderful things, and if we mainly eating the same type of food everyday we can be missing out on various phytochemicals working togeather to create a more protective effect.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2014 10:48PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: July 03, 2014 11:05PM

It appears that a lot of your food is not fresh.
But I suppose you have your reasons.
Hopefully You're dealing with the dehydration properly and
hydrating.

Plenty of variety over time with the "nh" diet.

Plenty of phytochemicals.

You did see the recent post where the 40 day faster had proper amounts of nutrients? hmmmm.

Synergy! I'm swimming in synergy, I'm awash in synergy.

I went surfing today. Wasn't tempted to eat any seaweed. ;-)
But I understand why people concerned about nutrients do so.

Thanks for sharing your view.

I am happy that you are doing what works for you.

Date: July 03, 2014 11:15PM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Plenty of variety over time with the "nh" diet.
>
> Plenty of phytochemicals.

Hmmm, are you taking into account post harvest purchase losses. If some phytochemicals can lose 80% after only 10 days, what about the potential huge losses of other phytochemicals that science hasn't measured yet? We have got to be careful, because as the science says, the post harvest losses are likely miuch worse than we think they are.

>
> You did see the recent post where the 40 day
> faster had proper amounts of nutrients? hmmmm.

Was this a nutrient absorption test or the usual blood test from the public system? If it is a nutrient absorption test, l am all ears. If it is the usual cheap public blood tests, l have no interest in paying that any attention because it is inclusive nonsense.

A proper B12 test will cost about $120. Proper blood testing costs thousands.

>
> I went surfing today. Wasn't tempted to eat any
> seaweed. ;-)

Pity.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: July 03, 2014 11:35PM

"Was this a nutrient absorption test or the usual blood test from the public system? If it is a nutrient absorption test, l am all ears. If it is the usual cheap public blood tests, l have no interest in paying that any attention because it is inclusive nonsense."

All he's referring to is another member's post about how he knows someone who fasted for 40 days straight and had perfect levels of nutrients post-test. He didn't provide any details or evidence, though.

Date: July 04, 2014 12:36AM

yes, I would be interested in mosley's source as well.

make sure you don't have any nutrient overload symptoms, gotta be careful with that diet you're on with all that non fresh stuff and excess nutrients causing imbalances.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables