Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

shingles
Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: December 07, 2006 05:05PM

Funny thing that just as I decided to do a raw cleanse I had my first attack of shingles. I don't think that they are related but, the timing seems right. has anyone had history with these and what happened after going raw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: shingles
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 07, 2006 11:51PM

I had my first and hopefully only attack last year. Let me say first they realy need to find a better name, shingles really doesn't convey the pain well enough and in fact sounds quite benign.

Anyway, someone tried to tell me it was because I had been eating so many strawberries so I checked with a doctor and although I guess no one knows for sure what is the cause, he was comfortable telling me that I did not have to give up any fruit or vegatables that I had been eating.

After doing some research,and reading about people that have symptoms for years presumably from waitng or miss-diagnosis I did however decide that it was not something that I wanted to mess with and got the medication to take care of it quickly.

JMO YMMV.

Re: shingles
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: December 09, 2006 11:10PM

I have sore slightly swollen sensitive itchy skin that started around my mouth and has spread down under my chin and actualy my whole face, not so much the forehead. My guess, (and it's just a guess), is that it could be from the botox I had injected into my lips about 4 years ago.
This happened shortly after I started upping the raw fruit in my diet about a week ago. Still have some "cooked" food occasionally but I'm going as much as possible with the raw.
At first I thought it was from unripe pineapple but not anymore.
I'm pretty sure it's my body detoxing. I just read that raw diet is like a slow fast. Kind of exciting actually.

Dulset

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables