Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Re: She Said, She Said: Freelee Versus Kristina! Would love John Rose
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 13, 2014 12:25AM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> banana who
>
> -------------------------------------------------
> ------
> > <
> > <>
> >
> > was this a question or a statement
>
>
> Why a question, of course... eye rolling smiley>>
>
> and... what is your definitive conclusion

I will go with your veiled implication that I am immature! grinning smiley

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: July 13, 2014 01:28PM

Speaking of Harley and Freelee, have you seen the video where Megan Elizabeth interviews Michael Arnstein and he finally talks in depth about Harley and Freelee? What do you think about all he says in this video?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: July 13, 2014 02:08PM

Ela2013 Wrote:
> Speaking of Harley and Freelee, have you seen the
> video where Megan Elizabeth interviews Michael
> Arnstein and he finally talks in depth about
> Harley and Freelee? What do you think about all he
> says in this video?
>
> [www.youtube.com]

I watched it and read all the comments. It made the bad situation worse, IMO. And, Good Lord, in the comments section that wife of his bumped up that worse several magnitudes - poor guy.

I don't know the guy at all and am just basing my following assessment on that video and I may be completely wrong but he seems like just a lonely confused man who married the wrong woman and that needs to grow a pair so he can take the reins in his household and life or nothing is ever going to go right for him or his family or this situation. That's what he had better do and is my unsolicited nosy unsugarcoated tip to him to earning some respect in this world and the next. Period/

Date: July 13, 2014 02:36PM

Ela2013 Wrote:
> says in this video?
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Ela for the Scoop of the Millennium!

Can't wait to get into this video! Plus I will subscribe to the channel. As I said before, I found a documentary of theirs to be very inspirational.

Date: July 13, 2014 02:50PM

banana who Wrote:
> Ela2013 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Speaking of Harley and Freelee, have you seen
> the
> > video where Megan Elizabeth interviews Michael
> > Arnstein and he finally talks in depth about
> > Harley and Freelee? What do you think about all
> he
> > says in this video?
> >
> > [www.youtube.com]
>
>
> Ela for the Scoop of the
> Millennium![www.freesmileys.org]
> ey-shocked008.gif
>
> Can't wait to get into this video! Plus I will
> subscribe to the channel. As I said before, I
> found a documentary of theirs to be very
> inspirational.

Yeah, you lose your gossip queen crown to Ela on this one. This video has been up for weeks.

Glad you're signing up to keep on top of these things in the future. Let us know if anything comes of anything. If I thought anything will change I'd watch myself.

Date: July 13, 2014 05:45PM

It was interesting to hear Michael's take on it. I am not familiar with him but he seems basically sincere. And he was very generous about Harley yet also firm about his decision to trash the fest and how uncool that is.

What I am wondering is if the WFF is lagging in registrations...

Date: July 13, 2014 07:07PM

Ela2013 Wrote:
> says in this video?
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Your turn, Ela, What do you think?

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 13, 2014 07:47PM

very good video. I really appreciate the depth mike went into .

seems like it needed to happen - couldn't coexist.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: July 13, 2014 08:25PM

Mike is much more conscious than Harley.

Date: July 13, 2014 08:39PM

Prana Wrote:
> Mike is much more conscious than Harley.

One thing I liked a lot about his response to the controversy was how he said he understood who Harley was. So he didn't just chastise him or write him off; he actually identified with a lot of Harley's mindset (due to past experiences). I was reading comments and someone described him as humble and I would have to agree! And not just a fake humility--he genuinely seemed like a good guy.

I still don't understand how Freelee and Harley could get so upset that these people want to keep the fest pure and not add cooked foods. They were still invited to come--I think it was a huge mistake on their parts due to ego issues. And then they tried to take down everyone associated with it. What is up with that?

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: July 13, 2014 08:43PM

Well, I really like Michael, I've been following him from the beginning when I first went vegan then raw vegan. I think he said some true things about this whole situation.

It's obvious that a festival that's all about raw vegan food can't and won't promote cooked vegan food. Michael is defending the festival he created for the right cause. He has an important role in the vegan community and for me at least, he had a great impact and was a good inspiration and motivation.

On the other hand, he is right about Harley and Freelee getting hooked back into cooked vegan food. Cooked food is indeed an addiction and that's how I see it at this point. To me cooked food was a huge addiction and I remember I went through a lot to get out of it, it took me a lot of time with going back and forth. I agree that they promote a diet easier for everyone, but not everyone feels the best on cooked food.

I think that promoting cooked food (with such passion so to say) is also covering up their addiction to cooked food and making up excuses to justify their choice (at some point Freelee even says that she can't wait to have the cooked meal at night and she is looking forward to it the whole day). This is what I myself used to do when eating cooked food - I was liking it so much that I would always find excuses that at least it was vegan and healthy carbs. But it's not like that at all.

The shift in their focus changed so much in time that it almost makes the raw vegan diet seem impossible (which isn't). Where did all those studies encouraging the raw vegan diet go? What happened to all their statements and enthusiasm when promoting a raw vegan diet and lifestyle back in the good old days? Listening to them now, I almost feel discouraged to ever try go raw vegan. To me, this shift is just too sudden and too dramatically different.

I agree with promoting a healthy vegan diet that works for some/most people, but I don't agree with making the raw vegan diet look so bad - like saying that if you still want to have your cucumbers and lettuce for dinner, then yeah, go ahead. I happen to love my evening salads with lots of cucumbers and tomatoes and lettuce and yeah, I look forward to them each time.

They always say fruit is the king, and to have cooked food just as a back-up plan, but Harley is in Thailand now and he is still eating tons of cooked carbs, even if there is an abundance of fruit, the fruit paradise as he says. Once you start eating cooked food every day, that's no longer a back-up plan, but a regular part of your current diet.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't post the link to this video as a gossip, but as a new and relevant discussion about what's been happening in the vegan community. And I thought that maybe you haven't seen it yet.

To me, this video brought a different perspective. It's sad though that so many raw vegan personalities aren't raw or even vegan, I didn't know some of the things being discussed. But in the end it's their life and I am no one to judge, I'm just saying what I've noticed during all this time (and these things can't go unnoticed).

I like them all, they all had an impact on me and helped me on my journey to finding the raw vegan path. And I will continue to follow them all, even if Harley and Freelee now promote cooked food which doesn't serve my personal goal. But their videos and message are most of the time about many things other than the food. And I do like and follow other high carb low fat vegans on Youtube, even if they don't promote all raw, but they have great personalities and inspire me to make the changes I find suitable for me (and which are not food-related - like going out in nature more, living a minimalist life, etc.).

As I said before, this is purely my own personal opinion and it's the opinion of a very passionate raw vegan. But in the end, the essential true message should be "Go Vegan!".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Date: July 13, 2014 09:27PM

Prana Wrote:
> Mike is much more conscious than Harley.

I feel Mike is a pretty special man. I feel he has done much good in previous lives and has come to this planet as a vacationer to help others. He seems to have a comfortable life and be able to live well on high fruit diets, and this puts him in a unique category. To me he decided to come to this planet to give mankind an important message that we can live on high fruit diets when we have reached a certain level of evolvement. He may not meditate and act divine because he has forgotten who he is, but he seems to have earned major points in previous lives to be able to do what he does. I have good respect for him and will continue to follow this nice man with much interest.

I still think he needs to be careful in promoting the lifestyle he does because not everyone can do what Mike does. But l guess he shows what is possible when you reach a certain point, ie, he is playing a role in awakening the subconsciousness of mankind.

Bravo Mike...may the glory continue to shine upon you, and may your light continue to shine from within. I definitely have a soft spot for this fruitarian.

Regards The Fruitarian: The Sproutarian.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: July 13, 2014 09:49PM

Ela2013 Wrote:
> Well, I really like Michael, I've been following
> him from the beginning when I first went vegan
> then raw vegan. I think he said some true things
> about this whole situation.
>
> It's obvious that a festival that's all about raw
> vegan food can't and won't promote cooked vegan
> food. Michael is defending the festival he created
> for the right cause. He has an important role in
> the vegan community and for me at least, he had a
> great impact and was a good inspiration and
> motivation.
>
> On the other hand, he is right about Harley and
> Freelee getting hooked back into cooked vegan
> food. Cooked food is indeed an addiction and
> that's how I see it at this point. To me cooked
> food was a huge addiction and I remember I went
> through a lot to get out of it, it took me a lot
> of time with going back and forth. I agree that
> they promote a diet easier for everyone, but not
> everyone feels the best on cooked food.
>
> I think that promoting cooked food (with such
> passion so to say) is also covering up their
> addiction to cooked food and making up excuses to
> justify their choice (at some point Freelee even
> says that she can't wait to have the cooked meal
> at night and she is looking forward to it the
> whole day). This is what I myself used to do when
> eating cooked food - I was liking it so much that
> I would always find excuses that at least it was
> vegan and healthy carbs. But it's not like that at
> all.
>
> The shift in their focus changed so much in time
> that it almost makes the raw vegan diet seem
> impossible (which isn't). Where did all those
> studies encouraging the raw vegan diet go? What
> happened to all their statements and enthusiasm
> when promoting a raw vegan diet and lifestyle back
> in the good old days? Listening to them now, I
> almost feel discouraged to ever try go raw vegan.
> To me, this shift is just too sudden and too
> dramatically different.
>
> I agree with promoting a healthy vegan diet that
> works for some/most people, but I don't agree with
> making the raw vegan diet look so bad - like
> saying that if you still want to have your
> cucumbers and lettuce for dinner, then yeah, go
> ahead. I happen to love my evening salads with
> lots of cucumbers and tomatoes and lettuce and
> yeah, I look forward to them each time.
>
> They always say fruit is the king, and to have
> cooked food just as a back-up plan, but Harley is
> in Thailand now and he is still eating tons of
> cooked carbs, even if there is an abundance of
> fruit, the fruit paradise as he says. Once you
> start eating cooked food every day, that's no
> longer a back-up plan, but a regular part of your
> current diet.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I didn't post the link to this
> video as a gossip, but as a new and relevant
> discussion about what's been happening in the
> vegan community. And I thought that maybe you
> haven't seen it yet.
>
> To me, this video brought a different perspective.
> It's sad though that so many raw vegan
> personalities aren't raw or even vegan, I didn't
> know some of the things being discussed. But in
> the end it's their life and I am no one to judge,
> I'm just saying what I've noticed during all this
> time (and these things can't go unnoticed).
>
> I like them all, they all had an impact on me and
> helped me on my journey to finding the raw vegan
> path. And I will continue to follow them all, even
> if Harley and Freelee now promote cooked food
> which doesn't serve my personal goal. But their
> videos and message are most of the time about many
> things other than the food. And I do like and
> follow other high carb low fat vegans on Youtube,
> even if they don't promote all raw, but they have
> great personalities and inspire me to make the
> changes I find suitable for me (and which are not
> food-related - like going out in nature more,
> living a minimalist life, etc.).
>
> As I said before, this is purely my own personal
> opinion and it's the opinion of a very passionate
> raw vegan. But in the end, the essential true
> message should be "Go Vegan!".
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ela, I agree, he does seem like a very likable nice man but if he is really eating fish he hasn't got a lot of room to talk about the joke of a "backup plan" diet H & F are on, does he?

It would be nice if all the raw food leaders would stop lying about what they are eating. Until they do I am going to think of them more as shepherds than as honest leaders. I don't care how nice/humble/ they appear. Things are not right in the raw food world and it's time for these people to clean up their acts. IMO.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: July 13, 2014 09:52PM

TSM, "To me he decided to come to this planet to give mankind an important message that we can live on high fruit diets when we have reached a certain level of evolvement."

You write almost every post here stupidly warning people not to eat fruits and then you put your tail between your legs and say something like this. Didn't you feel the vomit in your mouth when you wrote this?

Date: July 13, 2014 09:54PM

Anon, there are always exceptions, and Mike seems to be one of them.

Date: July 13, 2014 10:10PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> Anon, there are always exceptions, and Mike seems
> to be one of them.

Did you miss the accusation that he's eating fish or are you choosing not to believe it? In either case - this waffling wishy washy stuff you keep pulling casts a very long shadow over everything else you say. Shall we call in an exorcist or something?

Date: July 13, 2014 10:40PM

SueZ Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> -----
> > Anon, there are always exceptions, and Mike
> seems
> > to be one of them.
>
> Did you miss the accusation that he's eating fish
> or are you choosing not to believe it?

I am well aware of Mike coming out about that. I believe he has done some occasional experiments in the past, but l do believe he now sticks largely to the program he promotes and avoids animal products.

>In either
> case - this waffling wishy washy stuff you keep
> pulling casts a very long shadow over everything
> else you say.

Your opinion. People can take it or leave it. People can reject my diet and spiritual message if they choose, l couldn't care less. I need no followers, l just want to follow my heart and mainly get the diet message out, and if people like the message, great, and if no-one does, so be it, l am doing it anyway.

All the shadows cast over me don't mean a thing. I don't care what anyone thinks because l know l am doing exactly what l am supposed to be doing. I certainly don't get any benefit from what l do, it is nothing but hard work, but l am here to help other people who are ready to take the next step to become enlightened, change their lifestyle and seek a better diet. I am here to show people the whole program if they wish, but despite largely focussing on diet, it is just one part of what l am about. For me, diet is just a pebble in a big ocean, but there is an entire universe to seize in comparison.

In sum, l am here to help people take it all the way if they wish, and that means getting enlightenment and following a good diet. But for most people, helping with diet is my main goal because not many are not ready to accept the responsibilites of enlightenment as yet.

I do accept that most will think enlightenment talk is just one big deluded fairytale, but one day they will find out what it really is....

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2014 10:46PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: July 13, 2014 10:50PM

Anon 102 Wrote:
Didn't you feel the vomit in your mouth when
> you wrote this?

Well apparently he didn't. People can be very very spooky.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: July 13, 2014 10:56PM

> Anon, there are always exceptions, and Mike seems
> to be one of them.

You're a real nutjob! There are many people doing a high fruit diet much longer than Mike, myself included, yet you go on and on about how fruit is bad and how it takes years for symptoms to appear. But lo and behold, Mike is an exception.

Date: July 13, 2014 11:35PM

> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
> > The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Anon, there are always exceptions, and Mike
> > seems
> > > to be one of them.
> >
> > Did you miss the accusation that he's eating
> fish
> > or are you choosing not to believe it?
>
>
> I am well aware of Mike coming out about that. I
> believe he has done some occasional experiments in
> the past, but l do believe he now sticks largely
> to the program he promotes and avoids animal
> products.

The accusation was a very resent one - while he's been living in Hawaii - AFTER he demoted H & F.

> >In either
> > case - this waffling wishy washy stuff you keep
> > pulling casts a very long shadow over
> everything
> > else you say.
>
> Your opinion. People can take it or leave it.
> People can reject my diet and spiritual message if
> they choose, l couldn't care less. I need no
> followers, l just want to follow my heart and
> mainly get the diet message out, and if people
> like the message, great, and if no-one does, so be
> it, l am doing it anyway.

I don't know what you are wistfully going on about. I'm talking about your jaw dropping inconsistency in what you profess to believe in. You seem to be very sure that being a sproutarian is the best diet but time after time, in a tidal wave of crazy, you fall all over yourself putting up this person or that under a dietary halo from heaven for their diet which you highly disapprove of. Don't tell us God told you to do it. We know better than that.

Date: July 13, 2014 11:46PM

Anon 102 Wrote:

>
>
> You're a real nutjob!

That type of talk is completely uncalled for. I don't need to be here and expose myself to this type of negative vibration, and l will not. Hopefully l will stay away from this place for good now. I will be trying not to share anymore information on this forum anymore, l will choose to use other avenues instead.

Suez: when l get those seeds l will let you know. After that l will request my account be locked so l never have to come back here again. The name calling above is completely foul and unacceptable to me, it is the last straw. It's not the name calling that's bad, it is the negative energy behind it...it is so abhorrent as to make me sick. I want nothing to do with such talk, and l refuse to be brought into that type of thing. I am absolutely disgusted.

I have nothing against you Anon, but l will NOT be a party to that type of talk, no way! That is completely the last straw.

Signing off and goodbye.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: July 14, 2014 12:14AM

TSM,

Really how advanced can you be if you get so upset about someone calling you a name? If you're not a nutjob then why would you care? It's only because you've been called a nutjob before and you think people might be right, that you're upset. Now apologize to anon for getting upset.. ha ha.

Suez,

>Ela, I agree, he does seem like a very likable nice man but if he is really eating fish he hasn't got a lot of room to talk about the joke of a "backup plan" diet H & F are on, does he?

This is the kind of sick nonsense that powerlifter used to spew. Good for you for taking up his torch. serves no purpose, but I suppose it feeds your ego, eh?

You are apparently unable to discern any difference between eating sushi who knows how many times (could be 1, who knows?) and Harley eating cooked every day?

> It would be nice if all the raw food leaders would stop lying about what they are eating. Until they do I am going to think of them more as shepherds than as honest leaders. I don't care how nice/humble/ they appear. Things are not right in the raw food world and it's time for these people to clean up their acts. IMO.

Worry about yourself, nutjob.
What they should do is do away with PIONEERS, make everyone pay their way, allow anyone to give a talk, and have cooked roots and veggies as an option since a lot of people are apparently doing that anyway off site.

Date: July 14, 2014 12:29AM

> Anon 102 Wrote:
> > Suez: when l get those seeds l will let you know.
> After that l will request my account be locked so
> l never have to come back here again. The name
> calling above is completely foul and unacceptable
> to me, it is the last straw. It's not the name
> calling that's bad, it is the negative energy
> behind it...it is so abhorrent as to make me sick.
> I want nothing to do with such talk, and l refuse
> to be brought into that type of thing. I am
> absolutely disgusted.

TSM if you want to go now you don't have to begrudgingly stay around just to tell me if you got your seeds or not. I can live without knowing that.

I don't think you understand how disturbing it is to witness what is going on with your completely changing your stance all the time - it may just be harder to experience than it feels to you, when you are called names, to watch you undermine and discredit yourself constantly without even seeming to be aware that that's what you are doing. I hope you find your way.

Date: July 14, 2014 12:53AM

fresh Wrote:

> What they should do is do away with PIONEERS, make
> everyone pay their way, allow anyone to give a
> talk, and have cooked roots and veggies as an
> option since a lot of people are apparently doing
> that anyway off site.

All hail fake egalitarian but glaringly real king of all dunces, fresh, who has all the right solutions. Amazing how nobody will listen to you and how everyone insists on living their lives and putting on their festivals by their own rules and not yours, isn't it, putz?

Who would go to your superiorly designed festival, simpleton? That's right, no one, not even the man you claim to be the conscious of little dg, big DG. Not even if you paid all your money for them to attend would they be tempted. Well I guess everyone has one idea and that was yours. Glad it's out of the way.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: July 14, 2014 12:58AM

Suez, it is necessary to call people simpleton? Do you realize that name calling and insults is grounds for getting banned?

Date: July 14, 2014 01:05AM

Prana Wrote:
> Suez, it is necessary to call people simpleton? Do
> you realize that name calling and insults is
> grounds for getting banned?

But it's ok for him to call me nutjob one post back from that? Is simpleton worse than nutjob?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2014 01:07AM by SueZ.

Date: July 14, 2014 01:10AM

Suez

"dunce,
putz,
simpleton"

I was obviously Just playing, keeping anon's meme going.
Your pointless insults while avoiding anything of substance take on a more nasty tone.

Posted by: Lois ()
Date: July 14, 2014 01:13AM

From gossip thread to attack mode. This is a tough board! You got rid of another one. Who's next on the hit-list? Fresh, Panchito.... It must be fun being part of the mean crowd; I guess you enjoy it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2014 01:19AM by Lois.

Date: July 14, 2014 01:18AM

fresh Wrote:
> Suez
>
> "dunce,
> putz,
> simpleton"
>
>
> I was obviously Just playing, keeping anon's meme
> going.
> Your pointless insults while avoiding anything of
> substance take on a more nasty tone.

You obviously were just playing? You are always baiting to annoy me like that.

Since you missed it I'll type it again slowly for you... the substance was this - start your own fake raw fruit festival if you want to have it your way.

Date: July 14, 2014 01:21AM

>You obviously were just playing? You are always baiting to annoy me like that.

you wouldn't last long as a fish.
maybe arnstein would eat you.

> Since you missed it I'll type it again slowly for you... the substance was this - start your own fake raw fruit festival if you want to have it your way

It was just a couple thoughts to compromise and be more inclusive. I really am stumped as to why you feel a need to respond like that, except that you feel a need to jump on anything I say.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables