Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

q's about salt
Posted by: intrstelr ()
Date: July 06, 2014 09:06PM

What types of salt do people on here use? I quit table salt over 2 yrs ago, around the time when I went vegan. Tried sea salt n that made me feel worse. Anyways, I've had some longterm illnesses for years, n I used to use incredibly too much salt on my food. As well as eating meat with excessive sodium, I would dump a ton of salt on my food, eat extra, extra butter, n stuff like that. I can't seem to tolerate salt anymore. I ended up nearly fainting last time I was trying to incorporate it into my diet, had to go to hospital. It was also really hot out, n polluted. I've felt better trying some pink himalayan salt, but Ican only take 2 or 3 pieces of it a day. My nose also, feels dried out from salt, n I'm thirstier. Himalayan pink salt crystals are bigger than other salt crystals. It's still not the recommended 500 mg a day, n I try to get the rest of my sodium from food. Do you think it's best to remain eating a small amt of the pink salt, n keep getting the rest from my diet? As far as dr's are concerned, noone has had anything to say about the sodium levels. How much do you think people actually need? Maybe it is not only from less sodium in soil than there used to be, but because a lot of water people drink contains less sodium?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: q's about salt
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: July 06, 2014 09:17PM

I'm a big fan of black salt (for it's high sulphur content), Himalayan salt, and Real salt. I no longer would touch salt that's been exposed to the elements or comes from the Pacific Ocean.

I do drink at least a gallon of good fluids a day so don't get dehydrated. I also don't have any swelling. There are highly absorbable minerals in salt which are hard to come by in food grown in depleted and artificially unbalanced soils.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 06, 2014 09:40PM

If you drink lots of fluids you probabbly need salt to avoid hyponatremia [en.wikipedia.org]

Previous answers as to what salt is best:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Dietary salt can cause autoimmune disorders

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: July 06, 2014 09:47PM

Will have to try black salt. I do notice beneficial effects of himalayan pink salt, but will have to stay at a small dose. Maybe 2 or 3 pieces a day is all I really need, along with the sodium content of fruit, vegetables, etc. I may just have to get used to putting salt back into my diet. How much salt do you use?

Date: July 06, 2014 09:59PM

intrstelr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will have to try black salt. I do notice
> beneficial effects of himalayan pink salt, but
> will have to stay at a small dose. Maybe 2 or 3
> pieces a day is all I really need, along with the
> sodium content of fruit, vegetables, etc. I may
> just have to get used to putting salt back into my
> diet. How much salt do you use?

I use 2 t. a day and am on Tavis Bradley's Conductivity Diet. He says do not be afraid of salt and I haven't had any reason to be afraid of it.

I think the black salt was one of the biggest factors for me in detoxing from mercury poisoning. It cleared the orange and yellow out of my iris' IMO.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 06, 2014 10:32PM

I thibnk that salt in the conductivity diet is a necessity, not a choice. ketogenic diets (Conductivity diet?) have a diuretic effect. Diuretic diets require a lot of drinking water. But if you drink lots of water you would need salt to avoid hyponatremia. Thus, Suez recommendation of salt is based on that premise.

Date: July 07, 2014 12:38AM

Panchito Wrote:
> I thibnk that salt in the conductivity diet is a
> necessity, not a choice.

I agree.

Date: July 07, 2014 01:11AM

Something that confuses me is how much salt is needed, and how much sodium from food. If someone gets their 500 plus mg of sodium from food, then how much salt do they need if they've gotten adequate sodium?

Date: July 07, 2014 02:42AM

intrstelr Wrote:
> Something that confuses me is how much salt is
> needed, and how much sodium from food. If someone
> gets their 500 plus mg of sodium from food, then
> how much salt do they need if they've gotten
> adequate sodium?

Who can answer you that without knowing the content of your entire diet and the conditions the food was grown in?

There are so many factors that come into play. Tavis says to add salt to all green drinks and to fruit like watermelon to compensate for the growing field's mineral depletion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables