Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Suggestion for TSM & NHers…
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 10, 2014 10:58AM

For those of us with a Passion to share our Message about Raw Food to the masses, I would like to offer some information on the Performance Equation, which will help all of us accomplish our Goal!

The Performance Equation is at the heart of my work to help me understand that there are 2 Key Issues - Knowledge & Willingness and these 2 Key Issues can be expressed in the Equation below.

Performance = Ability to Perform (Knowledge & Skill) / Opportunity to Perform X Willingness to Perform

So our Performance equals our Ability to Perform LIMITED by our Opportunity to Perform TIMES our Willingness to Perform. The first part of the Performance Equation that I want to point out to EVERYONE who has a Passion to share our Message about Raw Food has to do with our Willingness to Perform.

Obviously, our Willingness to Perform is a HUGE Problem of Knowledge because Knowledge is worthless unless we Apply it! For this reason, EVERYONE who has a Passion to share our Message about Raw Food has to Objectively Evaluate whether their “Preferred Version of Raw Food” is the Version that will help us reach the Tipping Point or their “Preferred Version of Raw Food” is the best Version.

Unfortunately, NO ONE KNOWS which Version is the best Version right now and even if we did KNOW which Version was the best, we have to Objectively Evaluate whether or not this Version will help us reach the Tipping Point and if it does NOT, then those that PROMOTE it have to STOP ATTACKING ANY OF THOSE OTHER VERSIONS THAT HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO HELP US REACH THE TIPPING POINT.

In other words, WE HAVE TO STOP SHOOTING INSIDE THE TENT.

Let’s overcome this Lack of Unity and put aside our differences right now and stop trying to Prove that our Version is the best or the only way.

This does NOT mean, however, that any of us must stop our work so we can all come to a consensus once we reach the Tipping Point.

This also does NOT mean that we don’t want to discuss and debate which is the best, but NOT do so in a way that keeps us from reaching the Tipping Point.

All this means is that we must offer a Unified Message to the Masses and that simple Message is RAW!

Once again, no one must abandon their work; however, if our Version can’t help us reach the Tipping Point, we have to STOP ATTACKING ANY OF THOSE OTHER VERSIONS THAT HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO HELP US REACH THE TIPPING POINT.

Peace and Love..........John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Suggestion for TSM & NHers…
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: July 10, 2014 12:56PM

"STOP ATTACKING ANY OF THOSE OTHER VERSIONS THAT HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO HELP US REACH THE TIPPING POINT."

Sounds like the M.D.'s model of protecting "their own" against any outside or new information which is where jr could have easily lifted the idea from. More likely though he lifted it from the street gangs thuggish clannishness file based on all thuggish clannish groups throughout history.

Ignore his ignoble artificial marketing strategizing. Follow your own flame on how to live your life not his crusty ember.

Date: July 14, 2014 02:57PM

Hey TSM,

I hope that you give this Performance Equation a lot more thought as it will help you on your mission.

Here's something else to think about - it's a quote from Dr. Gabriel Cousens followed by my thoughts based on Socrates...

“In the Talmud, Rabbi Yishamel said, ‘From the day that the holy Temple was destroyed it would have been right to have imposed upon ourselves the law prohibiting the eating of flesh. But the rabbis have laid down a wise and logical ruling that the authorities must not impose any decree unless the majority of the members of the community are able to abide by it. Otherwise the law and those who administer it get into disrepute.’” -Gabriel Cousens, M.D., “Conscious Eating” p. 218

“Socrates said that if the ideal cannot be realized in every detail, it is still worth describing as a standard to aim at.” -John Rose, see Plato’s “The Republic” p. 231

Peace and Love..........John

Date: November 03, 2014 11:19PM

Hey TSM,

Here is something else that should be of interest to you from my file on Stephen R. Covey and his book, "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People":

Habit 4: Think Win/Win

Thinking Win/Win means seeking mutual benefit in your human interactions. Covey points out that many people think Win/Lose. They internally believe, "If I win, you lose." Such people focus upon power and credentials, but have trouble building meaningful relationships. Such people drive other people away and are seldom extremely effective. Such Win/Lose thinking is encouraged and programmed into us by society.

Habit 4 - Think Win Win

The next of the 7 Habits is - Think Win-Win. This habit is again an attitude of mind. It concerns fostering an attitude that is committed to always finding solutions that will truly benefit both sides of a dispute. Solutions do not, of course, exist in themselves; they must be created. And, even if we cannot see the solution to a particular problem, it does not mean that no such solution exists. The win-win idea is not based upon compromise - that is where most disputes naturally end. But compromise is the result of not properly perceiving the possible synergy of the situation.

The more you practice this habit, the more committed you will become as you find solutions which truly do benefit both parties, where originally it looked as if no such agreement might be reached. Covey has amended the wording of this habit slightly in recent years to read: Think Win-Win or No Deal. This attitude works well because it liberates the individuals concerned from the effort of trying to persuade the opposite party to shift ground or compromise. The effort is instead spend on trying to understand, which is where habit 5 comes in - you see, they are also sequential.

Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: November 05, 2014 02:22AM

lol the sprout man doesn't want win win he wants to express his pain from fruit and opinions against it, as seen

life vs lifelessness

Date: November 12, 2014 07:02PM

<<<lol the sprout man doesn't want win win he wants to express his pain from fruit and opinions against it, as seen>>>

Hey Jonas,

Why do you think "the sprout man" is incapable of understanding and applying "Habit 4 - Think Win Win"?

Date: December 17, 2015 04:04PM

Here's a short Video clip worth watching...

[youtu.be]
2:55 MM
Now imagine you’re an author and I’m an author and we both write interesting books and we both have access to an audience of about 100,000 people. I read your book and I love it, so I decide to share it with my audience and as a result, you now have 1,000s of people buying your book and reading your ideas. You see this and think, “Who is this guy? Let me take a look at his book.” You start reading my book and think I have ideas that are valuable, so you decide to share it with your audience and as a result, I now have 1,000s of people buying my book and reading my ideas.

Notice how different this is from my creating a little creepy Amazon account, finding your book and leaving a bad review, hoping that this will deter a few people from buying your book, which will in turn somehow get them to buy my book.

Habit number 4 is: think win-win.

Stop thinking of everything as a zero-sum game. For you to win, another person does not have to lose. 3:54 MM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables