Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Before raw, where you a picky eater??..
Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: December 08, 2006 04:08AM

I am european and naturally I love food. I eat almost everything and anything but my tongue is not liking the raw too much LOL. I made raw hummas today and I tossed it out in the garbage. Bleck.
Before raw, where you a picky eater? If so, how did you adapt without starving lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Before raw, where you a picky eater??..
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: December 08, 2006 04:29AM

I have been a picky eater, especially when I was a child. But, perhaps its a bit different. I prefered blander, more simple food, but it had to be premium quality.

Does the raw humas recipe contain sprouts? I usually don't care for certain sprouts, especially not grain and lentils. But clover, mung beans are ok for me, along with alfalfa. But alot of people don't care for sprouts.

There are A LOT of raw foods to eat out there. I you need herbs and spices most of them are fine for a raw food diet. Be sure to start with the best ingredients to enjoy what you eat. If nothing appeals to you consider growing your own organic food! I have been in the process of preparing a garden from the ground up. Its alot of work, but i feel its necessary because most produce in my area is just not very good.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: December 08, 2006 12:47PM

I was not a picky eater at all!

I'm still adapting, I'll have to get back to you on that!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: December 08, 2006 03:14PM

I was def NOT a picky eater before raw - I LOVED food, all food, esp heavy rich fatty food.

On raw though, I am actually very picky!

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: December 08, 2006 04:07PM

As children, we seem to have something that tells us: "This can't be good, so I just say it stinks!" and "dead material is used for throwing at the parents, not eating!".

I love children.. =)

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: December 08, 2006 05:15PM

Healthybun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As children, we seem to have something that tells
> us: "This can't be good, so I just say it stinks!"
> and "dead material is used for throwing at the
> parents, not eating!".
>
> I love children.. =)

hehe, never thought about it that way. That's funny.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 08, 2006 07:10PM

I was a very picky eater.

My brother had a joke that my three food groups were : pizza, canned pasta (chef boy r' dee beef ravioli usually and Captin' Crunch (cerial).

I had maybe four or five servers of fruit and vegetables (besides potatos) a YEAR.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 08, 2006 10:16PM

I was always uneasy about meat, I hated it, but my dad told me I would get sick if I didn't eat it. When I left the house at 16 I still ate it once or twice a month, that was about all I could handle. But I had fish 1-2x per week.

I gradually incorporated more f+v in my diet, was never much of a bread eater, but I did like sweets, chocolate, things like that.

But going raw was a very mild transition for me because I was already eating a lot of f+v and lots of salads. Basically I just added more fruit, cut out rice and oatmeal, shifted to more nuts/seeds rather than oils, and ate more of my veggies raw.

I still do some cooked legumes. But some days, hardly at all or none. People tell me my skin looks better when I am all raw and that provides powerful incentive to keep it up.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: December 09, 2006 06:28AM

well, what would you all eat if you had NO knowledge of ideal foods?

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 09, 2006 08:32AM

Even if I knew nothing about nutrition, I'd still gravitate towards veganism because of the cruelty/environmental impact issues.

Even if I knew nothing about which foods were best for health, I'd still be a light eater, because I think thin is more attractive.

So I'd probably not be making choices too different. It's a little serendipitous, I think.

Date: December 09, 2006 06:14PM

Narz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was a very picky eater.
>
> My brother had a joke that my three food groups
> were : pizza, canned pasta (chef boy r' dee beef
> ravioli usually and Captin' Crunch (cerial).
>
> I had maybe four or five servers of fruit and
> vegetables (besides potatos) a YEAR.

Oh wow!!!

Date: December 17, 2006 05:29PM

Canned beans and peas, frozen veggies and my fav that I miss terribly.. curry noodles. =(

Posted by: tiffany martinez ()
Date: December 30, 2006 05:35AM

I grew up on a farm in iowa, had three organic gardens and countless fruit trees, briars and nut bushes and trees....

I was not picky in the sense that i refused to eat healthy food... but picky in the sense that the THOUGHT of french fries or potato chips made me nausious.....

Pavlov is my friend!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables