Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Matt Monarch went paleo
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: July 17, 2014 04:27PM

Nothing wrong with Matt Monarch wanting to eat cooked food or a whole dam goat roasted on a spit. God gives us freedom in these matters. We are omnivores.

I do not see it as "gossip" that some of us are pointing out that Matt has made a major change in his own life, his preachings, and what he sells - all without a major statement refuting and explaining his previous lifestyle. It goes with the territory to say, "I was wrong to carry on with 100% raw vegan foods for so long; it no longer works for me." But he instead slid it all under the radar in his slimy way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 17, 2014 04:38PM

By the way, Arnold Erhet ate cottage cheese for some reason.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: July 17, 2014 08:53PM

I believe that if you research the definition of "gossip" and are honest about this thread, you'll see that I'm using the term correctly.

Horsea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing wrong with Matt Monarch wanting to eat
> cooked food or a whole dam goat roasted on a spit.
> God gives us freedom in these matters. We are
> omnivores.
>
> I do not see it as "gossip" that some of us are
> pointing out that Matt has made a major change in
> his own life, his preachings, and what he sells -
> all without a major statement refuting and
> explaining his previous lifestyle. It goes with
> the territory to say, "I was wrong to carry on
> with 100% raw vegan foods for so long; it no
> longer works for me." But he instead slid it all
> under the radar in his slimy way.

Date: July 17, 2014 10:45PM

OK, I'm a gossip.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: July 19, 2014 12:41PM

Prana Wrote:
> Panchito, please don't post youtubes that you
> yourself haven't watched! You could be posting
> total spam

Prana, this thread subject line is a lie. Matt Monarch has not said or inferred in any way that he, personally, has gone paleo. His video is his same old pitch to newbies on how to use a stepping stone approach to slowly go vegan where he, as he ever does, recommends 99.9% stop short of going totally raw vegan because it is just too hard and crazy.

At 21:34 on the video Matt clearly states he is a 100% raw food eater.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 20, 2014 12:07AM

If the goal is health, then being 100% raw is not sufficient.

There are obviously other characteristics that people tend not to talk about in their zeal to be all raw, and thereby special, besides the fact that there is no consistent definition of raw.

So claiming to be all raw is essentially meaningless in and of itself, most people doing so engage in the ingestion of so called foods that fail to satisfy the other important characteristics.

The whole 100% raw thing produces very bad effects as far as hiding, guilt and competition.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 20, 2014 04:53PM

Horsea Wrote:
> Nothing wrong with Matt Monarch wanting to eat
> cooked food or a whole dam goat roasted on a spit.
> God gives us freedom in these matters. We are
> omnivores.

Not really. People do not eat animal flesh, they eat COOKED (processed) animal flesh. You could argue that people eat rocks. If you pulverize the rock and then put a spoonfull on a smoothy, then you eat rocks. That is altering the original material in to something new (with spices, salt, etc). People are also blindfolded to the assesiantion of the animal. That is also another form of altering the material. In this case, selling fish oil inside a pill is another method of mascarading the original material and altering the perception.

Date: July 22, 2014 06:52AM

Yes, it's true what you say. "Meat" in particular has to be drastically changed in order to be edible. No one can eat plain flesh.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 25, 2014 04:44PM

Horsea Wrote:
> Yes, it's true what you say. "Meat" in particular
> has to be drastically changed in order to be
> edible. No one can eat plain flesh.

Unfortunately, not so. Many traditional cultures routinely consume raw flesh and enjoy it. Japanese sashimi is one example, and other cultures encourage consumption of raw red meat, including organ parts.

I think you were correct the first time. We are omnivores, and our diets are our choice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2014 04:55PM by suncloud.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 25, 2014 06:13PM

“The person who is ignorant enough to believe that his nourishment depends on meat is in a horrible dilemma.” -George Bernard Shaw

“A man of my spiritual intensity does not eat corpses.” -George Bernard Shaw

"While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth?" -George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

“It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living by its purely physical effect on the human temperament would most beneficially influence the lot of mankind.” -Albert Einstein

“Vegetarianism serves as the criterion by which we know that the pursuit of moral perfection on the part of humanity is genuine and sincere.” -Count Leo Tolstoy

Date: July 25, 2014 06:19PM

Thanks John Rose for the quotes!

Date: July 25, 2014 06:41PM

suncloud Wrote:
> Unfortunately, not so. Many traditional cultures
> routinely consume raw flesh and enjoy it.

Unfortunately, not so. What happens is that they eat LOTS of cooked meat AND little of non cooked meat (like a sushi roll in a blue moon). So what is the percentage? Less than 1%. Drinking paint once in a while, does not make you a paint drinker.

Date: July 25, 2014 08:45PM

Panchito Wrote:

> Unfortunately, not so. What happens is that they
> eat LOTS of cooked meat AND little of non cooked
> meat (like a sushi roll in a blue moon). So what
> is the percentage? Less than 1%. Drinking paint
> once in a while, does not make you a paint
> drinker.

Unfortunately, not so. smiling smiley

First of all, Japanese in Japan eat raw fish in sushi and other raw fish dishes regularly - not just "in a blue moon". Raw fish sushi is typical daily fare and takes the place of a sandwich in a child's lunchbox.

Inuit diet often includes meals of raw meat, particularly seal (don't look at these images if you happen to be sensitive to such):

[www.google.com]

Traditional Ethiopian cuisine commonly includes favorite raw meat dishes:

[articles.latimes.com].

Tibetans traditionally ate raw yak meat, and often still do. Many now eat raw beef.

[books.google.com]

[www.chinaodysseytours.com].

The Nenet tribe in Siberia typically eat raw reindeer meat and blood in addition to frozen and boiled:

[www.arcticphoto.com]

Native Americans ate copious amounts raw meat immediately following the kill and then dried it raw for traveling (pemmican):

[www.native-americans-online.com]

Not my own personal choice of course, but it is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2014 08:52PM by suncloud.

Date: July 25, 2014 09:58PM

suncloud Wrote:
> Unfortunately, not so. smiling smiley
>
> First of all, Japanese in Japan eat raw fish in
> sushi and other raw fish dishes regularly - not
> just "in a blue moon". Raw fish sushi is typical
> daily fare and takes the place of a sandwich in a
> child's lunchbox.

lol [www.google.com]

> Inuit diet often includes meals of raw meat,
> particularly seal (don't look at these images if
> you happen to be sensitive to such):
>
> [www.google.com]
> t&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=z7PSU8bwCIn4o
> AS8hIHABA&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=596#facrc=_&im
> gdii=cjVri24Ke-sNXM%3A%3Bl44h6EU23DsuaM%3BcjVri24K
> e-sNXM%3A&imgrc=cjVri24Ke-sNXM%253A%3BQYOlDUGRSO3s
> 8M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Ffoto.ravna.no%252F500%252F
> 021507.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ar15.com%252Fa
> rchive%252Ftopic.html%253Fb%253D1%2526f%253D5%2526
> t%253D446434%3B341%3B500

[www.google.com]

> Traditional Ethiopian cuisine commonly includes
> favorite raw meat dishes:
>
> [articles.latimes.com]
> -raw-meat-20110714.

lol. Thats once in a blue moon

> Tibetans traditionally ate raw yak meat, and often
> still do. Many now eat raw beef.
>
> [books.google.com]
> A97&lpg=PA97&dq=Tibetan+nomads+eat+raw+yak+meat&so
> urce=bl&ots=b0Cy9xguKC&sig=RjFfPSVKfRU8GT0ILWMw6UY
> sH5o&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ML3SU5jpD8mBogTPh4LoDw&ved=0CCo
> Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=Tibetan%20nomads%20eat%20raw%2
> 0yak%20meat&f=false

[www.google.com]

> [www.chinaodysseytours.com]
> d.html.
>
> The Nenet tribe in Siberia typically eat raw
> reindeer meat and blood in addition to frozen and
> boiled:
>
> [www.arcticphoto.com]
>
> Native Americans ate copious amounts raw meat
> immediately following the kill and then dried it
> raw for traveling (pemmican):
>
> [www.native-americans-online.com]
> ican-buffalo.html

John James Audubon once noted that after the killing of a buffalo by his party, the surrounding group of Indians asked for 'certain parts of the entrails, which they devoured with the greatest Voracity.' Audubon was intrigued.

Sure, if you went to Australia 500 years ago, you could write about the canibals that used to live there.

> Not my own personal choice of course, but it is
> what it is.

If you go to Italy, some eat raw meat! If you go to Spain some drink raw blood. So? raw meat is loaded with parasites and their lives would very short if they eat it often. You Can drink paint, but your life is shortened too. If you go to Siberia, and nothing grows on the flooor, you eat what ever moves around. You could feed a cow meat too in their diet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2014 09:59PM by Panchito.

Date: July 25, 2014 10:33PM

Well of course, I agree Panchito; but my point was simply to say that the practice of eating raw meat DOES exist.

That's all I meant to say. Again, it's not my personal choice. I'm a Dr. Greger fan and a committed 100% vegan since 1986.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2014 10:35PM by suncloud.

Date: July 25, 2014 10:46PM

I never denied people eating raw meat. I was saying that raw meat plays a very minuscule caloric role while the cooked meat plays the biggest role. If they got fire (kitchen), they are cooking the meat. Therefore, they follow a cooked meat diet. Therefore, they are not really "omnivores" since they are chemically transforming the food. They can take all the pictures they want with a piece of raw meat during cultural ceremonies but at the time of everyday eating they go for the cooked meat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2014 10:52PM by Panchito.

Date: July 25, 2014 11:57PM

Hi Panchito,

I think you are correct that the practice of eating raw meat universally is waning. Hopefully, consumption of both cooked and raw meat will trend downward; since environmentally, today's level of meat consumption is not sustainable for our planet.

I look at it like this: I was born with a choice to make. I have chosen to live as an herbivore, regardless of whether the term "omnivore" is generally applied to my species or not.

And I don't really care what my ancient ancestors ate either. I care much more about what my descendants will eat.

So keep putting out those great Dr. Greger vids! The cover story of this month's "The Island Vegetarian" is: "How I Got Nine People (Including Me!) to Become Vegans After One Talk by Dr. Greger".

(!)

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: September 02, 2014 04:45PM

I read Carol Alts book and she eats prosciutto and Breseola and writes raw food books aligning herself with many raw vegans and promoting them and making like its part of raw life. So it is like she is both raw vegan and a meat eater to alot of people. When she is neither.

I seen her health show on fox news or something and you know what she on screen -samples cooked food all the time. And she eats popcorn. No. wishy washy if you ask me.

Raw meat, raw sushi, its gross. Nothing to do with raw vegan foods.

Look raw veganism is not for everyone. Men try it they lose alot of weight and stop. It takes a person who has a vision. Who is inspired. Who loves life and life force.

Yes Horsea, god gives us freedom. Matt can eat meat if he wants, of course, But something has to be said about integrity and believing in something, then turning around and believing the opposite, you have to say to yourself, it must all be false then. How do I know this is right?

Would you follow someone who cannot make up their mind? Buy their products, if their philosophy is "anything goes"?

“Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think that you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.” A.R.

Always know in your heart if something is good or evil for you. Do not compromise, and just be grey..but know inside.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2014 04:48PM by coconutcream.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables