Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vegan foods fattening?
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 27, 2014 12:48AM

I can't believe it, my partner just sent me an email about the most fattening foods. All the items are vegan! The article actually compared the amount of sugar in grapes to the amount of sugar in oreos!!! I just don't get it, not at all. I have never had any problem with grapes, but I do with processed foods. What is wrong with these people?

Another one was hummus. Its a cooked food product, with added oil. So it makes sense that it would be high in calories. But I can't eat very much of it, I feel full and satisfied. The article ends with saying something about some vegans are overweight.

on another note someone at work thought I wasn't eating real foods, because I wasn't including meat or dairy products. But before I could make a rebuttal we both had to get back to work. unbelievable....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vegan foods fattening?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 27, 2014 04:08PM

there are many articles floating around telling how goood is to eat icecream, butter, etc. They are very popular because it tells good things about bad habits. People love that stuff. Milk derivates and meat are junk that gives you alergic reactions, cancer, makes you fat, cadiovascular problems, autoinmune problems, etc. But people don't won't to hear the bad things about their habits. All you can do is to eat the way you want.

Date: July 28, 2014 01:24AM

Thank you Pachito,
I also recently heard someone at work say, "where do you get your protein". I dont know how many times I have heard that. I just sighed and turned and looked the other way more or less.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 01, 2014 04:59PM

Do you have a link to this list so we can tear it apart??

Date: August 02, 2014 02:06AM

Date: August 04, 2014 05:17PM

GRAPES and green juice make you fat????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2014 05:19PM by coconutcream.

Date: August 05, 2014 02:27AM

makes me think of a woman who told me that avocados makes her fat...She said this while eating a large plate of french fries.

Date: August 07, 2014 06:24AM

Have you ever had raw avocado "french fries" fresh out of the dehydrator? I did. OMG. When I was in Arizona.

Date: August 07, 2014 08:13AM

I have never had that, or even heard of it. Very curious.

Date: August 15, 2014 06:07PM

[www.youtube.com]

There is the recipe, tastes fattening...but not

Posted by: HH ()
Date: August 15, 2014 07:49PM

I knew a 300 lb. vegan once. He ate tons of potato chips and drank massive quantities of sugary soft drinks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2014 07:50PM by HH.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 16, 2014 01:19AM

coconut cream

HA HA.. very interesting
would of never thought of that

thanks for the avocado fries video

made me smile

smiling smiley

though... me... too lazy to dehydrate
but that doesn't mean i didn't enjoy watching it lolsmiling smiley

Date: August 16, 2014 02:00AM

Wow, that looks very tasty. However, I can't imagine it tasting like french fries. Which is fine by me, I never saw the appeal, even when I eat a standard american diet.

Date: August 16, 2014 02:32AM

Well, tastes like a french fry would taste if it was raw. hot salty fatty really good when I tried it. I never made it myself.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 16, 2014 07:50PM

What an article Mislu!

I only agree with this quote from Lisa Young, professor of nutrition, food studies, and public health at New York University: "If you add something to your diet, even if it’s something healthy, you have to take something out to make up for it, or you’re going to gain weight."

Well, yeah! That's the whole point of eating healthy food. You can eat it instead of unhealthy food!

The article goes down from there. Others quoted include a health psychologist, a public relations director for Hermes (a chain store boutique), and a person who enjoys eating hummus (supposedly a vegetarian writer, but whose writings are so obscure that Google can't find any).

The article's author appears to imply that we can have less calories by eating junk than by eating healthy. Right. Like no one ever eats more than 3 oreos.

Even if a person did eat a whole cup of hummus plus some carrot and celery sticks, that would come to less than 600 calories, which is a moderate-size lunch or dinner. Not many people will even eat that much hummus though.

Article doesn't make sense.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 16, 2014 09:41PM

Totally ignorant. Ignores the composition of each food.

There was this book called "Eat This, Don't Eat That." They would have segments on the "Today Show" and they'd show pairs of foods and "surprise" people with the calories. Totally nonsensical.

Ex: showing an avocado versus a cupcake and how the cupcake was actually less calories. Totally neglecting to mention that the cupcake was refined flour and refine sugar, hydrogenated oil, and the avocado had lipase, which was a fat-digesting enzyme, fiber, and a high percentage of water. The body would deal with each food in a totally different way and so the caloric content is just not indicative of how it would impact the body in terms of weight gain or loss.

Date: August 17, 2014 01:05AM

There is so much ignorance concerning natural vs. unnatural. The article seems to want to discredit Veganism. However, as everyone points out, there is healthy and unhealthy veganism. Its not fair comparing the two. Especially NOT choosing unhealthy vegan to represent all of veganism.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables