Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Zinger
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 29, 2014 01:23AM

I can't believe it, today someone at work delivered a zinger. Normally she is so kind and helpful, but today I felt like a target of frustration. It had to also be about diet also. I just hate that. She suggested that I need a bone density test because I don't consume dairy, and 'only eat banannas'. Its what I eat at work for convenience, just peel and eat. They dont have any idea about what I eat when I am not at work.

why do people do these things? I felt very upset, and still feel rather upset about it, almost like my reality was shaken. I told her about a study comparing bone density of omnivores and vegans. How that, after accounting for weight, age, and gender there was not significant difference. She just said very coldly, "whatever", and that was the end of the discussion. Its like she could say her half, but I wasn't allowed to. Very upsetting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Zinger
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 29, 2014 04:37AM

Sorry that happened to you Mislu! Doesn't seem fair, but maybe you can smile and give her a banana next time you see her. smiling smiley

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: July 29, 2014 10:32AM

Banana ice-cream is THE best in the world. When I eat it, any sadness goes away.
xxx

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 29, 2014 04:35PM

How does she know your business? Did you broadcast your diet to her on another occasion? It's always better to keep your practices quiet because these people get insecure and try and bring down those who are eating a better diet.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 29, 2014 09:23PM

tell her

" i used to have a drug problem, now i can afford them"

and keep eating...

Date: July 30, 2014 03:10AM

B who,
The topic just came up a few weeks after I started working there. My manager set up a spontaneous picnic and asked if I had a few dollars to chip in and get some hot dogs, chips and soda etc... I told him I dont eat meat, and can't eat potato chips. Of course that was something which drew attention. I really hate that it draws attention. Usually is expressed like I am doing something inherently unhealthy or extreme. Or that I am somehow doing something 'too' them. I have encountered this before.

I think this drew attention again as there was another social in the department because someone was leaving. Food was at the center of the farewell, with of course almost everything that I can't or choose not to eat. People who know better have asked me to have some fried chicken, that it 'won't kill you'. Another person invited me to have ice cream, stating that its 'gluten free'. I didn't eat anything, just had my bannanas that usually bring, and some nuts. I had a raw hot pepper, and really over heated my mouth.

I don't know if being truthful or turning down particular items is broadcasting. I honestly just wish that I could just be at the social, eat what I want...or not, and that would be ok. So far its making me feel outcast, simply for hearing some of the comments that I hear, which tends to make me feel rejected. Unfortunately, this was the first time I attempted to inform, because I thought I heard a question behind the criticism.

Maybe she thinks shes truely being helpful, but its difficult to really hear and understand that when its stated that way.

Date: August 02, 2014 02:52AM

There was another social at work today. However, today someone scooped out and ate only the corn in a meat soup!!! She said she wanted to eat more like me. I wouldnt eat corn cooked in a meat soup, but for her that was vegetarian. I think part of starting to be vegetarian is to think vegetarian. I hope she benefits from that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables