Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Oral Allergy Syndrome
Posted by: Manta91 ()
Date: July 30, 2014 06:39PM

Although I've yet to have this confirmed by an allergist, it seems pretty likely that I have oral allergy syndrome. For people who have OAS, the fruits you're intolerant of - in my case stone fruits, apples - are neutral to the system when cooked.

Does anyone else here have OAS? If so, do you think frozen or dried versions of these fruits may be tolerable as well?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oral Allergy Syndrome
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 31, 2014 02:21AM

it could be something temporary. Try again in like two weeks time.

Date: July 31, 2014 06:20PM

Unfortunately, it is not. I've had these reactions from raw fruits for about two years now, and while I've had no problem eating, say, applesauce or peach pie my lips become red and itchy if I eat them raw. I was wondering if freezing or drying these fruits may make them neutral the way cooking does.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 03, 2014 11:04PM

Manta91, could you be super-sensitive to some toxins found in inorganic fruit? Do you have the same reaction when you have high-quality, tree-ripe, ORGANIC fruit? I recall someone reporting have allergic reaction to inorganic bananas, but not to organic ones.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 04, 2014 01:18AM

Once my face blew up after eating globe grapes. I still do not know what happened. Maybe I have it.

Date: August 04, 2014 02:52AM

I eat mostly organic, with the only exceptions being produce only available to me conventional or when I'm eating outside my home. In this case, both of the apples I ate recently were organic. I hadn't had issues with apples prior, but two times in a row my mouth was red and itchy. I may try again when local green apples are in season, as these were imported and may not have been as fresh. I'm starting to, in addition to food allergies, suspect a sensitivity to mold.

I'll eventually get this confirmed by an allergist, but until my candida diet is up have to patient. Oh, well. I'll be thrilled if frozen cherries/peaches/etc. are tolerable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2014 02:53AM by Manta91.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables