Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw vegan diet for past meateaters
Posted by: intrstelr ()
Date: August 04, 2014 10:32PM

Just wondering, is there a huge difference in the amount that lifelong raw vegans eat, and the amount that raw vegans who were meateaters in the past? Do past meateaters have to eat more? Some talk about 10 oranges n stuff like that. One guy eats like 2 bags of tangerines, n was once a meateater. 5 apples for a snack is a lot for me, just barely being able to. Another q... do you think that after a person eats meat for most of their life, decades, n then decides to stop, will they still forever have some sort of problem from eating meat? Since they were eating dead animals. Pretty sickening n unnatural. I just became raw vegan in May 2014, but have been vegan since april 2012. I have had multiple health complaints, but many have resolved themselves since going vegan, n I feel tons.better after going raw vegan. I'm just wondering if I should make sure i eat as much as possible or what? Since overeating's just as unhealthy as not eating enough.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw vegan diet for past meateaters
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: August 05, 2014 02:03AM

As you eat more fresh raw food, you become more sensitive to your body needs.
Your body will tell you when it needs more food, even the type of food it needs.
That is the way it should be. It is not about the latest sensational lasagna recipe.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 28, 2014 05:20AM

I know we humans, are like vultures. Vultures waiting for the dead flesh to come around. Soon meat eaters will look like this.

Don't be like Miss Alt and eat raw meat like proscuitto or breseola. Thats gross and not raw vegan. Dont think its ok because she has a raw food book and promotes it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2014 05:22AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: August 28, 2014 04:36PM

the body is an amazing machinety of adaptation. There could be some initial weakness in terms of adaptation changes like for hormones or other substances that were derived from the diet before (and your body needs to make them now). But with time and perseverance, the body cleanses, adjusts, and strengthens the initial shortcommings. When a person encounters initial setbacks, they are usually temporary, not for life. There are lots of internal changes going on that make things complex.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 28, 2014 07:31PM

whoah coconut cream

that vulture humanoid pic is super scarrrry lolsmiling smiley

Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: August 30, 2014 10:42PM

It all depends on you and your needs? If you are hungry then eat more. Anyone who is gobbling down so much fruit is not going about it properly and or has some issues that are making them crave fruit, usually blood sugar issues. I feel...depending on your own needs this diet is really challenging for most and worse the sicker you are. Again, this diet IMO is evolving your body back to what it wants to be, needs to be. After eating meat for so long it could be an issue, but if you are strong and reasonably health then not so much. I think all who are doing this should consider how hard it is on them personally. If it is very difficult than IMO, one should use more wheat grass and algae's to keep their blood sugar and nutrients up to par.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables