Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

wondering why some vegans go to eating meat again?
Posted by: intrstelr ()
Date: August 05, 2014 03:44PM

Besides being disrespectful of other life, what are reasons some vegans go to eating meat again? I've seen this happening some, n it sickens me to think of how I used to eat meat for most of my life. I've gotten tons healthier since stopping n can't imagine eating a poor animal's decomposing corpse again.I've seen excuses people have, like they didn't get enough nutrition, really because they didn't eat the correct foods. Wasn't because of going without meat. Do you think one reason some may have nutritional difficulties from getting parasitic worms from yrs of eating meat?like I'm sure a huge tapeworm would cause some difficulty, n they are extremely common, many worms.from eating meat. The idea of people thinking they must have meat to survive is one of the sickest things ever.n of course people who eat meat are going to get some sort of problems from it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wondering why some vegans go to eating meat again?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: August 05, 2014 04:40PM

I now one that fell for the blood type diet (which is now debunked)

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 06, 2014 01:14AM

Maybe they didnt get into it for vegan reasons but wanted a tight ass.

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: August 06, 2014 02:14AM

That one raw/vegan girl (Natasha I think - she's on youtube) was concerned becasue her B12 was so low. According to her, that's why she went back to a non-vegan lifestyle.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 06, 2014 02:24AM

I work with someone that told me she used to be vegan, but that her weight was too low. She was told (I dont know from who) that she wasn't getting enough nutrients. I asked what in particular and she just said nutrients in general. The contradiction is that she is now eating meat, and she actually lost weight!!! Exactly what she didn't want. She also complained that she was going broke purchasing supplements.

Someone was listening in on the conversation, and actually said that there are more sensible ways to loose weight. We just both looked at him, and didn't say anything, simply because we knew he really wasn't listening, or just wasn't getting it.

Then at a resturant I went to recently, someone there said she was a vegetarian, but got sick, and had to start eating meat again, and that it took her a long time to recover. I think she thought I couldn't hear her, or maybe she intended for me to hear. I didn't have the energy to 'cross examine' her, but I am sure she wouldn't have wanted that any ways.

Well, I had a check up today, and so far everything looks really great. I am going to get blood drawn, and will get lab results sometime after that. The Dr. will look at hemoglobin, B12 levels, cholestrol and something else, I dont remember. I just got a nagging feeling because someone else at work said, "are you sure your not anemic'. SHe couldn;t wait to say that. because I think it bothers her. It just happened to be a time in the mid day when I usually feel really tired, no matter what I am eating or not eating... I just had to check. I am sure its fine.

Date: August 06, 2014 06:23AM

when they do lab tests for vitamins, i'd say they probably compare yours to meateaters, since that's believed by a large majority to be the correct diet. So its likely that vitamin levels are going to be different. Keep in mind all medical science is theory. Anyways, i can't remember what I read this on, but b12 is something found in the intestines n dirt or something. N some vitamins are manufactured from types of mold. Not to mention what all is in supplements. Its best to just eat healthy as possible n meat is not.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: August 06, 2014 04:33PM

Maybe jtprindl can tell us why. After starting a raw vegan diet he was giving raw advice left and right. Today, just a few months later he has fallen off the wagon and is back to eating meat again...allegedly.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 06, 2014 06:42PM

Date: August 07, 2014 12:04AM

I saw the most ridiculous article earlier. Talking about how some raw vegans do great for months or yrs, then are suddenly ill. n of course the instant reason given is lack of meat, which is totally not true. Completely sick how they said it. Like that the person needed organ meats, butters, and cod liver oil in their diet. Does this really sound like what people should eat? Barf.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 07, 2014 06:23AM

HA I looked at that blog. OMG. What a writer. I think its a joke, no?

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 07, 2014 08:24AM

intrstelr,
Thats something to keep in mind. I think there is a logical fallacy in there somewhere, I don't know what its formal name is called. But it has something to do with looking for the result to confirm what is already believed. Also knowing what the result 'should be' before hand. I am sure that someone advocating animal products could claim vegans are doing the same thing.

So...is there really a valid neutral test for any diet? I say I feel so much better being vegan, but someone has told me that isn't enough, and no evidence that it actually is better. Of course it had to be a former vegan to say that. But I keep in mind that she isn't happy with her change back to animal products, by her own admission, but I don't think she really recognized that she said that.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: August 07, 2014 03:03PM

sometimes people just want to change. In 20 years people can change their minds/diets like 20 times. It depends also on what they read, their circle of friends, etc.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 09, 2014 02:41AM

coconutcream, yes, she is making fun of the ex-vegans as of late who want fame for it. lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables