Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

falling off the wagon....
Posted by: dschare ()
Date: August 14, 2014 07:25PM

needless to say, my little bite of chicken today didn't agree at all with my stomach.... I lost my gall bladder in 2013, then have continued to have issues with my pancreas and liver..... vegan was advised, but I took it a step further to raw vegan. I've felt awesome since. why the brain fart today, idk... just plain stupid move on my part.... Back on track fast now, though...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: falling off the wagon....
Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: August 14, 2014 09:18PM

How would we feel and the chicken was taking a little bite of us.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 14, 2014 09:47PM

Hi dschare,

Congratulations on your recovery!

Just a friendly tip: If there's ever a temptation again, maybe try to remember this from the chicken's point of view. Whatever that bite of chicken did to your stomach, it did far far worse to the chicken.

If you never want to eat chicken again, maybe watch this video and then think hard about it. After doing those 2 things, you will not eat chicken again.

If raw is temporarily not enough, eat something cooked. Just stay vegan.

[secure.peta.org]

Date: August 15, 2014 12:22AM

Lesson learned... still transitioning, but doing better. Day by day process for me at the moment. I live in a house full of non vegans.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 15, 2014 03:43AM

Good! They may benefit from your consistency from here on....

smiling smiley

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 15, 2014 04:54AM

You need mental inspiration. Write about raw vegan foods, maybe watch some youtube videos on recipes, or start more conversations on here about how good it is and take photos of your food and share, and get back on track. Its all about the mind.

Date: August 15, 2014 12:59PM

I'm finding that out. Getting past cravings and breaking unhealthy habits is just mind over matter.. I've been reading posts on this site for a while. Learning from others helps more than we may think...

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: August 20, 2014 10:19AM

Why are you eating animals? SO MANY PLANT FOOD MEALS TO ENJOY! smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 20, 2014 10:18PM

commonsenseraw

<<How would we feel and the chicken was taking a little bite of us.>>

chickens take a bite out of everybody

but hey... we are all still here.... see?

my motto : chickens will always take a bite out of you... but then.. put some aloe vera on it.. and move on...

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 21, 2014 03:02AM

When I first went vegan, I had a nightmare about biting into a chicken leg. (Fried chicken used to be my favorite when I was losing my baby teeth.) My heart was pounding and I was so disappointed in myself. Then, I woke up and was super relieved it was only a dream.

I got a sliver of chicken, I think, that fell into the veggies at a Chinese buffet, I didn't know it until it was in my mouth. It tasted like death. If you've ever tasted a Chinese Century egg, you will know what I'm talking about. I quickly spit it out and had to gulp water to remove the decayed taste from my mouth. I was eating with a friend or otherwise, I would've rushed to the restroom and rinsed my mouth for at least two minutes.

deschare, I used to be SAD but had to change my diet for health reaons. I value my health more than the traditional Standard American Diet. I will smell something and it will be nostalgic but as you found if I get into animal products accidentally, my body immediately recognizes it.

Good luck on your health journey. Therese

Posted by: Raw4ever ()
Date: August 21, 2014 04:47AM

Sometimes people check back in with their old ways to see if they really are right about their newness. You did and discovered there is no doubt about it - living food is better.

It's a learning curve. It's great to know you've learned from your mistake. Failure is an important part of success.

As Bob Marley sang, "you got to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again"!!

Keep on keeping on!

Date: August 23, 2014 05:23AM

Yep. New to being vegan. Still learning, but taking it day by day... it'll be fine and easy peasy soon....

Posted by: Raw4ever ()
Date: August 24, 2014 07:58AM

dschare, most of us have had years of eating the wrong things and to retrain the brain takes determined focus BUT, you're right, it gets easier and easier. IMO, the reason it does is because your tastes change and living food becomes your preference.

If you're like me, you have to wonder what in the world we are ALL doing. It puzzles me to think that the entire human race eats corrupted food. How did that ever come to be? After all, human beings are the only animals that cook their food before they eat it. We leach the nutrients out with heat and water and eat the remains.

What's with that?

It's as though, as a species, we're a bit dim.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 24, 2014 07:53PM

Raw4ever,
I read an article in the National Geographic about traditional diets around the world. The article seemed to go back and forth on a number of issues. It made some statements that seemed to really support a plant based diet, then sort of went backward and seemed to imply that some small amount was ok or perhaps needed.

The article specifically did NOT support a raw foods diet, they think that the human digestive track would have too much of a difficult time extracting enough calories and nutrients. I seem to have heard that from a number of places. Is there some intial problem that might actually occur? To make people think this is true? and at some later time the digestion gets more efficient? Or is it just that people are just set in whatever they grew up on, or goin by whatever everyone does?

What gets me is that people can't see very obvious sources of food corruption. To some degree I can see being blinded by cooking, but processed foods, and all the artificial stuff, that should be obvious things to avoid, but people still eat them.

Date: August 25, 2014 04:49AM

My digestive tract is easier when i eat plant foods.. my stomach doesnt hurt, my pancreas relaxes, my liver gets a slight break.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables