Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New Language spoken by plants discovered!
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 16, 2014 02:31AM

[www.rawstory.com]

This time around, Westwood examined the plants’ messenger RNA, or mRNA, the molecule in cells that instructs organisms how to code certain proteins that are key to functioning. MRNA helps to regulate plant development and can control when plants eventually flowers. He found that the parasitic and the host plants were exchanging thousands of mRNA molecules between each other, thus creating a conversation.

"The discovery of this novel form of inter-organism communication shows that this is happening a lot more than any one has previously realized," Westwood said. "Now that we have found that they are sharing all this information, the next question is, 'What exactly are they telling each other?'"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Language spoken by plants discovered!
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 16, 2014 08:56AM

That's pretty cool!

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: August 16, 2014 09:33PM

scientist discover that a disease cause by a virus is not a disease but a form of communication. The virus is only the messanger from someone else. When your body reacts, it is just talking back, scientist discovered.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 16, 2014 10:47PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2014 10:50PM by la_veronique.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 17, 2014 01:00AM

So, all our words are just viruses?

Date: August 17, 2014 01:44AM

I want to speak plant.

Date: August 17, 2014 03:20AM

I think its the plant talking to its host or its parasite. Not as cool, huh

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 17, 2014 10:39AM

How should we call it? Plantish?

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 17, 2014 05:03PM

coconutcream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think its the plant talking to its host or its
> parasite. Not as cool, huh

Definitely true.

Unless you happen to be the parasite. smiling smiley

Date: August 17, 2014 05:57PM

am I the only one who thinks they are misusing the word communication? It looks to me that they don't know and call it communication. It really news about bad scientist doing juk

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: August 17, 2014 09:33PM

Hahahah I agree Panchito. Its bs. But just maybe...we can talk to them.

Date: August 18, 2014 12:38AM

We should ask a telegraph plant.
[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 18, 2014 12:52AM

you could maybe communicate with the telegraph plant with a flashlight

[en.wikipedia.org]

This plant is famous for its movement of small, lateral leaflets at speeds rapid enough to be perceivable with the naked eye. This is a strategy to maximise light by tracking the sun. Each leaf is equipped with a hinge that permits it to be moved to receive more sunlight, but the weight of these leaves means the plant must expend a lot of energy in moving it. To optimise its movement, each large leaf has two small leaflets at its base. These move constantly along an elliptical path, sampling the intensity of sunlight, and directing the large leaf to the area of most intensity.

The common name is due to the rotation of the leaflets with a period of about three to five minutes; this was likened to a semaphore telegraph, a structure with adjustable paddles that could be seen from a distance, the position of which conveyed a message in semaphore,[verification needed] hence the common names.

a semaphore telegraph from which the plant got the nickname

Date: August 18, 2014 01:12AM

Panchito,
That is a great idea. There is a problem to overcome, the plant is looking for light as a source of energy. Maybe there are other qualities perhaps to light that a plant might find significant, but since I am not a plant I am not sure what those might be.

It would be like two people trying to communicate using taste. Or say trying to communicate with your dog using flavor. How would you do it? I wouldnt say its impossible, but how could you tell your dog to perform a trick by presenting it with a particular flavor?

Date: August 18, 2014 02:13AM

in this book, there is some talk about animal communication. But it is very limited (to like 5 words or less only). With plants, it may be even smaller.

[www.amazon.com]

communication can be complex (but we think is simple). Consciousness appeared because of empathy in groups (society) by recognizing faces and anticipating the reactions of others. Words appeared because of a lucky position of the larynx that happened when walking upright and allowed us to make more noises giving diversity. Then you also need the encephalization (because of hormonal changes and abundant food supply) to support the frame/order of a conversation (memory storage). So it is not as simple as it may look.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 21, 2014 09:16PM

do people really communicate?

i thought only plants did

and other animals

Date: August 31, 2014 09:58PM

I just heard today if you take a plant take a leaf and drive miles away from the plant and then think I am going to cut this leaf and cut it, the original plant shows the same electrical response as the leaf you are cutting....damn, its now quantum our food.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables