Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Looking for raw food restaurants in California
Posted by: Raw4ever ()
Date: August 20, 2014 05:25AM

I'm in southern California until next Sunday. Are there any raw food restaurants to be recommended between LA and San Fran?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for raw food restaurants in California
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: August 20, 2014 09:34PM

Try Pena pachamama in San Francisco. Their raw vegan sampler plate is excellent, with a slice of raw pizza, a coconut BLT sandwich, and a fresh corn taco, plus kale chips and a cacao macaroon.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 20, 2014 10:10PM

heard L.A. has gotta few

Date: August 21, 2014 03:28AM

Thanks Prana and la_Veronique.

I found Rawvolution in Santa Monica this morning. Excellent. And I had an almond milk and durian drink that was too good to believe! Good food and great energy!

Tonight, we're in Pismo Beach listening to the sound of the surf. I was planning to
head up to San Fran but my wife is wanting to head east to Giant Sequoia.

Oh California!

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: August 21, 2014 05:45AM

raw4ever, I haven't been there yet, but one of the best raw food restaurants is Au Lac, in Orange County. Here is their website: Au Lac Vegan - Living Foods.

16563 Brookhurst Street, Fountain Valley, CA 92708
714-418-0658

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 22, 2014 09:14PM

JULIANOS RAW SANTA MONICA. IS THAT STILL AROUND.

Date: August 23, 2014 04:12AM

Thanks Prana for pointing me in the direction of Au Lac. My wife and I enjoyed lunch there today. I'm pretty much a simple kind of "wash it and eat it" sort of soul so this was a real treat!

Words like exquisite, delectable and haute cuisine came to mind. The quality was second to none and the presentation was delightfully inviting.

Our server was a little absent-minded (she brought the starter at the end) but who cares? She was a happy soul. Great ambiance and the overall energy was excellent too.

We both got very sincere hugs when we left from whomever, I do not know, but she was such an enthusiastic, happy heart and she made an already great experience even better.

Though most of their offerings were raw; there were a few things that were not and it's clearly stated so pure rawfoodies like myself could bring a guest who isn't quite sure what they're getting into, and they would still be able to find something vegan that would appeal to their palette. Quite honestly, I'm certain they could a choose a fully raw meal and be totally satisfied.

The quality of the food was incomparable. I would be willing to go out of my way to dine there again and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Thanks again.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 23, 2014 07:31AM

prana and raw4ever

jus tchecked out au lac menu pics

WOWzahhs!! ... Looks like

PURE ART!!

they even have raw tiramisu? what the...? oh my gosh smiling smiley!

Date: August 24, 2014 07:41AM

YEP! PURE ART!!

Great looking stuff. Beautiful enough to entice those who think they'd never be interested in anything raw...and once they taste it, the pure quality and taste should impress.

My wife chose the tiramisu and of course I had to sample it. It was hard to believe it was raw but it was.

The whole experience was very satisfying.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables