Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to Raw and Juicing and nothing is coming out
Posted by: Lisajuan ()
Date: September 10, 2014 11:54PM

I have been reading messages on the living and raw food site and while I have no health issues, I am starting to see signs of change w/ moving to juicing and raw foods. I am thirsty ALL the time, my skin is so dry, in humid August and September and I can't seem to have a bowel movement no matter how much fiber i add to my diet. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,
Lisa

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to Raw and Juicing and nothing is coming out
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: September 11, 2014 12:15AM

If you are thirsty, drink more water. If filtered tap water is not tasting good for you, see if you can get some spring water.

Try eating a whole head of romaine lettuce every night for a week, in a salad with other veggies like tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, etc., to see if you can get your bowels moving.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: September 11, 2014 01:01AM

You sound like you're dehydrated, drink a liter of water within 30-40 mins of waking up every morning. If you can get pure spring water (not in plastic bottles), that would be great, if not you can distill your own water. Also add a little bit of sea salt everyday (maybe 1/4-1/3 tsp) to one of your meals. Try adding some watermelon, strawberries and raspberries to your regimen. Algae's, sprouted flax, and high-quality probiotics should help a lot. Also, prunes are said to be great for constipation. But really the problem here sounds like you just need more hydration.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2014 01:03AM by jtprindl.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: September 11, 2014 02:04AM

SMOOTHIES!!! Learn how to make them!

Date: September 11, 2014 10:16PM

Hello Prana:

Thank you so much, I will get some roman lettuce right away. Is it ok to eat alone w/ a little salt?

In the morning when I wake up, I make a a super foods cocktail of 16 oz of coconut water, goji powder, cocoa powder, maka powder, marine phytoplankton, hemp, AFA blue-green algae, spirulaina and aloe vera. Blended well and drink. Then I basically drink juices (made w/ my juicer) the rest of the day with about 100 oz of water throughout the day, then I take fiber at night. I read on some of your other messages about food combining and I just was wondering if my morning starter of super foods is ok w/ how I am combining and consuming them.

Thank you so much

Date: September 11, 2014 10:19PM

Hello JTPrindl:

Thank you so much for the water consumption recommendation. I will start that immediately. I have some strawberries and raspberries in my juices and smoothies, however, I try to limit them because of the seeds. I had a scare last year with diverticulitis. I put 2 table spoons of liquid flax seed in my morning super foods cocktail. Is this the same as your reference to sprouted flax?

Thank you so much,
Lisa

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: September 11, 2014 11:17PM

Hi Lisa.

Good advice above.

Just wondering if all the powdered ingredients in your morning cocktail might be contributing to irregularity and thirst. Powdered ingredients are dried, and they tend to absorb a lot of water.

Yoga always works well for me personally for keeping things going. I recall that Iyengar specifically recommends the inverted poses for this issue.

Hope you're better soon!

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 12, 2014 05:09PM

Lisajuan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello JTPrindl:
>
> Thank you so much for the water consumption
> recommendation. I will start that immediately. I
> have some strawberries and raspberries in my
> juices and smoothies, however, I try to limit them
> because of the seeds. I had a scare last year
> with diverticulitis. I put 2 table spoons of
> liquid flax seed in my morning super foods
> cocktail. Is this the same as your reference to
> sprouted flax?
>
> Thank you so much,
> Lisa

Lisa, obviously you need to use your intuition and do what is best for you but personally I never have believed that stuff about seeds and divertulitis. After all, all the good stuff to consume as seeds--berries, tomatoes, etc. What happened that made it a "scare?" Do you think it was due to gluten intolerance?

It is not uncommon for people to get constipation, even after going to this lifestyle. Maybe it even gets worse. It's like cleaning a dusty mirror with water and it becoming even harder to see before it's wiped clean. smiling smiley

Posted by: HH ()
Date: September 12, 2014 11:04PM

Try eating some solid food and make sure you fletcherize it.

"Nature will castigate those who don't masticate."

--Horace Fletcher

Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: September 13, 2014 06:48PM

Lisajuan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Prana:
>
> Thank you so much, I will get some roman lettuce
> right away. Is it ok to eat alone w/ a little
> salt?
>
> In the morning when I wake up, I make a a super
> foods cocktail of 16 oz of coconut water, goji
> powder, cocoa powder, maka powder, marine
> phytoplankton, hemp, AFA blue-green algae,
> spirulaina and aloe vera. Blended well and drink.
> Then I basically drink juices (made w/ my juicer)
> the rest of the day with about 100 oz of water
> throughout the day, then I take fiber at night. I
> read on some of your other messages about food
> combining and I just was wondering if my morning
> starter of super foods is ok w/ how I am combining
> and consuming them.
>
> Thank you so much

Hate to ask for an age but that is a factor. Also you do not seem to be eating? Pretty simple nothing going in nothing goes out. You are saying that you just use some fiber at night, this is surely not enough bulk to @#$%& more than once and a while. This is not normal, you want to @#$%& often so to move out old stuff that has been all used up to prevent any bad stuff to flourish. I would eliminate the coconut water. I don't know anything bout it really and don't care to. From my standpoint it is just a gimmick to sell product to health nuts. Anything in a can should not even be eaten if possible, they use Lacquer paint in most canned products, including aluminum. Go get some coconuts if you live in such a humid environment. I can get them all day long if I wanted they grow everywhere. If what you are saying is true, you are not constipated you are empty, there is no other answer.

You could do without the coca powder also if you are extremely concerned with health issues. If you are to eat cacao then use the beans and soak them overnight before you use them. If you use these every day it is just like drinking coffee, it will exhaust your adrenals. Hope this helps

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables