Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Adding fat to green smoothies
Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: September 15, 2014 09:21PM

Is this a big deal? I'm talking like 1 tbl of chia seeds. Good or bad for digestion?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adding fat to green smoothies
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 16, 2014 04:08PM

What would prompt your question? Because it's a seed and has fat? It's an Omega 3! That is a reasonable amount for a single smoothie. I am surprised no one has responded to you. I sure hope people are not afraid of a mere Tbsp. of chia seeds! Here is the nutritional boost:

[mychiaseeds.com]

If you read the info, you can store them for two years (sealed) at room temp. This is good because I have 3-5 pounds basically unused in my cupboard that I ordered almost a year ago!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 04:09PM by banana who.

Re: Adding fat to green smoothies
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: September 16, 2014 05:18PM

OMG that is great! raw chia seeds? Why the hell not?

No, you have to make green smoothies 70% fruit 30% greens!

ahahhaha

I went to a raw vegan boutenko green smoothie retreat where we had nothing to eat but green smoothies and green puddings 4 times a day. It was so much fun

I recommend it if you want a crash course in green smoothies.

BUT, add whatever the hell you want

When I worked at the Tree of Life, as apprentice, people, who looked radiant, I mean real glowing spiritual energy feeling people...they would bring me a bowl of salad from the salad bar, everything in it and I would blend them a blended salad for lunch. Bee pollen, sprouts you name it.

For fat in agreen smoothie, just by experience, I would put some tahini maybe 1 tb. Or some nuts, that are raw, cashews, just a little wee but though. Maybe some dates to counter that.

Look this one has dulse..

At ann wigmore, there is this energy soup and people added seed cheese to it. Just blend sunflower seeds that were soaked with rejuvelac and hang in a nut bag overnight. So technically a green smoothie could be savory, here is a savory one

and you can add fatty things to that like a dollop of seed cheese.

Look you can add vanilla too , who would have known. And Victoria is the green smoothie expert, she did create the fad.

She barely makes any money on these retreats, she really does this to help people and it was affordable, but you are eating sleeping living on an organic farm. So anyone down on Victoria, she really really wants to cure people and help them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 05:20PM by coconutcream.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables