Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sproutman
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 19, 2014 03:35AM

sproutman

can you tell me which are the top 5 grains

plus the top 5 legumes

to sprout and reasons why?

thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sproutman
Posted by: close2raw ()
Date: September 19, 2014 07:52PM

There's a really good page, loaded with information, here:

[www.thesproutarian.com]

Date: September 19, 2014 09:16PM

thanks close2raw

i'll read that site more closely

to see if some of my questions are already answered

that site is pretty awesome!

especially cuz it goes into the nitty gritty which i always appreciate

food is a science
and an art

he covers both

Date: September 21, 2014 07:58AM

Things on my site need to be done a lot better, but still some very good information in some of the forum topics of late and lots of great stuff to come.

I'll get back to this when l have more time, but l will say that you need to build your body up with good probiotics (ferments) before the body can handle those types of foods properly. There are certain things we need to do when eating those types of foods because they can chew you up and spit you out if you don't do certain things. Sprouted grains and beans may look innocent, but they do up have sharp teeth for the unprepared.

Good legumes = lentils, mung, adzuki
Good grains = millet, quinoa, amaranth, teff (my favourite is the high protein sprouted fermented millet that tastes like orange juice)

Note, if you blend unfermented sprouted millet you will encounter the foulest most potent tasting drink ever. If you want to stop criminals re-offending you give them sprouted millet milk (non fermented) in prison each day and they will never want to go back ever because the drink is something you would not even give to your worst enemy. Don't believe me? Then try drinking blended millet sprout milk, l dare you to drink a whole glass. smiling smiley I can drink a few big glasses of sprouted millet milk for three days, but then it gives me the horrors and l have to stop. Fermented grains is important, sprouting isn't really enough imo...best to play it safe.

Fermenting grains massively improves the taste. Brian Clement also says to add stevia to dehydrated grain sprout cookies.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2014 08:01AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: September 22, 2014 03:33AM

thanks sproutman
for listing the graind and beans that you deem are best

well, i have certain concerns about fermenting
though i do love probiotics

but the thing is i don't know if i am doing it right

how would i know if the bacteria is getting out of hand or ( not right) or if something is getting moldy

plus what about the aldehyde formation?

so... its kind of a complex thing for me

but i like seaweeds... a lot, actually

and i am relieved that i don't have to sprout those ( seaweeds don't lend themselves to that.. i don't believe)

and i don't ferment seaweed ( do you ferment seaweed? does seaweed come from sproutable seeds too?)

anyhow... thanks again

if u want to include more info about the things i should keep an eye out for in regards to sprouting, let me know

or PM me too

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables