Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A Simple Question
Posted by: Raw4ever ()
Date: September 21, 2014 05:42AM

Do any of you eat raw potatoes?

I eat most anything raw and enjoy it but raw potatoes don't hold any appeal for me.

Am I missing out? I know they're a good source of protein but there's something about them I just don't like.

Btw, raw squash doesn't do anything for me either.

Any thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Simple Question
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: September 21, 2014 07:30AM

Try zucchini in a spiralizer to make a raw pasta. There are plenty of raw marinara sauces you can make, just google raw marinara.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: September 21, 2014 05:13PM

Raw potatoes don't appeal to me either and i don't think they're a good source of nutrition

Date: September 22, 2014 05:27AM

Thanks Prana. I will have a look for raw marinara sauces. Like I've said before, I eat quite a simple diet - pure natural flavor but there are times when I just want something a bit more tantalizing. Maranaras would undoubtedly satisfy.

Utopian Life, here's my problem. I once took a class called World Food Crisis. One day, the chairman of the biochemistry department was the lecturer and he told us that potatoes are an excellent source of protein! Who knew?

Then he said that it wasn't that they had so much protein in them but that they contained all of the essential amino acids - one food with all the amino acids. So, you see, I feel like I should try to like them...

but I don't!!

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: September 22, 2014 09:56AM

I recently heard that the juice of raw potatoes is very good, you are supposed to drink a small glass first thing in the morning. I don't know more about this, as I never thought of eating raw potatoes. I liked them a lot when cooked though...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Date: September 22, 2014 10:09PM

Thanks Ela2013.

I will give it a shot and let you know what I think.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: September 23, 2014 04:22AM

I juice potato regularly.
[www.centerworks.com]

Date: September 23, 2014 11:51AM

Thanks RawPracticalist.

That was a fascinating read.

I'm glad I've asked this question. I've yet to juice some potatoes but I'm eager. I'll try it alone and then with some carrot juice and then all three - carrot juice, potato juice and grape juice though that sounds a bit weird. In all honesty, it actually sounds like something soothing to the stomach.

It might go well with celery too.

Date: September 26, 2014 06:38PM

O.K. I finally found some white potatoes and juiced them. It wasn't bad at all. There is lots of pulp though and I hate to toss it out. Maybe I should add some salt and dehydrate it.

Hmmm. Maybe that's how they make Pringles.

Maybe not.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: September 27, 2014 11:47PM

Norman walker the carrot juice Norwalker dude who lived to be 109 or something..he says you can juice it and even wrote up about it in his book. He says it is good for skin blemishes and you can mix it with carrot.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: September 28, 2014 08:19AM

I usually buy at 10 pounds bag per week for juicing.
I would juice about 5 or 7 potatoes at a time.
It is best to use a masticating juicer.
Also let the juice sit for few minutes, the pulp will settle at the bottom.
If you are into skin care and beauty, you can apply the pulp mixed with some juice to your face.
[www.stylishwalks.com] [www.arabiaweddings.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2014 08:34AM by RawPracticalist.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables