Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Thoughts.
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: September 27, 2014 11:41PM

Sometimes I think there is no way to explain raw foods as the perfect diet. You cannot argue around it. It is. You try and say oh well, this or that, but it is just a bad addiction to death and darkness and not in a cool goth way. In my entire lifetime, nothing ever affected me in a positive way then raw foods and positive thinking. And I am not sure which came first. The addiction to cooked foods is dark indeed. Like one of the vices. The purer you get the darker the demons. Yeah.
Raw foods has healed me and shown me that miracles exist. Thoughts I never had, men I never been with, relationships I never had, life, ideas, love, sex...Its me on track. Track to my dreams and my goals. Life easy. Love easy. Beauty glowing. Being a good this or that..making right decisions..floating away sometimes to Paris. This is not who I have ever been. It just wasn't possible for me, on the cooked diet. I hate when people diss raw foods or dismiss as raw food elites. But I understand if one wants to grovel in Earth for a bit. It's addicting and comforting, until digestion comes on. And you really do feel like matter.

Its not easy, and it is heaven itself. Strive for the light.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thoughts.
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: September 28, 2014 12:09AM

No need to argue, those people are where they are in their spiritual path and that's fine. I sometimes get caught in trying to prove or argue certain things but at the end of the day, people are going to make their own decisions. Some people change for the better, some people change for the worse, and some people seem like they'll never change. I'm glad the lifestyle switch has made such a positive impact on you. In fact, I can sense the positive energy in lots of your posts and it's clear that what you're doing is working for you.

As far as raw foods and natural healing goes, there's not too much that makes me happier than seeing someone who was told they had weeks or months to live cure themselves with nature and are still alive 5, 10, 15 years later. Nobody has the right to tell someone else how long they have left in this life. What conventional doctors really mean is "if you continue following OUR advice, you only have months to live".

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: September 28, 2014 09:39AM

Raw food brings order, balance, life into your body. You are healed at all levels of your being, you become positive, loving.
Cooked and fried food destroys the life in you, you gradually gets out of balance, your body starts to smell very bad, you need perfume to hide the smell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2014 09:40AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: September 28, 2014 02:20PM

"Raw food brings order, balance, life into your body. You are healed at all levels of your being, you become positive, loving."

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say this. From mine and many others observations, many raw foodists have mental imbalances due to major nutrient deficiencies that lower cognitive functioning... irritability, anger, delusion, etc. That's what happens when you get low levels off EPA/DHA, iodine, selenium, and zinc over a long period of time. Most of us know that EPA/DHA are crucial for brain functioning but I don't think too many are aware of selenium/zinc and their importance in regards to cognition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2014 02:20PM by jtprindl.

Date: September 28, 2014 03:37PM

I understand some raw vegans are friggin crazy. I have had my experiences in dating. I should write a book. Guys that are paranoid about parasites to the point of fanaticism. And germs. Or even me, I bought all these 200$ zinc supplements because I thought I had a deficiency and I didnt feel any better. I get you. Raw vegans can be friggin crazy. Sometimes I hear youtube videos and I am like, wow. There is anger and judgment. Even me. I have had issues. I used to be completely different when I went all fruity for three years. I had no boyfriend and many. Addicted to the gym and I took selfies all day long.
I hear ya. JTPRIND

But how I was before raw vegan is like I am glad I am still alive and not dead long ago. I want to be alive. I want magic in my life. I have felt it heal me when 100% raw, this diet of fruits veggies nuts and other raw labeled things. I would not be here today. I would be dead, spiritually and physically.

Its really hard to do 100%. But it is so worth it. It is harder to do it in a cold climate. But it is worth it. Sometimes. I feel lonliness pain, yes. When I am not fed enough. It is hard. Sprouting, dehydrating, blending mixing preparing shopping. Is that all life is about diet? No

Life is about life. About healing. To me. About love. Helping those around me. Balancing energies inside me. Being in nature. I have a lot of contradictions inside of me. Politically too. I have hobbies, that do not include-- what am I going to eat today. I have responsibilities. I have people ALLLLL around me eating cooked. I just know I am on the right track when I eat good.

Last night I had my fill. Rawmus on nori with avos tomatoes, etc. Raw tabbouleh, kombucha, raw german cake, salad, fruits, smoothies, a box of oranges I had juice for breakfast..banana shakes with spinach. Things I go shopping for and make for my family. They eat what they want, but I add alot to their good health.

My life is filled with beauty. I can see this when fully raw. I am a good everything, partner, mother, lover, friend, helper. I can talk to people. I can be beautiful. Confident.

Anyone here on a spiritual path, the unseen..? Anyone here trying to be 100% all the time? Its great huh, but indeed has its challenges.

In the 1700s most people were farmers and they ate bread made out of hay - just grassy chunks, and soup boiled with leather horse harnesses and turnips, anything to survive, I feel so lucky our way of life is so different. We are all abundant. We can choose diets for ourselves.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2014 03:45PM by coconutcream.

Date: September 28, 2014 04:22PM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Raw food brings order, balance, life into your
> body. You are healed at all levels of your being,
> you become positive, loving."
>
> Well, I wouldn't necessarily say this. From mine
> and many others observations, many raw foodists
> have mental imbalances due to major nutrient
> deficiencies that lower cognitive functioning...
> irritability, anger, delusion, etc. That's what
> happens when you get low levels off EPA/DHA,
> iodine, selenium, and zinc over a long period of
> time. Most of us know that EPA/DHA are crucial for
> brain functioning but I don't think too many are
> aware of selenium/zinc and their importance in
> regards to cognition.

True but it is not the raw food that is the problem, it is the choice people make, relying exclusively on few items such as broccoli or spinach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2014 04:32PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: September 28, 2014 04:41PM

What wonderful thoughts, Coconutcream, they are so inspiring smiling smiley

Ever since I really followed the 100% raw vegan lifestyle (no more compromises like not so raw foods), I really started to feel the benefits. It's easy, it's fun, it's beautiful. With this lifestyle I feel complete, healthy, nourished. I love it and I would never go back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Date: September 28, 2014 04:47PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "Raw food brings order, balance, life into your
> > body. You are healed at all levels of your
> being,
> > you become positive, loving."
> >
> > Well, I wouldn't necessarily say this. From
> mine
> > and many others observations, many raw foodists
> > have mental imbalances due to major nutrient
> > deficiencies that lower cognitive
> functioning...
> > irritability, anger, delusion, etc. That's what
> > happens when you get low levels off EPA/DHA,
> > iodine, selenium, and zinc over a long period
> of
> > time. Most of us know that EPA/DHA are crucial
> for
> > brain functioning but I don't think too many
> are
> > aware of selenium/zinc and their importance in
> > regards to cognition.
>
> True but it is not the raw food that is the
> problem, it is the choice people make, relying
> exclusively on few items such as broccoli or
> spinach.

Or large amounts of fruit and essentially neglecting fat, but I agree, it definitely isn't the raw food, it's a poorly executed raw food diet. Another thing I'd add to the list is the high amounts of copper and manganese. Too much manganese can cause all sorts of emotional problems... which is probably why when we cry emotional tears, there is a large concentration of manganese in them. Crying allows us to release part of what is causing the emotional turmoil (manganese overdose). And of course, too much copper can make you insane and paranoid about everything.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2014 04:49PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 28, 2014 05:55PM

coconutcream Wrote:
> I understand some raw vegans are friggin crazy. I
> have had my experiences in dating. I should write
> a book. Guys that are paranoid about parasites to
> the point of fanaticism. And germs. Or even me, I
> bought all these 200$ zinc supplements because I
> thought I had a deficiency and I didnt feel any
> better. I get you. Raw vegans can be friggin
> crazy. Sometimes I hear youtube videos and I am
> like, wow. There is anger and judgment. Even me. I
> have had issues. I used to be completely different
> when I went all fruity for three years. I had no
> boyfriend and many. Addicted to the gym and I took
> selfies all day long.
> I hear ya. JTPRIND
>
> But how I was before raw vegan is like I am glad I
> am still alive and not dead long ago. I want to be
> alive. I want magic in my life. I have felt it
> heal me when 100% raw, this diet of fruits veggies
> nuts and other raw labeled things. I would not be
> here today. I would be dead, spiritually and
> physically.
>
> Its really hard to do 100%. But it is so worth it.
> It is harder to do it in a cold climate. But it
> is worth it. Sometimes. I feel lonliness pain,
> yes. When I am not fed enough. It is hard.
> Sprouting, dehydrating, blending mixing preparing
> shopping. Is that all life is about diet? No
>
> Life is about life. About healing. To me. About
> love. Helping those around me. Balancing energies
> inside me. Being in nature. I have a lot of
> contradictions inside of me. Politically too. I
> have hobbies, that do not include-- what am I
> going to eat today. I have responsibilities. I
> have people ALLLLL around me eating cooked. I just
> know I am on the right track when I eat good.
>
> Last night I had my fill. Rawmus on nori with avos
> tomatoes, etc. Raw tabbouleh, kombucha, raw german
> cake, salad, fruits, smoothies, a box of oranges I
> had juice for breakfast..banana shakes with
> spinach. Things I go shopping for and make for my
> family. They eat what they want, but I add alot to
> their good health.
>
> My life is filled with beauty. I can see this when
> fully raw. I am a good everything, partner,
> mother, lover, friend, helper. I can talk to
> people. I can be beautiful. Confident.
>
> Anyone here on a spiritual path, the unseen..?
> Anyone here trying to be 100% all the time? Its
> great huh, but indeed has its challenges.
>
> In the 1700s most people were farmers and they ate
> bread made out of hay - just grassy chunks, and
> soup boiled with leather horse harnesses and
> turnips, anything to survive, I feel so lucky our
> way of life is so different. We are all abundant.
> We can choose diets for ourselves.

Sold! grinning smiley That was sooo inspiring! By the way, what is rawmus?

Date: September 28, 2014 10:41PM

jtprindl Wrote:

> Or large amounts of fruit and essentially
> neglecting fat, but I agree, it definitely isn't
> the raw food, it's a poorly executed raw food
> diet. Another thing I'd add to the list is the
> high amounts of copper and manganese. Too much
> manganese can cause all sorts of emotional
> problems... which is probably why when we cry
> emotional tears, there is a large concentration of
> manganese in them. Crying allows us to release
> part of what is causing the emotional turmoil
> (manganese overdose). And of course, too much
> copper can make you insane and paranoid about
> everything.

The problem is not the raw food, the main problem is veganism itself.
You cannot find any case of pure veganism in nature .
The cows like all herbivores eat bugs unknowingly.
Our modern food is washed clean, with no soil or dirt that may have living micro organisms.
It is a personal choice that sometimes has religious considerations but then you have to take all necessary precautions to supplement and most vegans do not. They think they can get all the nutrients from the broccoli and tofu.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: September 29, 2014 01:43AM

there are estrange things happening when you go out of the social box (like going raw). People build stone building to "feel" safe and make things appear stable and lasting. Cultural rituals (eating certain foods) are cathedrals of stone when it comes to feeling secure from day to day. So, when you leave the cathedral, you are on your own, without the support of society and worse, people telling you that you are in danger. They also build stories where you are immortal if you accept them.

Date: September 29, 2014 01:53AM

But it is very healthy to leave the social norm and find your own way.
Social norm provides some security but does not make you creative.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: September 29, 2014 08:50PM

Loved your thoughts Cococream!

Can really relate to the difference I felt on my old "all fruity" days, compared to now on just all raw.

Also, being raw is so worth it when I think back to the time before raw. Talk about crazy! That's in my past (thank goodness!).

So far, the older I get and the more I learn, it keeps getting better. Exercise has been a huge plus. I'm happy looking forward!

Date: September 30, 2014 01:35AM

Raw practicalist yeah. I dont want to belong to alot of these new raw food groups. I like it here. Seems like new gurus come and go and new groups where everyone thinks the same and all stare at bodies in bikinis with flat stomachs and take selfies.

Suncloud. Like I said. There is no comparison. None. To the past and present. Tell me about your "crazy" days.

Panchito, it is a lonely world sometimes. Taking buses to different cities to get rare raw juices alone. Looking around, and mothers are feeding their babies Fritos and bottled soda. Families eating Turkey and being together. My 90 year old grandma eating her pecan pie while I eat a banana...together in silence.

bananawho rawmus is just sprouted garbanzo beans lemon juice garlic salt or whatever you like. Some add tahini. I make very little bit. Or buy at the organic market.

There is so much pain everywhere, people could really use the knowledge that we have here on this forum. It could save lives. Literally people will be raised from the dead. " I felt like a goddess" is what my friend just emailed me today , talking about how she felt when she went all raw. Dont you want to appreciate your body, dont you want to look in a mirror and be like OMG. Or see photographs of you smiling and your hair looks shiny and beautiful and you are shapely and have a nice waist you can show off to a man of your choosing, anyone you want pretty much? Or women! Without being hungry but eating what you like, cooked food versions of raw, or just feeling full on fructose!

People seem more approachable. You feel energies. You radiate good thoughts.
If there are raw vegan wiccans out there, look out! They would really do some magic. Powerful energies.

That clean clean feeling you get when you think about your own body and blood.
The @#$%& that comes out long, daily! No smell. Taking hot baths. Relaxing. Listening to music, its sooooo much better, on fully raw.
Taking walks and the wind blows, you feel free riding a bike. Hair blowing, the trees all the leaves moving towards you in song? The love you have for animals.

I could go on..

for example, look at this board, have you guys been on non raw message forums boards, etc..have you? Well I have, I do. SOOOOO many people have vicious fights and there are so many trolls..everyone hates your ideas, they make fun of you. Laugh at you. Are all victims and tyrants. There you go. Proof.

Being fully raw, you feel " Like a fairy" pure innocent good clean

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2014 01:40AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: September 30, 2014 03:00AM

OK Cococream, crazy days:

I've always loved food and ate a lot of it, but stayed very slim until early 20s when I first tried to quit smoking. At that point, I couldn't seem to ever quit eating, and I became obsessed with food. I began a major struggle with my weight.

When introduced to Arnold Ehret's books (around 1973, I was 23), I thought OK, this is the answer. And then for years and years, I was convinced I should be a fruitarian. Alternately, I would attempt to eat some other way, since I was so hungry! I would often end up eating just about anything, and I couldn't even consistently stay away from meat. I remember once eating a dozen eggs. Food completely ruled my life. I was too hungry all the time to do anything but think about food or eat it.

I was pretty much like this until 1986, when I finally really committed to being vegan, while fine-tuning a raw food diet. I was helped by a supportive new relationship (we're still together) and I think by beginning a consistent yoga practice. I opened up to eating a larger variety of raw vegan foods.

My life is so different now. I actually have a life. Food occupies a happy space. But just a space though - not the whole dang universe!

I feel good, and I learned some things too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2014 03:08AM by suncloud.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables