Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Is SueZ is sockie?
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: September 30, 2014 05:09PM

"'The China Study' has MAJOR flaws and is NOT credible in any way, shape, or form."

To clarify, this is in regards to high-fat diets and health problems. Obviously, I agree that vegan diets (well-planned) reduce the risk of a wide variety of diseases.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 30, 2014 09:32PM

hmmm.. Socky-ism and McCarthyism

i see LOTS of parallels

very intriguing

please read and enjoy

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: September 30, 2014 10:04PM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "'The China Study' has MAJOR flaws and is NOT
> credible in any way, shape, or form."
>
> To clarify, this is in regards to high-fat diets
> and health problems. Obviously, I agree that vegan
> diets (well-planned) reduce the risk of a wide
> variety of diseases.

I posted this in the other thread:

Fully Raw Christina….another 80-10-10 person headed for the scrapheap?

I was shocked when l saw Christina’s appalling blood results. She looks healthy on the outside but it looks like the dreaded high carb high fructose low fat diet is slowly catching up with her. I was most disappointed with the doctor because he doesn’t make mention of many things which are clearly alarm bells. Another 80-10-10 girl also had highly questionable blood work also.

[www.youtube.com]

Comments on Christina’s highly questionable blood work

Iron levels are on the low side of normal. Hmmm, contrary to what this doctor says it is certainly not ideal or good for reasons l won’t go into right now.

Now to the real issues, the lipids.

1. Christina has very low LDL cholesterol, but excessively low LDL is linked to various health problems related to brain functioning, hormone production and serotonin. When you read the research there is cause for concern.

2. Christina has low HDL, and even though she has a low fat diet which negates potential effects for CVD, she has a decreased ability for the body to transport lipids needed for brain function and various other roles. This is cause for concern and signs of the wheels starting to fall off with this dangerous diet.

3. Christina’s total cholesterol is very low. Once again, the abundance of medical literature raises grave concern over this problem, namely the association with mental imbalance and early death. Of course much of the medical literature on vegan sites and in the mainstream will go contrary to this conclusion and no public mention will ever bring up the new literature which talks about these problems because the drug companies want to sell drug lowering medication and will consequently keep the doctors in the dark about the more recent findings, but these results of Christina are major cause for concern.

4. Now…another tell tale sign that the wheels are falling off for Christina, she has dyslipidemia (high triglyceride levels) likely from a high fructose, high carb low fat diet. This is really the red flag, and when you put all the results in context l would say Christina is heading for a downward slide unless she changes a few things.

Fructose overconsumption causes dyslipidemia and ectopic lipid deposition in healthy subjects with and without a family history of type 2 diabetes

Kim-Anne Lê, Michael Ith

[ajcn.nutrition.org]

I want Christina to see another doctor who will give her a wake up call, because quite frankly, l think she needs it. I could post medical paper after medical paper which will raise alarm bells about Christina’s results, but it would take all day to do.

I also wonder how the low HDL has affected Christina’s fatty acid profile. It would be interesting to know her EPA/DHA scores also.

Once again, much of the medical literature released to doctors and the public on lipids and cholesterol is highly flawed and does not tell the true story behind what is going on. The peer reviewed medical literature now clearly states on numerous occasions that the drug companies and food industry has paid for and suppressed info so only dubious literature supporting the low fat low cholesterol diet is in the public domain. There seems to have been lots of lobbying by low fat food industry and drug companies selling cholesterol/lipid lowering drugs as the dominant players pushing their dubious agendas.

Hey….you think l make this up? Ugh ugh. I used to support low fat as a brainwashed vegan puppet, but then l spend 4 months reading the medical literature and was SHOCKED!!! I didn’t just read 2 or 3 studies, l read 200+ studies for and against high and low fat diets, and l can confidently say there IS a problem.

Some people can do well on low fat, but given Christina’s results it is highly questionable whether she will be able to sustain on this diet. I look at this in a cold and clinical context and are going solely by the figures and the literature.I also put it to people that Christina’s doctor may not be aware of the literature of which l speak because he is getting info from the drug reps which support their low fat low cholesterol agenda. Oh yes folks…this is not something we can put under the carpet.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2014 10:10PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: October 01, 2014 08:42PM

Very low fat is the only good way.....No, high fat is the only good way......

In my very humble opinion, fat is important in the diet, and medium fat from whole foods is ideal.

Having said that, some days I eat high fat, some days medium fat, some days low fat, and some days no food at all - just water. Sometimes my appetite for fat seems directly related to how much I ran/walked/hiked/stressed/etc. Personally, I think I might benefit from more sprouting, but I don't think I could benefit from eating less fruit.

I am very happy and completely unashamed to say that I'm still learning (after almost three decades raw). In fact, I hope I'm still learning till the day I die (at 120+). smiling smiley

For anyone here who thinks they already have all the answers: you don't.

(You already knew that, right?).

So I hope everyone will lighten up a little. Everyone has something to teach us, no matter how much we think we're right and they're wrong. If we listen with respect, we might learn something. We don't learn anything or grow at all when we're only interested in doing the telling - and especially if we denigrate another person.

And we don't impart our intended lesson when our words are unkind.

It's good to agree or disagree and state our opinion and experience. It's also possible to do this without labeling a person or their beliefs or even telling them they are wrong.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 01, 2014 11:22PM

Wow Suncloud, amazing post!!! I totally agree!!!

Hey, any book recommendations on raw food/health from you? I have and have read a bunch but sometimes people turn me on to books I never heard about.

Date: October 01, 2014 11:23PM

LOL! I just checked "SueZ's" activity and "she" was lurking today. Why not post anymore, SueZ?

Posted by: HH ()
Date: October 02, 2014 12:37AM

Where do you go to see if a person has simply visited the site? I can't find that anywhere.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 02, 2014 01:06AM

Date: October 02, 2014 01:58PM

I see. So you can hide your activity if you want.

Panchito Wrote:
> SueZ
> [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: October 02, 2014 11:49PM

Yeah. I discovered that long ago and am hardly a computer whiz. Really I am sure that if someone is logged on at home and never logs out and also doesn't post that it wouldn't show as activity? Can someone confirm this? So ostensibly someone could be lurking and yet it shows two weeks ago as last activity due to it being the last time s/he signed on or posted a comment. I am not sure if I am right about this or if even clicking on a sub-forum would count as activity.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 03, 2014 01:50AM

So strange this thread.
When SueZ was posting everyday most did not like it.
Now she is not posting and we are searching for her.

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: October 03, 2014 02:34AM

I browsed through a few of dans recent videos. In one he made a not so non fat Brazil nut cheese and the other few he is talking with his mentor Lou who promotes high fat. Still wondering if he did indeed go back to high fruit low fat ..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2014 02:36AM by tezcal.

Date: October 03, 2014 03:39AM

He almost died from a bacterial infection at the Woodstock Fruit Festival. He went to the hospital and took antibiotics. I give him a lot of credit for admitting that and not trying to pretend that his diet, whatever it is, keeps him perfectly immune.

tezcal Wrote:
> I browsed through a few of dans recent videos. In
> one he made a not so non fat Brazil nut cheese and
> the other few he is talking with his mentor Lou
> who promotes high fat. Still wondering if he did
> indeed go back to high fruit low fat ..

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: October 03, 2014 04:09AM

Yeah I saw that video and have much respect to him for admitting that. I also highly resonate with the spiritual aspects of what he says, as I'm currently experiencing something similar.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables