Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Eggplant and Zucchini Dehydrated "Fries"
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: October 02, 2014 12:15AM

YOu guys got to see these, I want to make them, its from this article, a good read too. [www.huffingtonpost.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eggplant and Zucchini Dehydrated "Fries"
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 03, 2014 10:25PM

Thanks for that! I was turned on to some new sites for raw foods. I tried to make raw eggplant "bacon" in the dehydrator. Blech! My man liked it but I was unimpressed. This might work...

Date: October 04, 2014 04:32PM

I ate eggplant bacon at a raw vegan restaurant and was hooked. I bought an eggplant, but it got all wrinkly in my fridge. I was going to do it. I been so lazy lately. I am at the 8 month mark in my situation, one month to go, so I dont like getting out of this cozy chair for nothing. You soak the egglant in nama shoyu that is raw, braggs isnt raw anymore I just found out, they changed the whole process, huge mistake, people will find out, so maybe coconut aminos.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: January 11, 2015 09:35AM

is name shoyu really raw?

Date: January 11, 2015 09:56AM

Its raw enough or raw friendly. Coconut Aminos says its raw on the bottle.

When I google nama shoyu it says this

Organic Nama Shoyu -- raw unpasteurized soy sauce and more. Rawganique.com is the internet superstore for the truly raw lifestyle.

Nama shoyu is a common ingredient in raw food cuisine. Find out what this obscure ingredient is, where it comes from and how to get it.

Keep your raw food diet free of cooked ingredients with this quick and simple recipe to replace the popular Nama Shoyu... So many raw food recipes use Nama Shoyu even though it isn't actually raw. In Japanese nama does mean raw. But the word isn't intended to indicate that the liquid has never been subjected to high heat, only that it hasn't been pasteurized. Alas, pure raw foodists, as well as those on gluten-free diet…

Ohsawa Organic Nama Shoyu -- 32 fl oz - Unpasteurized Soy Sauce. The Only Soy Sauce That’s Fresh and Alive! In Japan, “Nama” means “raw” or “unpasteurized.”Ohsawa® Organic Nama® Shoyu is the only soy sauce that's fresh and alive! Nama® means RAW! It is unpasteurized, enzyme- and lactobacillus-rich, and aged two years .../

How raw is boiled water? I am sure we can go really far down the rabbit hole.I do not know.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: January 11, 2015 10:04AM

Thanks, I will buy some and try it.

Date: January 11, 2015 06:24PM

For flavor for that salty flavor.....( I was trained in every raw recipe you need to have balanced all the five tastes/flavors) There is good old fashioned pink salt. You can use that too. Is salt raw? LOl I do not know. Himalayan, Celtic..Its "raw salt" as its rawest but it is not alive or living.., then, the pink stuff and Nama Shoyu is definitely raw soy sauce, as raw as it gets I think...

What about coconut aminos, thats fairly new and I do not know much about it.

Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: January 12, 2015 07:54PM

Those "fries" look like a fantastic snack! Will definitely be doing some of those up in the dehydrator this evening!

Eggplant for "bacon". Interesting. May have to pick one up at the store today and give it a try (just salted, no soy). I've also been thinking about ways I could possibly use sprouted lentils to make raw sausage patties (I used to make "lentil sausage" patties as a vegetarian) and use sprouted chickpeas and my tofu press to get an 'egg-like' texture for a raw "scramble" (peppers, onions, mushrooms) so that would be totally awesome to have a 'traditional' breakfast of 'bacon' 'eggs' and 'sausage' grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 07:59PM by Kiwibird.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables