Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wine?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 12, 2006 02:15AM

I'm wondering, does drinking wine really fit into the raw foods lifestyle? Please give me your feedback on your stand on wine and health. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wine?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 12, 2006 02:18AM

I avoid it - as I feel it is not as vital as sustaining as fresh fruits and vegetables. If you feel it is an optimal food for YOU - then I encourage you to drink more of it! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 12, 2006 02:58AM

I don't drink it nowadays, though I did when I first started raw. Based on my experience, this is more of a transitional raw thing. If you are enjoying raw wine, then continue to enjoy it. At some point your body may rebel, at which point you can revisit your situation.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 12, 2006 05:01AM

Thanks for your input! Well I used to drink wine all the time, but after being one month on raw, and not drinking at all, and then having my first glass the other night, I felt pretty dreadful afterwards. It's alluring to have a glass of wine with dinner when out with friends, but I find that it doesn't feel right with me now. It's always been a social thing, which is why I've hung on to it. Any ideas, for substitute drinks when everyone else is enjoying a glass?

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: December 12, 2006 08:35AM

How about a glass of fresh grape juice? YOu can sip it slowly and get a natural high! It will make you giggle.

Wine is just rotten (fermented) grape juice. It is grape juice that's "gone bad."

smiling smiley

Love,
Julie

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 12, 2006 10:43AM

If it replaces SAD calories it is good, it is probably most beneficial in type II (aquired) diabetics who eat garbage mostly.

But you can do better.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables