Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

some questions on fasting
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 12, 2006 08:10PM

do you take any supplements while fasting?
what do you have? just water? and how long would you recommend to fast for?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: some questions on fasting
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 12, 2006 10:49PM

Mono-fruit, Water or Juice. Mono-fruit if you are somewhat healthy, Juice if you are rather healthy...water if you are very comfortable while fasting and very healthy. I do not take any supplements.

-I would recommend 1 meal if you are very unhealthy. 1 day if you are fairly healthy. 1-3 days if you are quite healthy. Longer only if you are very experienced and comfortable with regular long/short fasts.

-Just my experience.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 13, 2006 01:08AM

When I fast, I just drink water. I stay in bed as much as possible, and get a lot of rest. I don't take supplements when I fast.

I have done a 10, 12, and several (6) 3 to 4 day fasts. In general, it is not recommended to water fast on your own for fasts longer than 3 days.

Date: December 13, 2006 04:32PM

what is mono-fruit??

Date: December 13, 2006 05:46PM

Fasting by eating only one kind of fruit for the fasting period.

-David Z. Mason

Date: December 13, 2006 06:54PM

after a fast how do you re introduce food? as i am hoping to lose some weight while on the fast but dont want to put it all back on when i start eating again, any tips please?

Posted by: apple ()
Date: December 13, 2006 07:54PM

jen 21..don`t use fasting as a way of losing weight-you will gain it back when you stop fasting-and the weight you "lose" is mostly muscle and water maybe but not fat..

You`re much better off eating healthy to lose fat and be toned.

Date: December 13, 2006 08:27PM

i just cant seem to lose weight though and its really getting to me, its affecting my self-esteem tremendiously, im fine in the day but as soon as night comes i binge and binge and binge, no matter how late i come home i still do it, its like its out of my control. I need to lose weight and fast, i want to feel good about myself and not hate my body...if i dont eat all day im fine, a fast for two weeks would surely make me lose weight? and then i could be a fruitarian to maintain the weight

Posted by: apple ()
Date: December 13, 2006 09:35PM

jen21..trust me-ive been in your shoes. Fasting, fruit juices, even 100% raw food diet does not help food disorders, it worsens it..
You cannot lose weight " fast" Losing a pound or two a week is healthy. Binging is a serious problem. You need to start with dealing with that, slowly...

Personally, when I was in your shoes weight watchers helped me loads ( I can hear cringing!) because it helped me lose weight without leaving out anything I liked ( this can help disorders) didnt have to buy any special raw or diet foods and I was in control of the quality of foods I liked. As I learned to deal with binging I slowly went on to being vegan and then increasing my fresh fruits, veggies etc..
Just my 2 cents..

Posted by: Oneris ()
Date: December 14, 2006 07:56PM

Whatever unhealthy foods you eat, you're going to crave. If you eat grains, you'll crave grains. The carbs will breakdown into sugar, which breaks down into acid. The sugar also promotes insulin production, which promotes fat storage.

A switch to raw foods("cold turkey"winking smiley is more effective than fasting. You need the enzymes from green leafy vegetables to "do the work" in your body. Quite simply, your body just doesn't have the resources to remove fat and toxins. It's more efficient to just store them.

It's tough to do, cause as soon as you start you're thinking, "I'm no longer taking in X" so your body starts to store X, and crave X. Then you start to detox and a lot of people confuse that with being sick. The detox period also throws off pH readings since you'll have more toxins being expelled, so you might want to wait on those 'til you've balanced out again.

Date: December 14, 2006 11:10PM

-It sounds like what you might want to do is eat FAR MORE often...just eat what YOU think are healthier food alternatives.

-If you eat 6-8 meals per day....it will keep your digestive / thermic effect going....and you'll actually lose weight....as long as the foods themselves are not terrible for you.

-You just aren't going to get fat eating 12 apples in a sitting....or a HUGE bowl of salad. If you still eat cooked foods, try to eat foods that are low in fat, high in fiber / water / and nutrient content.

-Hot air-popped popcorn is a great transitional snack. Eat all you want! I promise you won't gain weight! Ha! ha!

-What do you think?

-Sounds like you are asking the right questions! Power and success to you!

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: December 15, 2006 04:29PM

Truly, after ten years of experience and observation, I would recommend fasting only with vegetable juices,wheatgrass juice, lemon juice and water - together. While many remarkable results have been obtained through strict water fasting, unless you are under the care of a healthcare provider who is very knowledgable about fasting, you could hurt yourself.

Research the number of great fasting books available that address juice fasting. & go from there. OR get professional guidence as you fast, would be my most thoughtful suggestion.

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables