Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Researchers Link Carbohydrate Intake to Higher Chance of Mortality
Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: October 14, 2014 06:46AM

What the research says:

Glycemic load - or the amount of carbohydrates in your diet - makes a difference regardless of the quality of those carbohydrates.

Consuming high glycemic index foods or glycemic load increased risk of all-cause mortality over a five-year period.
[breakingmuscle.com]

What else to eat?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Researchers Link Carbohydrate Intake to Higher Chance of Mortality
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: October 14, 2014 12:55PM

Tell that to the people who live in the Blue Zones!!!

Posted by: HH ()
Date: October 14, 2014 01:20PM

There's a lot more to Blue Zone longevity than diet. Genes, lifestyle, culture, climate, etc. are all very important. Sardinians live a long time despite eating large amounts of dairy. One of the problems with some diet people is that they are myopic in their thinkng. All human outcomes are the result of diet. If someone falls down the stairs, it's not becaue they were careless, it's because they ate McDonald's within the past week.

Date: October 14, 2014 01:49PM

I gave a lecture this weekend and I mentioned the Blue Zones.

Here are a couple of points I made:

The Sardinians eat foods with a lot of color—which helps them get a healthy dose of vitamin D. "One thing the blue zones all seem to have is a lot of sun exposure. Of course, the sun gives you the vitamin D that we know is the single most important vitamin deficiency in America," Dr. Oz says. "The sun's doing what the fruits and vegetables are doing—they're protecting your insides."

The most significant lifestyle factor shared by the centenarians of the Blue Zones, Buettner reported, was the frequency and gentleness of their exercise. These people, who often tended to their own gardens and farms, routinely exercised for more than five hours per day. However, their exercise was always based on natural movements such as moderate walking, gentle lifting and tilling the soil. Comparatively extreme exercise, such as weight lifting and marathon running, was non-existent.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: October 14, 2014 02:30PM

People in blue-zones eat very high plant-based diets... For some odd reason, people like to look at the percentage of carbs/protein/fat and get this idea that it's the reason why these cultures are living a long time with little disease. High plant-based diets, moderate exercise (while getting grounded to the Earth), positive social interaction and low levels of stress are major reasons these people live long, healthy lives.

Date: October 14, 2014 03:08PM

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: A rawfood diet is anti-aging (scientifc proof)
Posted by: John Rose
Date: December 25, 2013 04:57PM

Let’s take a look at the Blue Zones. The one thing all 5 of them have in common is a lot of sun exposure and they all eat very little if any Animal Products. In fact, one of them is here in America and MOST of them do NOT Eat any Animal Products!

[www.oprah.com]
"One thing the blue zones all seem to have is a lot of sun exposure. Of course, the sun gives you the vitamin D that we know is the single most important vitamin deficiency in America," Dr. Oz says. "The sun's doing what the fruits and vegetables are doing—they're protecting your insides."
[www.oprah.com]

[www.oprah.com]
When Dr. Oz and Dan went into a grocery store in Loma Linda, they said it was easy to see why their community has lived such long and healthy lives. "It's full of bins of locally grown beans and nuts," Oprah says. "And aisles of fresh fruits and vegetables.

Normally, eating healthy is thought to be expensive, but the price of foods are relatively inexpensive in Loma Linda because most of their beans and nuts are locally grown and because of how they package the foods. "They sold these in big bins so you didn't pay a lot of money for marketing and for packaging," Dr. Oz says. "It just was the bin."

Because so many residents of Loma Linda are vegans, there is no meat or dairy in their diets, which Dan believes contributes to their health. "You can eat meat, but ... keep it as a sideshow," he says.
[www.oprah.com]

[www.oprah.com]
Home to the longest-living Americans is Loma Linda, California, a town 60 miles east of Los Angeles.

A big part of life in Loma Linda revolves around faith—it's home to 9,000 followers of the Seventh Day Adventist church. The Christian religion emphasizes diet and health and frowns on smoking, drinking and eating meat and processed foods.

Heart surgeon Ellsworth Wareham is a 94-year-old Adventist who can still be found in the operating room. "I think it's important for an individual to have some security and peace in his life. And I get that from believing in a loving, caring God, you see. And so if he's in charge of my life, why sit around and worry? I mean, he takes care of the universe, he can certainly take care of me, so I don't worry."

Dr. Wareham also follows a vegan diet, which means he doesn't eat any meat, milk or eggs. He also spends about 10 hours a week working in his garden. "I've been fortunate, first, but I do try to follow a good lifestyle," he says.
[www.oprah.com]

Peace and Love..........John
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: October 14, 2014 04:14PM

So it is not just the food but the way of life and connecting to mother earth.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 14, 2014 05:55PM

looked like they omited important playing factors like total dietary fats. If they had a high levelss of fat in the diet diet, rising dietary sugars (desserts or high corm fructose) would be havoc. It is ironic but the only proven diet that reverses cardiovascular disease is a high carb diet

[www.amazon.com]

Date: October 14, 2014 07:32PM

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> looked like they omited important playing factors
> like total dietary fats. If they had a high
> levelss of fat in the diet diet, rising dietary
> sugars (desserts or high corm fructose) would be
> havoc. It is ironic but the only proven diet that
> reverses cardiovascular disease is a high carb
> diet
>
> [www.amazon.com]
> e-Nutrition-Based/dp/1583333002

I have not read the book but what are the supporting ideas on high carb diet reversing cardiovascular disease?

Date: October 15, 2014 12:32AM

CommonSenseRaw Wrote:
> I have not read the book but what are the
> supporting ideas on high carb diet reversing
> cardiovascular disease?

I just tool a quick look inside the book (free first pages). It says this:

The bottom line of the nutritional program I recommend is that contains not a single item of any food known to cause or promote the development of vascular disease.

NO OILS
NO DAIRY
NO ANIMALS

Date: October 15, 2014 01:12AM

CommonSenseRaw Wrote:
> What the research says:
>
> Glycemic load - or the amount of carbohydrates in
> your diet - makes a difference regardless of the
> quality of those carbohydrates.
>
> Consuming high glycemic index foods or glycemic
> load increased risk of all-cause mortality over a
> five-year period.
> [breakingmuscle.com]
> hers-link-carbohydrate-intake-to-higher-chance-of-
> mortality
>
> What else to eat?

Yes, it is now looking like carbs might be the primary cause of CVD instead of fat and cholesterol like previously thought. Apparently carbs are said to damage the artery walls and cholesterol goes to those areas to repair the damage and has been blamed for causing lesions and plaques. We know fat has no proven cause of CVD because the largest long term studies in history clearly say so, but now increasing research has been linking carbs with disease. I am currently looking right into all of this....all l can say is that l am blown away with what l am reading, it is like everything we have ppreviously learned about health is a joke.

A future bombshell to be dropped here

The biggest long term studies done on salt consumption has shown all previous studies on salt restriction to be wrong and that low salt consumption under 2.5 grams is deadly and increases heart disease and hormonal problems and that over 5 grams per day is also dangerous. The short term studies showing high blood pressure being raised by salt were also misleading and can be fixed by raising potassium levels by eating raw fruits and vegetables.

I previously mentioned about the dangers of raw vegan diets with low sodium and now the biggest studies ever done have been published in the two most prestigious medical journals in the world now further back up what l have been saying.

I drop jaw dropping bombshells soon. It seems like everything the heart association tells us is killing us. They say low salt, low fat, low cholesterol...all a disaster.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 01:15AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: October 15, 2014 01:37AM

ja ja. All the cultures that only eat carbs and have not a case upon millions of cardiovascular disease, they all the sudden are wrong because TSM says so. Yeap, they lived CVD disease free for all these years. TSM cam to save them by making them drink oil and sprouts.

Date: October 15, 2014 01:37AM

It seems like the key is to find a level of carbohydrate that is tolerated by the individual.

I also want to talk about the dark side of carbs and about the highly nasty dicarbonyls linking with proteins and being 20,000 times more effective than glucose in creating advanced glycation endproducts, BUT this is not neccessarily a problem when various things in the body are functioning well.

I still need to get upto speed on the carb stuff because it is really complex stuff, but when l do reveal the dark sode of carbs l don't want people like John Rose and Panchito getting scared and kept awake at night by the nightmares that will be presented because there is always the option to go high fat,low carb, high salt. winking smiley

Seriously,l can see more people going low carb high fat in the future. I can see the tide turning, it already is starting.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: October 15, 2014 01:51AM

Panchito Wrote:
> ja ja. All the cultures that only eat carbs and
> have not a case upon millions of cardiovascular
> disease, they all the sudden are wrong because TSM
> says so. Yeap, they lived CVD disease free for all
> these years. TSM cam to save them by making them
> drink oil and sprouts.

Good point, but we'll get back to that when l have read all the studies talk about the nightmare of carbs. Some people tolerate carbs really well, others don't, so maybe the cultural thing applies. If you live on mainly non refined carbs generation after generation perhaps this helps avoid the dark side of carbs. winking smiley

I'll tell you something Panchito, it looks pretty scary. Not just scary, but really reeeally scary. No need to worry, we can always fix it....nuts for lunch and seeds for dinner with plenty of greens and some saturated fat and a generous quantity of salt. Hey Panchito,l only say what the latest science says,and some of the studies are massive land mark ones too.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: October 15, 2014 02:06AM

There is this free download book called carbophobia

[www.atkinsexposed.org]

Other studies show that a high (70-85%) carbohydrate diet (combined with walking an average of 15-30 minutes a day) not only can result in significant reductions in body weight, blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides, but significant drops in baseline insulin levels as well, exactly the opposite of what low carb pushers would predict. In just three weeks on a high (unrefined) carb vegetarian diet and a few minutes of daily walking, diabetics reduced the amount of insulin they needed and most of the pre-diabetics seemed cured of their insulin resistance.[84] In general vegetarians may have half the insulin levels of nonvegetarians even at the same weight.[85]

look, these people follow a high carb diet and they look good, smart, and healthy: [plantricianproject.org]

Date: October 15, 2014 02:29AM

Hi Panchito,

I well believe various people do well on high carb such as yourself, BUT there are many carb intolerant people around.

People might want to listen to Dr Stephen Phinney, his discussions are fascinating. This video talks about carb intolerances, protein and fat. Well worth the listen.

JumpstartMD Full Interview with Drs. Stephen Phinney & Jeff Volek
[www.youtube.com]

Funny enough, Dr Stephen Phinney looks good and has a diet of 70% fat. He does not eat the type of diet we do, but he does seem to know about a lot of stuff,and he reads the medical journals.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: October 15, 2014 02:43AM

never heard of 'carbohydrate intolerance" I looked it up and it only shows a subacse of fructose intolerance. It looks like they are making it up. I looked up Jeff Volek and he seems to be a pusher of the ketogenic diet. Wait! he coauthors the ATKINS diet ja ja ja

[www.amazon.com]

Date: October 15, 2014 02:59AM

No need to worry about Atkins, lets just hear what they have to say about carbs and fat. If they start getting silly, promoting that diet and saying things not in the literature they will get pulled up and sunk, but they do stick with the science from what l have heard so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 03:01AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: October 15, 2014 03:13AM

It is no science. In sicence, there is no "carbohydrate intolerance" (except with the rare case of fructose intolerance). What I see is that people want to believe what they hear. Thus, they tell you what you want to hear. That's ok and normal. But be advised that they can verbally trick people easily for example, coming up with terms like "carbohydrate intolerance," which I saw it on the first min of the vid you posted.

Their "science" is unmasked in these vids:

[plantpositive.com]

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 15, 2014 03:18AM

Could it be that all of their results are skewed because the people used in the sample are all on cooked and processed foods and most are sick.

Date: October 15, 2014 03:23AM

if the study was made in the mediterranean culture, then yes. They do a lot of fried foods, high fat, deserts, etc., not like the old mediterranean diets. They eat lots of junk.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 15, 2014 03:28AM

You could hardly find a group of people not eating a lot of junk.
Just walk in the bars and streets of the major cities in the world.
It would be interesting to know what the results of the study will be on those eating mostly raw food.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables