Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw menu for 80-hr/week schedule?
Posted by: rawallison ()
Date: October 16, 2014 04:19AM

I'm returning to raw after years away. For economic reasons I work 80 hours a week these days. Not much sleep. I need help constructing a raw diet that will give me the energy I need to make it through a 16 hour work day and 4 hours of sleep. Changing my work schedule is not an option- raw food and nutrition are my suggest I could use some ideas for good foods to help me get through this!

Rawallison

<><><><><><>
Eating raw is a challenge for me, but it's the healthiest lifestyle I know.
See you at Raw Odyssey!
[blog.rawodyssey.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw menu for 80-hr/week schedule?
Date: October 16, 2014 11:40AM

(Sorry about the typo above!)

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 16, 2014 12:35PM

Surely you will need a good source of raw protein. [ohsheglows.com]

Posted by: kristinab ()
Date: October 16, 2014 02:06PM

You can try Markus Rothkranz's Green Energy Formula, it's supposed to give you a lot of continuous energy and people swear by it. You can look at some testimonials on youtube and on the product site. I haven't tried it myself yet though, but that's what I would do in your situation. I wish I can sleep less haha but I average 9 hours.

Blog: [greensanddessert.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 16, 2014 03:46PM

80 a week is difficult. Raw food will make you more sensitive. There will be an internal conflict between health and money. Raw food is not a type of diet. It is not like putting different oil and the car runs the same. It alters your perception. Who will win? you will know with time.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 17, 2014 01:36AM

I commonly work those long hours and always have frozen bananas and greens for green smoothies on hand. smiling smiley

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: October 17, 2014 01:37AM

For energy, I would start with AFA super blue-green algae, soil-based B12 (LifeGive), panax ginseng, staying hydrated and removing all stimulants from your diet. A deficiency in B12 can cause a significant impact on energy levels as well as overall cognition so that's one thing to make sure you're getting sufficient levels of, but it's key to make sure it's soil-based and not synthetic. Also, do a little bit of experimenting to find out which foods give you sustainable energy (whether it's higher fat, protein, or carbs).

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: October 17, 2014 02:40AM

<<<I need help constructing a raw diet that will give me the energy I need to make it through a 16 hour work day>>>

It's impossible to answer this question without knowing what kind of work you do!

Date: October 17, 2014 06:05AM

Thanks Panchito. Eating raw is not new to me. I've been away from it for s while now, though, and know I am "rusty". Plus, ideas change and new products come out thst are worth looking into. Sensitivity isn't too much of a concern to me- it didn't happen during my raw experience before, but I do know I'll be more tired and in need of good nutrition from work stressors and less sleep, so THAT May make me sensitive!

Date: October 17, 2014 06:07AM

It's all sitting-in-front-of-a-computer work, but does involve researching and resolving people's problems. Basic customer service.

<><><><><><>
Eating raw is a challenge for me, but it's the healthiest lifestyle I know.
See you at Raw Odyssey!
[blog.rawodyssey.com]

Posted by: Raw4ever ()
Date: October 17, 2014 06:35AM

Go green!! And stay hydrated. And meditate or sleep on your breaks. That's a heavy schedule. I've been there and done that for too long. Stay focused.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 17, 2014 08:44AM

high high high high mineral dense foods

good luck

take care

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: October 17, 2014 12:46PM

rawallison Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's all sitting-in-front-of-a-computer work, but
> does involve researching and resolving people's
> problems. Basic customer service.

If possible, try and get a little bit of exercise in each day. Even ten minutes a day can make a difference. Getting the blood flowing is important for energy levels. You could go for a jog, do some pushups, jumping jacks, or a combination of whatever exercises you'd prefer. Also, avoid sitting as much as possible, try to get up every 15 minutes or so and walk around, even if it's only a short distance. Both sitting and standing still for prolonged periods of time have a lot of undesirable health effects.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2014 12:47PM by jtprindl.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables